Madmick, King Kubaki, etc whoever else that is hardcore....

Freestyler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've been doing research on my free time at school for maybe the last 3 weeks about supplements. I currently have just been on Protein shakes and took about half a bottle of nitrix. After research i have made a new list, i want to bring this through you guys first before i go ahead with it. If one thing looks out of place/I need something else, let me know, this is just from the research i have done, not experience like most of you. Here it is:

-Muscle Juice(MM knock off IMO but cheaper!) 10lb bucket already have...
-Omega 3 i believe is what i have...ill check later
-Twinlab L-Arginine
-Optimum BCAA's
-Higher Power Glutamine 1800
-Optimum Amino 2222 Softgels
-Im still lookin for a good Multi thats decently priced...Animal Pak would eat a whole in my pocket!

Let me know what you guys think since this list is only a "rough draft..."; It can only improve! Thanks guys.

You should put some Lysine in with that Arginine, to balance them out. And a decently priced multi = Mega Men. Animal Pak is a bit overboard. Ultra Mega green is also good if you don't get all your veggie servings per day.

And why do you have two different sets of Aminos? The Amino 2222 is BCAA's, so I don't understand the BCAA, unless it's the BCAA's isolated specifically, but the Amino 2222 has ample supply of the leucine, isoleucine, and valine.

Well thats why i asked before doing anything. I took the BCAA's out and am keeping the Amino 2222's.

I'm quite offended for not being mentioned in the title of the thread. So, I plan to passively aggressively not answer.

I also found sci-fit Lysine for 5.00 so im going to ahead with that.

I'm quite offended for not being mentioned in the title of the thread. So, I plan to passively aggressively not answer.

lol Gold.

Rjkd12 said:
lol...Since i can remember ive had numerous amounts of advice from madmick and kk thats why i listed them, their opinion obviously would matter the most due to their knowledge and experience ive had with them in the past. Nothing personal, thats why i put etc. b/c i dont know the rest of the ppl on here who are on their level and if you are, congrats but did not mean to offend :D

Keep it simple, go with a good multi(mega man or somethin)
a omega 3 6 9s pill
glutamine peptides
muscle milk
and if you want you can go withj a simple monohydrate creatine
or somethin like CrE2, a ethryl ester creatine with NO

Freestyler said:
I've been doing research on my free time at school for maybe the last 3 weeks about supplements. I currently have just been on Protein shakes and took about half a bottle of nitrix. After research i have made a new list, i want to bring this through you guys first before i go ahead with it. If one thing looks out of place/I need something else, let me know, this is just from the research i have done, not experience like most of you. Here it is:

-Muscle Juice(MM knock off IMO but cheaper!) 10lb bucket already have...
-Omega 3 i believe is what i have...ill check later
-Twinlab L-Arginine
-Optimum BCAA's
-Higher Power Glutamine 1800
-Optimum Amino 2222 Softgels
-Im still lookin for a good Multi thats decently priced...Animal Pak would eat a whole in my pocket!

Let me know what you guys think since this list is only a "rough draft..."; It can only improve! Thanks guys.

Since Terumo posted on NO products, I have precluded them from my regimen. Hence, my recommendation is you toss the L-Arginine.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=292084&page=2&pp=20
Post #36

As for the BCAA's, take those only pre-workout or during your workout. I would recommend a BCAA-only supplement.

The only time I would recommend glutamine is during a cutting phase, and only postworkout.

Kabuki covered everything else. I like the Ultra Mega Green MV. That's what I use.

Also, make sure to cuddle RJKD some more. It's cold where he lives.

ok, looked up muscle juice... compared it to muscle milk (edit: forgot to mention this is PER SERVING)

MUSCLE JUICE vs MUSCLE MILK
calories: 1021 vs 348
sat fats: 17g vs 8g saturated fats
protein: 55g vs 32g
cholesterol: 77mg vs 3mg
vitamins: A, calcium, iron vs A, C, calcium, iron, D, E, B1, B2.... etc etc

But here's the kicker....

a 10lb tub of muscle juice has 19 servings at 4 scoops. $1.32 per serving ($25/tub)
muscle milk's 2.5lb tub has 15 servings at 2 scoops. $1.67 per serving ($25/tub)

You're so much better off with the muscle milk. It's only a $0.35 diff per serving, but gives you so much more (or less in some cases)

On the topic of BCAA's, supposedly, Muscle Juice already has the 13g.... yea, you do need to dump some BCAA somewhere.

paulchu said:
ok, looked up muscle juice... compared it to muscle milk

MUSCLE JUICE vs MUSCLE MILK
calories: 1021 vs 348
sat fats: 17g vs 8g saturated fats
protein: 55g vs 32g
cholesterol: 77mg vs 3mg
vitamins: A, calcium, iron vs A, C, calcium, iron, D, E, B1, B2.... etc etc

But here's the kicker....

a 10lb tub of muscle juice has 19 servings at 4 scoops. $1.32 per serving ($25/tub)
muscle milk's 2.5lb tub has 15 servings at 2 scoops. $1.67 per serving ($25/tub)

You're so much better off with the muscle milk. It's only a $0.35 diff per serving, but gives you so much more (or less in some cases)

On the topic of BCAA's, supposedly, Muscle Juice already has the 13g.... yea, you do need to dump some BCAA somewhere.

