Economy ~ Made In America ~ [US Shale Juggernaut Stomping OPEC + MFG's Biggest Annual Job Gain In 20 Years]

The entire reason most people speak of the necessity for "good paying" factory jobs in America would be erased if said good paying factory jobs required extensive, hi-tech skill acquisitions.

Nobody likes this thread on either side of the aisle, for different reasons. Just about everyone has been wrong about US manufacturing in one way or another though; too much parroted, misinformed rhetoric.

Did you catch my reply in the McConspiracy thread when you compared Kyrsten to that noob Ocasio-Cortez? She's a 3x elected House rep already and moving up to the Senate. The district Sinema represented here constitutes the university & high-tech business corridor; she won her elections from 2012-2016 with 48.7%, 54.6% and 60.9% of the vote and just flipped a 30-year held red Senate seat.

https://fitzpatrick.house.gov/media...fitzpatrick-sinema-introduce-made-america-act

Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) and Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) introduced legislation this week that would support American manufacturing and incentivize businesses to increase domestic production. The Made in America Act of 2017 [H.R. 3850] creates a voluntary, standardized labeling program that would allow consumers to easily identify the extent to which products are American-made.

“American manufacturing means American jobs. People in my community understand that when they buy American they’re not only buying quality products, they’re helping American businesses – and American workers – in their neighborhoods and across the country,” said Fitzpatrick. “The Made in America Act would connect American consumers to American manufacturers like never before by creating a definitive, standardized definition of American-made goods. I’m grateful for the support of Congresswoman Sinema in working to advance this bipartisan priority.”

“Helping American consumers purchase American-made products is a win-win,” said Sinema. “It’s simple: buying American-made products supports American jobs and gives America consumers what they want. I’ll continue working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to ensure Arizona businesses, manufacturers, and entrepreneurs have the support they need to grow and thrive.”

kyrsten-sinema-gives-her-victory-speech750x422.jpg

You fucking cocktease lol.

I have not no, I was just busting balls in that thread...truthfully I don’t know much about Sinema or her policies, but I’ll look into it like Eddie Bravo. I don’t look at party or affiliations and start with a blank slate when it comes to get to knowing a politician. Thanks for your article

I have not no, I was just busting balls in that thread...truthfully I don’t know much about Sinema or her policies, but I’ll look into it like Eddie Bravo. I don’t look at party or affiliations and start with a black slate when it comes to get to knowing a politician. Thanks for your article

So am I (in that thread), I don't take anything personal or too serious on here. I enjoy the entertainment everyone brings to the format and discussions though. Well, most of the time anyway.

I guess time will tell. I have a cushy equipment and materials manager job at a caulking and waterproofing contractor while I finish my university work (plus a cash-only gig synthesizing GH secretagogues for a gray market lab lol) and business is out of control, new factories and warehouses always popping up left and right.

That's extreme brevity and super-lean, man.

<bball1>

Platinum Direct or The Provider in the War room.

Thanks. Heard of those, at least. Still not sure what the gray market is and what peptides have to do with it.
They aren’t FDA approved for humans and only used for “research” purposes. You’d be better off buying underground HGH than buying peptides imo.

They aren’t FDA approved for humans and only used for “research” purposes. You’d be better off buying underground HGH than buying peptides imo.

Thanks again!

Hey @NoDak, what you got for sale? I wanna bench teh 250. :D

:confused:

fake quote is fake!

Yeah, anyone claiming they're actually superior is full of shit. They're only 'better' in the sense of nil side effects and bang for the buck because even pharma grade HGH is so infamously horrid in that respect, particularly for a substance suited more for general anti-aging purposes and injury recovery than actual 'performance enhancement', lean muscle increase and/or fat burning properties.

Ibutamoren is preferable to the multi-injection GHRP's though IMO because it's a liquid solution with a far longer half-life and like Ipamorelin, it doesn't induce unwanted cortisol or prolactin spikes but it comes to a matter of convenience - it's just easier for most not having to reconstitute, keep refrigerated and pinning multiple times a day, much less having to run something like Mod GRF (1-29) along with it.

It actually had two-year, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, modified-crossover clinical trial done on it, although cortisol did show a bit an increase over that long of a duration. It restored endogenous HGH production to youthful levels on a group of folks ranging from 60-81 years old and was extremely well tolerated on the whole and that's not surprising as HGH secretagogues are obviously NOT HGH and you aren't dealing with supraphysiological hormone levels, only maximizing what your pituitary is naturally capable of producing. Unfortunately the vast majority of UGL HGH is bunk.

Thanks again!

Hey @NoDak, what you got for sale? I wanna bench teh 250. :D

I don't sell it myself, bruv. He took the business offline over the Summer because scummy lawmakers are about to start cracking down but it had a very good reputation. There aren't too many which are PHX area based.

