Madeline Albright slams Bernie Sanders for lack of knowledge on foreign policy-

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by SouthoftheAndes, Feb 7, 2016.

1. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...reign-policy-while-supporting-clinton-n512781

"Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright slammed Bernie Sanders on Saturday, expressing concerns over the Democratic presidential contender's "lack of knowledge" about foreign policy."

"We have to have a president that is ready on Day 1 to deal with problems," Albright told NBC News in an exclusive interview. "I have never seen such a complicated international situation, and we can't afford learning on the job."

"I've been very concerned about his lack of knowledge," she said, citing his answer to a question about which country poses the biggest threat to the U.S. right now.

"I think that he gave very kind of simple answers," she said. "In contrast to Secretary Clinton, who not only talked about what was going on in each of those countries, but also [spoke about] the other concerns about it, and the relationship to each other, and what the United States had to look out for."

Says a lot I must say. Soon we might see many former and current leading officials (patriots) who are in the 'know' coming out and voicing their opinion on who is the most educated, prepared, and knowledgeable.

2. Albright, now a professor of international relations at Georgetown University and chair of Albright Stonebridge Group, a D.C.-based diplomacy firm, told NBC News that she felt that Sanders simply doesn't know enough about foreign issues to be president.

"One of my students just tweeted and said if he were in my class, I would tell him to rewrite the paper," she said.

LOL

3. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

Are you sure she slammed him instead of ripping or blasting?

4. No Logic Needed Mate

No Logic Needed Mate Orion's Belt Double Yellow Card

Yeah that is a real concern, because all those previous presidents did such a great job with their foreign policy.

5. World is a little more dangerous than you think it is and complex. Bush jr aside we should expect/hope that a person running for president would be able to pass a college paper on foreign policy without having it handed back.

6. Prefect

Prefect Brown Belt

Yeah, like the president doesn't surround him or herself with people that know more about a specific topic.

7. Fawlty

Fawlty Yellow Card Yellow Card

Albright didn't actually say anything if you read her quotes. Baseless assertion. Much better for Clinton supporters to compare experience, not aptitude.

8. Read again

9. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

I just read an article about Albright supporting Hillary and slamming Sanders and this convinces me even that Hillary is the wrong Dem candidate.

Albright is one of the most evil persons ever, up their with famous genocidal leaders in history.

-
    Albright is an interventionist, an imperialist who is pro war for the benefit of Western elites.

ocean size and Kafir-kun like this.
  10. Lustercross

Lustercross Brown Belt

Hillary is a war hawk.

LuchaBear likes this.
  11. Gandhi

Gandhi War Room Deep State Platinum Member

Albright is correct but has as obv bias. There is also the question of whose doctrine is more correct. I am not as isolationist as Bernie but I can sympathize, if I was sure his was the right approach I would go with him, experience be damned.

12. Fawlty

Fawlty Yellow Card Yellow Card

What she is saying to me is that Bernie will be unable to learn on the job and address the dynamics around the globe. There is nothing to support that claim- it's pure fortune-telling. Supporters should stand pat on her experience, and not overextend to try to make Sanders- who is a very sharp guy- out to be incompetent.

13. LucasWithLidOff

LucasWithLidOff Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Albright has a lot of innocent Serbian blood on her hands and should stfu.

14. No Logic Needed Mate

Lol, I think you over estimate how much control a president actually has. Well, I know you do.

15. No Logic Needed Mate

This.

16. [​IMG]

Come on really man? "western elites"

Anymore than Bernie? Bernie votes to support funding for military operations, supports drone strikes, and according to the anti-Israel crowd he is not "anti-Israel" enough. Not to mention Libya. I don't knock Bernie for these things as they were the right call in my opinion. But I don't understand this new definition of "war-hawk". Sanders and Clinton are essentially advocating for the same things in the Middle East. Hillary has not come out wanting to Bomb Iran or nuke Syria.

17. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

She also said that there is a special place in Hell for women that don't support other women. lol

phillys-finest likes this.
  18. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

Actually he's correct. She gave no specifics; unless you have an additional source where she makes specific criticism about specific things he said to explicate why they are such crude, "simple" answers. So, unless she does that, I'm going to assume she's supporting Hillary because Bill Clinton vaulted her to power two decades ago. Perhaps that's a more reasonable explanation for her position in the absence of any substantial commentary or criticism.

Utterly toothless.

19. Tobacco

Tobacco --------------------------------------------------

She did align with Muslim terrorists to bomb Christians and got the head cutters of terrorist organization lists.

This all sucks. Can't vote for Hillary. Don't think I can vote for Rubio either as he now comes across to me as the Republican equivalent..

Trump is actually looking like a viable candidate. SMH/FML.

20. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

Nailed IT:

Former secretary of state Madeleine Albright introduced Hillary Clinton at an event
    in New Hampshire on Saturday, telling the crowd and voters in general: “There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other!”

Both campaigns were in New Hampshire on Saturday, ahead of Tuesday’s primary. Introducing Clinton in Concord, Albright said: “When she was secretary of state, she restored America’s reputation.

“Those other people before made huge mistakes. They really undermined our reputation and our position in the world, and Hillary Clinton brought us back, she restored our position in the world

“People are talking about revolution. What kind of a revolution would it be to have the first woman president of the United States?”

“Young women have to support Hillary Clinton. The story is not over!” she said. “They’re going to want to push us back. Appointments to the supreme court make all the difference.

“It’s not done and you have to help. Hillary Clinton will always be there for you. And just remember, there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/06/madeleine-albright-campaigns-for-hillary-clinton