Paul, you gotta adjust those numbers (comparison of calories, etc.) for equally weighted portions. Otherwise it's meaningless.

I don't get you? why should they be equally weighted portions as opposed to what the manufacturer considers "a serving"?

paulchu said:
I don't get you? why should they be equally weighted portions as opposed to what the manufacturer considers "a serving"?

Because serving sizes vary.

But I get where you're coming from. Most guys just follow directions on the bottle/tub/whatever, but that's really stupid. Those directions for consumption are ridiculously stupid; most of the time they want you to take 10x as much as you need (I doubt anyone here really needs me to explain why).

So for comparing servings, your post is useful. For comparing composition of the powders, it is not at all.

The thing here is that Cytosport doesn't (usually) market MM as a weight gainer, hence the smaller serving. At 1,000 calories per serving and coming in 10 lb. jugs, it's obvious whoever produces MJ is marketing it for that specific purpose.

But everybody's caloric needs are different, so comparing serving sizes and not composition of powders (to analyze their usefulness and nutritious value) really isn't all that helpful.

i 100% agree with you madmick, everything will differ, and they are totally different products, but i'm assuming freestyler thinks muscle juice would be a suitable replacement for muscle milk, noted by his (MM knock off IMO but cheaper) comment.

paulchu said:
i 100% agree with you madmick, everything will differ, and they are totally different products, but i'm assuming freestyler thinks muscle juice would be a suitable replacement for muscle milk, noted by his (MM knock off IMO but cheaper) comment.

Well, it very well might be a cheaper and viable alternative.

But it sure won't be cheaper if he's taking 3x as much!

Someone link me a page to MJ and its contents. I'll give an analysis. I'm honestly too lazy to open a new window and and go to bodybuilding.com myself, right now.

MJ isn't even close to MM, it's not supposed to be a MM knock-off at all.

MJ has a 3 to 1 ratio of carbs to protein.
MJ is mostly whey, w/ very little casein.

If you want a cheaper MM alternative, I suggest Dymatize Mega Milk. That is a true MM knock-off. They copied the ingredients, nutrition info (exactly the same), & even the labels are remarkably similar. For whatever reason though, the taste isn't as good (even though they have the same ingredients, amount of calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc).

Personally, I'd try to pay the bit extra & get the real thing (for the taste!). Dymatize's Mega Milk still tastes good, just not as good.

HP_Nut said:
MJ isn't even close to MM, it's not supposed to be a MM knock-off at all.

MJ has a 3 to 1 ratio of carbs to protein.
MJ is mostly whey, w/ very little casein.

If you want a cheaper MM alternative, I suggest Dymatize Mega Milk. That is a true MM knock-off. They copied the ingredients, nutrition info (exactly the same), & even the labels are remarkably similar. For whatever reason though, the taste isn't as good (even though they have the same ingredients, amount of calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc).

Personally, I'd try to pay the bit extra & get the real thing (for the taste!). Dymatize's Mega Milk still tastes good, just not as good.

Nice. Saved me the time.

Ya know what I recommend? Food. Get off the supps. Without solid dietary habits you won't develop the base to see any real results out of the supplements. If I was you, young, and looking to put on serious muscle, I would grab my hard earned cash and head to the store to buy:

1. Mountains of Extra-Lean Ground Sirlion
2. Equal amounts of veggies
3. Mixed Nuts
4. Buckets of Fruit
5. Oatmeal

I would then write out a diet plan starting at roughly 500 calories above maintenence and powering down that much food every day, ensuring I'm gaining roughly 2 pounds per week. If progress slows eat more. For pure supplements...

1. A high-quality Whey/Casein blend
2. Fish oil caps
3. Flaxseed, ground
4. Purest Creatine Monohydrate - no sugary crap, the purest you can get. Take a tsp a day.
5. ZMA to get to sleep. Sleep = muscle. Period.

That's where you should spend your money. Now turn AWAY from the GNC and head across the street to your local farmer's market (ideal) or grocery store.

Back