Made in USA Fightgear

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by xtreme1227, Aug 26, 2010.

1. xtreme1227

xtreme1227 White Belt

So lately I have been on a kick to try and buy american made products, and if you do your fair share of reasearch, it is possible to do so (Mostly online specialty stores [For a price]). But it got me thinking, are there any companies that make mma/bjj clothing/gear in the US (Or at least a non "third world counrty") I know alot of GI's are made in Brazil, and I belive my Koral shorts are as well, and alot of MMA shirts are made in US. But I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies that have addopted this business practice?

2. Stratamagnus

Stratamagnus Blue Belt

I'm going to hope that American Stand Up produces their products in the US. They sell everything just about, including gis.

AMERICA!

3. ruptureclothing

ruptureclothing White Belt

Us. We have NEVER EVER EVER made anything overseas, and we never will. It's actually part of our mission statement and something we're extremely proud of. Our informal tagline is A Genuine American Brand.

FWIW, most companies with American "anything" in their name have their products made overseas, which bugs the utter crap out of me. I won't name names, but you can throw a dart and hit one.

4. jarigga1

jarigga1 White Belt

in my older age I have started trying to support as much locally made products as possible, and its hard, especially with how cheap overseas products are compared to North American products.

As for my research if I cant find where a company makes a product on the website I will call their office and ask. Most of the time they play coy and whisper made in china, japan, turkey, pakistan, etc. I have no problem with where they make them just my personal decision not to buy.

I know that my Clinch Gear shorts are Made in Mexico and they advertise made in North America so I buy them. Rupture as stated is made in America. Vulkan Gi's are made in Brazil.

To be honest though I do buy some overseas things just because of sales and prices, every piece of Underarmour I own is made outside North America, and the majority of my grappling shorts are made overseas.

These are the only ones I know of because they are what I have purchased, but if anyone knows other companies I would love to see them, just so I could have a bigger variety of what companies I could purchase from. thanks. J.R.

5. chokeingvictim

chokeingvictim Brown Belt

90% of mma and boxing equipment is made in pakistan

gloves made in mexico and thailand cost more since they have a smaller share of the market

6. xtreme1227

xtreme1227 White Belt

Yeah, I heard that about Pakistan too once before from my instructor... I thought that was kind of weird that it was Pakistan as opposed to China

7. risingD

risingD Guest

I have also seen many shorts made in mexico and t-shirts

8. Stratamagnus

Stratamagnus Blue Belt

Rupture seems to be the new hotness in MMA.