Haha I thought for a moment you were talking about ME comparing Sinema to Cortez. I would never. Cortez is a newb for sure and while I support SOME of her points, she's pretty daft it seems.

Queen Kyrsten's District.

lossless-page1-1024px-Arizona_US_Congressional_District_9_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Tech.png

That's why I think there's a lot of positive stuff going on in specific fields, and that's GOOD. However, the overaching point is that wealth is being distributed the wrong way, buying power is going down for the middle class and climate change (I know i've harped on this minutiae sorry) will change the landscape for the worse.

Peter Gabriel summed up Murican culture and mentality.

THe return of U.S. manufacturing has been known for those who follow this stuff for quite a while. Reshoring in particular has been a great trend for the U.S.

As noted in the OP, it's not a return of 1950's era manufacturing where high school graduates could walk into high paying life long jobs despite having 0 marketable skills. Which is what most Americans are thinking about when they say that we need to bring back manufacturing. And it's what most bottom feeder politicians are suggesting when they rev up the populace on the subject.

Reshoring is taking off but it's not because we suddenly realized we need domestic manufacturing. We're reshoring because automation has finally reached the point where it offsets the cost of shipping and foreign labor. We offshored because the savings between international labor and shipping costs were lower than the cost of American labor. International labor is more expensive. Shipping isn't much cheaper. Technology has finally allowed us to pay American wages to a smaller number of Americans but still get the same productivity as a larger number of international workers.

From a politics perspective, this doesn't help the midwest and the under-educated as much as it helps the college educated.

I would speculate that a big part of the image problem is that very few of the college educated young people who can take those jobs salivate at the idea of moving back to the center of the country and that is the stereotypical location of those jobs.

Yeah, anyone claiming they're actually superior is full of shit. They're only 'better' in the sense of nil side effects and bang for the buck because even pharma grade HGH is so infamously horrid in that respect, particularly for a substance suited more for general anti-aging purposes and injury recovery than actual 'performance enhancement', lean muscle increase and/or fat burning properties.

Ibutamoren is preferable to the multi-injection GHRP's though IMO because it's a liquid solution with a far longer half-life and like Ipamorelin, it doesn't induce unwanted cortisol or prolactin spikes but it comes to a matter of convenience - it's just easier for most not having to reconstitute, keep refrigerated and pinning multiple times a day, much less having to run something like Mod GRF (1-29) along with it.

It actually had two-year, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, modified-crossover clinical trial done on it, although cortisol did show a bit an increase over that long of a duration. It restored endogenous HGH production to youthful levels on a group of folks ranging from 60-81 years old and was extremely well tolerated on the whole and that's not surprising as HGH secretagogues are obviously NOT HGH and you aren't dealing with supraphysiological hormone levels, only maximizing what your pituitary is naturally capable of producing. Unfortunately the vast majority of UGL HGH is bunk.

I don't sell it myself, bruv. He took the business offline over the Summer because scummy lawmakers are about to start cracking down but it had a very good reputation. There aren't too many which are PHX area based.

lossless-page1-1024px-Arizona_US_Congressional_District_9_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Tech.png

:confused:

fake quote is fake!

Tech.png

I’ve never heard of ibutamoren I’ll have to look it up. I’ve always been apprehensive of the peptide industry as i don’t know many people who would shell out the cash to test the purity of Hexarelin whereas many people will test a UGL HGH source to confirm its legit.

Ah MK-677 ok I’ve heard of that.

I’ve never heard of ibutamoren I’ll have to look it up. I’ve always been apprehensive of the peptide industry as i don’t know many people who would shell out the cash to test the purity of Hexarelin whereas many people will test a UGL HGH source to confirm its legit.

Ah MK-677 ok I’ve heard of that.

Just realized I didn't even post the research I was referring to, my bad. It does work anyhow, really strong pulses that you can feel when they're happening.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18981485

THe return of U.S. manufacturing has been known for those who follow this stuff for quite a while. Reshoring in particular has been a great trend for the U.S.

As noted in the OP, it's not a return of 1950's era manufacturing where high school graduates could walk into high paying life long jobs despite having 0 marketable skills. Which is what most Americans are thinking about when they say that we need to bring back manufacturing. And it's what most bottom feeder politicians are suggesting when they rev up the populace on the subject.

Reshoring is taking off but it's not because we suddenly realized we need domestic manufacturing. We're reshoring because automation has finally reached the point where it offsets the cost of shipping and foreign labor. We offshored because the savings between international labor and shipping costs were lower than the cost of American labor. International labor is more expensive. Shipping isn't much cheaper. Technology has finally allowed us to pay American wages to a smaller number of Americans but still get the same productivity as a larger number of international workers.

From a politics perspective, this doesn't help the midwest and the under-educated as much as it helps the college educated.

