Economy ~ Made In America ~ [US Shale Juggernaut Stomping OPEC + MFG's Biggest Annual Job Gain In 20 Years]

Jerbs.png

#Jerbs

Last edited:
FYI, one does not need to be a conservative to admire him. He was a great odds with Christopher Hitchens on almost all topics yet had him on his show many times, they became friends and Hitch came on his last show to give him a great sendoff. Buckley took on many arguments just so it was represented by someone and had the ability to argue against his own beliefs. In his long career he made one mistake, many call it massive...he allowed someone to piss him off and he made a comment, calling the man a queer, a thing that haunted him for decades and people use that to undermine his points and person-hood...even though one of his greatest interviews was with Allen Ginsberg (who was gay) a man he disagreed with greatly, yet admire greatly. You can even see his admiration of him when he goes way off script and reads poems and wants to sing his responses. It truly is, a sign of a good person, that can do things like this especially today with so much intolerance for different views.

But yes, his show has some great debates. Have you seen any of the ones after he retired? Just not the same. He made those debates great.

No doubt, man. I enjoy civil, educated discussion with "the other side" wherever it's there to be found; prefer trying to find common ground and build together towards goals when possible. I'm very familiar with Ginsberg - and Ginsburg - it's a prolific* (bastard autocorrect) surname that. Firing Line was undoubtedly a cultural jewel although I haven't seen the new rendition with Herbert Hoover's great grand daughter. It apparently just started this past Summer?

s0250.gif
s0250.gif
Okay, alright, I'm a FAN now. Am actually bisexual too, but greatness is greatness. It's the F-word slur (in full) that I fucking hate although it's censored on this forum and I've amusingly had posts of mine removed by the mods for using it even in images. This for example:

https://www.upload.ee/image/3330405/1359144854001.png

^^ Based on political compass results:

chart

3SwhsmU.png

lol

That's great. Hope they spend it well.

57bf61f806bb3.image.jpg

Last edited:
No doubt, man. I enjoy civil, educated discussion with "the other side" wherever it's there to be found; prefer trying to find common ground and build together towards goals when possible. I'm very familiar with Ginsberg (and Ginsburg), it's a profile surname that. Firing Line was undoubtedly a cultural jewel although I haven't seen the new rendition with Herbert Hoover's great granddaughter? It apparently just started up again this past Summer.

s0250.gif
s0250.gif
Okay, alright, I'm a FAN now. Am actually bisexual too, but greatness is greatness. It's the F-word slur (in full) that I fucking hate although it's censored on this forum and I've amusingly had posts of mine removed by the mods for using it even in images. This for example:

chart

3SwhsmU.png

lol

57bf61f806bb3.image.jpg

So good. They are doing some good work there in North Dakota.

Lol btw, your compass looks strangely familiar. This is mine:
chart

So good. They are doing some good work there in North Dakota.

Lol btw, your compass looks strangely familiar. This is mine:
chart

Told you. :)

That's a very sexy compass, Sano.

I have been to a lot of factories and small job shops / OEM suppliers all over the MidWest. A lot of folks think America produces nothing, because on the consumer front they do not notice products with Made in America on them. US manufacturers are global leaders, mostly in industrial Mfg. You barely see any German or Swiss made goods either, but both of them are heavily involved in manufacturing , including the manufacture of capital equipment that the Chinese and others use to make products for everyone. People tend to perceive manufacturing prowess via consumer goods, forgetting how important industrial goods are.

Firing Line was undoubtedly a cultural jewel although I haven't seen the new rendition with Herbert Hoover's great grand daughter. It apparently just started this past Summer?

Yes, just restarted recently. The issue is that she has very little debating history where as Buckley was able to get a show going due to his popularity as a debater. He was so popular he was being invited to European colleges in the 1950s and early 60s to debate others.

FYI, that debate...was made into a docudrama just a few years ago, almost 40 years AFTER it happened and is one of the few things to actually put the entire event into context...those 2 men HATED each other and the political environment basically made it happen.

Yes, just restarted recently. The issue is that she has very little debating history where as Buckley was able to get a show going due to his popularity as a debater. He was so popular he was being invited to European colleges in the 1950s and early 60s to debate others.

FYI, that debate...was made into a docudrama just a few years ago, almost 40 years AFTER it happened and is one of the few things to actually put the entire event into context...those 2 men HATED each other and the political environment basically made it happen.

Damn, I need to put that in my read & watch queue.

That multiplier is lower than I’ve seen in other reports. Also worth mentioning that it varies significantly by industry.

Yeah, the OP Deloitte study itself had it at $1.89.

Delete.

(dead links)

Last edited:
And panamaican somehow manages to make this about race. God you're mental illness is making you predictable.

No doubt, man. I enjoy civil, educated discussion with "the other side" wherever it's there to be found; prefer trying to find common ground and build together towards goals when possible. I'm very familiar with Ginsberg - and Ginsburg - it's a prolific* (bastard autocorrect) surname that. Firing Line was undoubtedly a cultural jewel although I haven't seen the new rendition with Herbert Hoover's great grand daughter. It apparently just started this past Summer?

s0250.gif
s0250.gif

chart

3SwhsmU.png

lol

57bf61f806bb3.image.jpg

I don't know how civil this story is, but it made me laugh.

Chinese Game Site Censors Winnie The Pooh in Kingdom Hearts III

ctkezq3eknxsfoskhqde.jpg

Screenshot: Weibo, Buzz Plus
When Chinese game site A9VG recently covered Kingdom Hearts III, it decided to remove one thing: Winnie the Pooh.

