Television MADOFF: The Monster of Wall Street

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

This docuseries follows the rise and fall of financier Bernie Madoff, who orchestrated one of the biggest Ponzi schemes in Wall Street history.

Just watched this on netflix and it's amazing how he got away with this for so long after the SEC was warned multiple times.

The trustee tasked with getting the money back was Irving picard which he did well but it left a lot of lower investors in deep shit, losing their houses and savings. Then it tells you how much picard made from this and it's a disgusting amount.

This docuseries follows the rise and fall of financier Bernie Madoff, who orchestrated one of the biggest Ponzi schemes in Wall Street history.

Just watched this on netflix and it's amazing how he got away with this for so long after the SEC was warned multiple times.

The trustee tasked with getting the money back was Irving picard which he did well but it left a lot of lower investors in deep shit, losing their houses and savings. Then it tells you how much picard made from this and it's a disgusting amount.

I think SEC is run by former Wall Street workers and gets influenced by corporations. They’re just there to make peasants like us feel better that they’re being “regulated”

I think SEC is run by former Wall Street workers and gets influenced by corporations. They’re just there to make peasants like us feel better that they’re being “regulated”
This is worth a watch. According to this guy who reported Madoff several times to the SEC they are nothing but lawyers with no financial background.

I hope he is in a room with Dahmer down there.

This is worth a watch. According to this guy who reported Madoff several times to the SEC they are nothing but lawyers with no financial background.

Thanks for that link.

I learned about the corruption with the GameStop fiasco. SEC didn’t stop Robin Hood trying to lower Game stop price and other companies that were in on it too. In the end, the politicians tried to put regulations on retailers (us, peasants) so hedge funds won’t lose that much money down the road. They said it for the financial safety of the public. Which means, politicians are in on it too. Number one bullshit.

I've tried watching this, but the re-enactments are so terrible, like borderline cringe.

there was this scene where an actor portraying Madoff is walking down the hallways of his office smoking a cigar.
it was comical.

I can't imagine what this could add to the PBS Frontline documentary.

There’s no way some of those investigators weren’t paid off.

IDK why but I am just not interested in watching any Bernie Madoff stuff. I do love documentaries about financial scandals. But I just don’t care about his for some reason.

I do think it’s really great that his name is Madoff and he made off with everyone’s money. That part is funny. Other than that, I don’t really give a shit.

Back