Mae Mai Muay Thai demonstration?

Bsum

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anyone know of a video demonstrating Mae Mai Muay Thai?

I've seen this one:

Any others?

google muay boran.
why do you want only mae mai and not luk mae also.

google muay boran.

Probably becuase he has not heard of it yet. I have found a lot non-Thai trained MT people have not heard of either.

google muay boran.

Because I'm a newb and haven't gotten there just yet. In due time though...

Mae Mai / Luk Mai isn't a style, it is the core techniques of Muay Thai.

Yes, and I was just looking for some good vids that would reinforce what I am learning.

Then make sure the vids match the one's you are shown. I have seen at least 3 different lists of the Official 15 Mae Mai and 15 Luk Mai that don't match and one only has 11 Luk Mai.

Two techniques that had the same name but had different execution on each list were Chawa Sad Hok and Inao Thang Grit. In the video both are elbows on a lead elbow to the front of the body and the other a rear dropping elbow to the kidney. On one list it was an elbow to the lead floating rib and the other a knee to the the lead floating rib. On the third list it was an elbow to the lead floating rib and a knee to trailing floating rib. All three sets were about the same idea just used different tools to get there.

Then make sure the vids match the one's you are shown. I have seen at least 3 different lists of the Official 15 Mae Mai and 15 Luk Mai that don't match and one only has 11 Luk Mai.

Two techniques that had the same name but had different execution on each list were Chawa Sad Hok and Inao Thang Grit. In the video both are elbows on a lead elbow to the front of the body and the other a rear dropping elbow to the kidney. On one list it was an elbow to the lead floating rib and the other a knee to the the lead floating rib. On the third list it was an elbow to the lead floating rib and a knee to trailing floating rib. All three sets were about the same idea just used different tools to get there.

Great point, that's exactly what I have found. My Kru teaches a slightly different version than the video I posted. Like you said, all were about the same idea just used different tools to get there.

all schools different with there 15 major and 15 minor techniques.
but the 30 techniques are only a small part of muay boran.

True, as I understand they form the core of a particular gyms fighting method, thus the traditional importance of the Wai Kru. There are lot of Cherg Muay and Kon Muay to pull from.

Do you also practice Muay Boran and the traditional boxing? Forms, anything like that?

i practice muay boran and krabi krabong for long time.
also traditional thai dancing, not that that matters here, hey i like dancing.

Payak,

Is there a single best source for muay boran techniques to refer to on the internet?

Or are people stuck with you tube?

There is a free online book "Muay Thai The Art Of Fighting". Google it.

most of the stuff you will see in demos and seminars and online is for show, the fancy but not to realistic stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back