Below is a screenshot of the A9VG coverage that was posted on Weibo, China’s version of Twitter. According to Buzz Plus, to get around censors, it seems, the site decided to edit out Pooh bear.

What gives?

Chinese leader Xi Jinping has been repeatedly compared to Winnie the Pooh, which led to a crackdown of the character on Chinese social media.

https://kotaku.com/chinese-game-site-censors-winne-the-pooh-in-kingdom-hea-1830618072/amp

I actually come from the midwest (North Dakota) and spent the first half of my life there before my dad took a job and moved our family down to Phoenix; I'm the first one to get a university education. I guess you could say we're barefoot farm people compared to the coasts but we aren't bad or stupid people, Pan. :-/ I think the Southern US is a lot worse in those respects, with a lot more racism and bigotry to go around as well.

North Dakota's redness is bemusing because it's a place with the only state-owned bank in the nation, voted overwhelmingly to siphon billions of dollars from the private sector and into public wealth fund coffers from the Bakken energy boom, abolished the death penalty 45 years ago and has been looking at reforms to make its prisons more humane with social programs to further slash recidivism. It already has an incarceration rate about one-third the US average and one of the lowest unemployment rates as well. It's predominantly German / Norwegian stock, and fittingly strives to imitate the latter's contemporary country in a socioeconomic sense.

US News: North Dakota Provides Residents With Best Quality of Life

^ It rated particularly high on metrics such as gdp per capita, natural environment, social environment, infrastructure quality, food security, labor force participation rate, fiscal stability and balance budgeting.

With a population of around 755,000, North Dakota ranks No.1 for the quality of life it provides its residents.

The state's small towns promote a positive social environment in which people are not only supportive of one another, but they are able to engage in their communities and feel that they are making a difference.

"I think something truly special about North Dakota is the way people are invested in it and how they love the state and they love their communities. They express that with their engagement and their commitment to all things they believe in," says North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum.

People want to have a purpose outside of their job, Burgum says, and North Dakota is a place where they can "be part of the community and make a difference."
Burgum is a corrupt moron. That is all.

I don't know how civil this story is, but it made me laugh.

Chinese Game Site Censors Winnie The Pooh in Kingdom Hearts III

ctkezq3eknxsfoskhqde.jpg

Screenshot: Weibo, Buzz Plus
When Chinese game site A9VG recently covered Kingdom Hearts III, it decided to remove one thing: Winnie the Pooh.

Below is a screenshot of the A9VG coverage that was posted on Weibo, China’s version of Twitter. According to Buzz Plus, to get around censors, it seems, the site decided to edit out Pooh bear.

What gives?

Chinese leader Xi Jinping has been repeatedly compared to Winnie the Pooh, which led to a crackdown of the character on Chinese social media.

https://kotaku.com/chinese-game-site-censors-winne-the-pooh-in-kingdom-hea-1830618072/amp

This made me laugh too.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...g-for-most-of-trump-s-trade-war-research-says

President Donald Trump is succeeding in making China pay most of the cost of his trade war.

That’s the conclusion of a new paper from EconPol Europe, a network of researchers in the European Union. U.S. companies and consumers will only pay 4.5 percent more after the nation imposed 25 percent tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods, and the other 20.5 percent toll will fall on Chinese producers, according to authors Benedikt Zoller-Rydzek and Gabriel Felbermayr.

The trade dispute between the U.S. and China is showing slim hope of abating as the leaders of the two nations prepare to meet in Argentina this month. According to Zoller-Rydzek and Felbermayr, the tariffs will do what Trump has longed for: They will cut American imports of affected Chinese goods by more than a third, and lower the bilateral trade deficit by 17 percent.

“Through its strategic choice of Chinese products, the U.S. government was not only able to minimize the negative effects on U.S. consumers and firms, but also to create substantial net welfare gains in the U.S.,” the researchers wrote.

tenor.gif

This made me laugh too.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...g-for-most-of-trump-s-trade-war-research-says

President Donald Trump is succeeding in making China pay most of the cost of his trade war.

That’s the conclusion of a new paper from EconPol Europe, a network of researchers in the European Union. U.S. companies and consumers will only pay 4.5 percent more after the nation imposed 25 percent tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods, and the other 20.5 percent toll will fall on Chinese producers, according to authors Benedikt Zoller-Rydzek and Gabriel Felbermayr.

The trade dispute between the U.S. and China is showing slim hope of abating as the leaders of the two nations prepare to meet in Argentina this month. According to Zoller-Rydzek and Felbermayr, the tariffs will do what Trump has longed for: They will cut American imports of affected Chinese goods by more than a third, and lower the bilateral trade deficit by 17 percent.

“Through its strategic choice of Chinese products, the U.S. government was not only able to minimize the negative effects on U.S. consumers and firms, but also to create substantial net welfare gains in the U.S.,” the researchers wrote.

tenor.gif

Of course. To me this is the same argument, as when people say raising wages to 15$ and hour will result in price increases.

It will slightly. The problem is that in most markets, they become super efficient, and drive competitors out until 2 or 3 remain.

Once they achieve their fuex monopolies, they collude on pricing, and stop competing. Then they charge the most people can afford, before their volume falls to the point a new competitor would arise.

This leads to the outcome that producers can't raise prices. If they do, they lose market share. They are forced to find a more efficient way of doing business. Raising prices isn't really a choice for them, because our capitalist market is no longer functioning because it has been gamed over time.

The quality doesn't compare. I buy all my paints made in America and they're just so much better than those made elsewhere.

For sure, there’s no comparison on say 95% of products...built in USA is a lot better

Back