Made my UFC coaching debut

right hand lead

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yesterday I made my UFC coaching debut... Unfortunately we didnt get the victory, but was a great experience. My guy who I’ve trained from the ground up, was preparing for a Dana White Contender Series fight and with 9 days out got offered a fight on the Munoz vs Edgar card. Fight was mainly all standup and we definitely loss (tho it was a close 3rd round).

So also unfortunately I am 0-3 on the big stage (DWCS & PFL). Pretty frustrating 8 years into the coaching pros and no victories on the big shows yet. Gonna keep growing as a coach tho!

Yesterday I made my UFC coaching debut... Unfortunately we didnt get the victory, but was a great experience. My guy who I’ve trained from the ground up, was preparing for a Dana White Contender Series fight and with 9 days out got offered a fight on the Munoz vs Edgar card. Fight was mainly all standup and we definitely loss (tho it was a close 3rd round).

So also unfortunately I am 0-3 on the big stage (DWCS & PFL). Pretty frustrating 8 years into the coaching pros and no victories on the big shows yet. Gonna keep growing as a coach tho!
Give the Edmund level cornering, that's when you will start to shine

was this your kid from Alaska?
Either way, congrats man! It’s hard breaking into the big stage, and when you do it’s often to be fed to a real tough mother fucker. They aren’t an absolute A side, B side match up but it’s definitely a huge step up.

was this your kid from Alaska?
Either way, congrats man! It’s hard breaking into the big stage, and when you do it’s often to be fed to a real tough mother fucker. They aren’t an absolute A side, B side match up but it’s definitely a huge step up.

yeah my guy is from Alaska. You catch the prelims on Saturday?

Keep at it man! Im sure you will improve!!

0-3, huh?

That's not too bad. At least you're getting your guys onto the bigger cards now which is a hell of a lot more than most guys can say. Don't get discouraged. I'm sure you & one of your fighters will have a breakthrough moment someday soon.

I know coach Colin Oyama through my wife ( she was a PT & medical tech who used to treat all of his fighters ) & if I'm not mistaken it took him a while to coach his first winner in the UFC as well. So just keep preparing your fighters & you'll wind up with a winner eventually.

Peace.

It’s hard because you get your guy to that level and the UFC or Bellator will try and send them in there against killers, often on short notice. They know guys are desperate to break through and saying no now will be remembered down the road. All you can do is accept the call and argue for that two fight contract

Were you coaching Minus my guy?

One of my teammates is fighting on the DWCS tomorrow. This is the first time anyone from our gym is fighting in the UFC (I know it’s not technically the UFC but you know what I mean) it’s gonna be surreal seeing him and coaches on there. We have been around a long time in MD but none have fought for the UFC yet so it’s an exciting time for our team.

Like others said I’m sure over time you’ll see better results. It seems like these opportunities do a lot for the gym from a morale perspective for the guys currently training, and will bring more notoriety to the gym which would bring more talent.

Congrats on accomplishing more than most coaches ever will...keep at it..

One of my teammates is fighting on the DWCS tomorrow. This is the first time anyone from our gym is fighting in the UFC (I know it’s not technically the UFC but you know what I mean) it’s gonna be surreal seeing him and coaches on there. We have been around a long time in MD but none have fought for the UFC yet so it’s an exciting time for our team.

Like others said I’m sure over time you’ll see better results. It seems like these opportunities do a lot for the gym from a morale perspective for the guys currently training, and will bring more notoriety to the gym which would bring more talent.
Howd your guy end up doing?!

Howd your guy end up doing?!

He won via decision, but didn't get the contract :( Dana said he wants to invite him to do another DWCS fight in November (which is kind of weird because I think the season ends in a few weeks? maybe it'll be a special episode with returning fighters).

He won via decision, but didn't get the contract :( Dana said he wants to invite him to do another DWCS fight in November (which is kind of weird because I think the season ends in a few weeks? maybe it'll be a special episode with returning fighters).
Awesome! But yeah i believe a few episodes will be put on hold! They gonna save the last 2 or 3 episodes for November (what i heard)

good luck to your dude

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back