I would speculate that a big part of the image problem is that very few of the college educated young people who can take those jobs salivate at the idea of moving back to the center of the country and that is the stereotypical location of those jobs.

I guess not all manufacturing work can ever be looked at as necessarily "sexy" but you'd think the gradual transformation of the factory floor (rapidly in some industries) and operating advanced cyber physical systems would add at least some appeal to the job. I have a friend who works for Microchip as a process technician and he finds it really fulfilling.

I guess not all manufacturing work can ever be looked at as necessarily "sexy" but you'd think the gradual transformation of the factory floor (rapidly in some industries) and operating advanced cyber physical systems would add at least some appeal to the job. I have a friend who works for Microchip as a process technician and he finds it really fulfilling.
I'm sure it is fulfilling for those who take the work.

But I think the image problem goes beyond the work itself. It goes to the type of people traditionally associated with the work and the location. If you have the technical training for that work and someone says "Des Moines" vs. Chicago or Charlotte, NC, your first thought is going to be about the life you will be living in those 3 locales, not the work itself.

Especially since the middle of the country has developed a reputation as a place where they look down upon the ivory tower college educated types.

There's another thread on here about how Amazon's choice to locate in NYC and Northern VA just further represents the growing divide in the impression that the coasts vs. the center has when it comes to appealing to the highly trained worker.

I'm not going to comment on if those impressions are true reflections of the people there. I've never lived in the Midwest and anyone I know from there, currently lives on the coasts and prefers it. Those who prefer the Midwest are likely already living there. But the impressions are there and the Midwest needs to find a way to reshape that.

I'm sure it is fulfilling for those who take the work.

But I think the image problem goes beyond the work itself. It goes to the type of people traditionally associated with the work and the location. If you have the technical training for that work and someone says "Des Moines" vs. Chicago or Charlotte, NC, your first thought is going to be about the life you will be living in those 3 locales, not the work itself.

Especially since the middle of the country has developed a reputation as a place where they look down upon the ivory tower college educated types.

There's another thread on here about how Amazon's choice to locate in NYC and Northern VA just further represents the growing divide in the impression that the coasts vs. the center has when it comes to appealing to the highly trained worker.

I'm not going to comment on if those impressions are true reflections of the people there. I've never lived in the Midwest and anyone I know from there, currently lives on the coasts and prefers it. Those who prefer the Midwest are likely already living there. But the impressions are there and the Midwest needs to find a way to reshape that.

I actually come from the midwest (North Dakota) and spent the first half of my life there before my dad took a job and moved our family down to Phoenix; I'm the first one to get a university education. I guess you could say we're barefoot farm people compared to the coasts but we aren't bad or stupid people, Pan. :-/ I think the Southern US is a lot worse in those respects, with a lot more racism and bigotry to go around as well.

North Dakota's redness is bemusing because it's a place with the only state-owned bank in the nation, voted overwhelmingly to siphon billions of dollars from the private sector and into public wealth fund coffers from the Bakken energy boom, abolished the death penalty 45 years ago and has been looking at reforms to make its prisons more humane with social programs to further slash recidivism. It already has an incarceration rate about one-third the US average and one of the lowest unemployment rates as well. It's predominantly German / Norwegian stock, and fittingly strives to imitate the latter's contemporary country in a socioeconomic sense.

US News: North Dakota Provides Residents With Best Quality of Life

^ It rated particularly high on metrics such as gdp per capita, natural environment, social environment, infrastructure quality, food security, labor force participation rate, fiscal stability and balance budgeting.

With a population of around 755,000, North Dakota ranks No.1 for the quality of life it provides its residents.

The state's small towns promote a positive social environment in which people are not only supportive of one another, but they are able to engage in their communities and feel that they are making a difference.

"I think something truly special about North Dakota is the way people are invested in it and how they love the state and they love their communities. They express that with their engagement and their commitment to all things they believe in," says North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum.

People want to have a purpose outside of their job, Burgum says, and North Dakota is a place where they can "be part of the community and make a difference."

Other material on NoDak:

North Dakota's Norway Experiment: Can Humane Prisons Work In America?

Little Sovereign Wealth Fund On The Prairie (From 2014)

North Dakota is enjoying a flood of biblical proportions. Shale-drilling technology has liberated huge quantities of oil from the Bakken shale in the western part of the state. Production has surged from about 100,000 barrels per day in 2007 to nearly one million barrels per day this year - a tenfold increase.

But North Dakota, America’s latest petro-state, is handling its newfound wealth with the kind of modesty you might expect in a land where people live in giant open spaces and at the mercy of nature. Decades of boom and bust in agriculture have forged a culture of thrift, an abhorrence of debt, and a healthy mistrust of high finance.

Alone among the 50 states, North Dakota has a state-owned bank. It never had much of a housing and credit boom, so it never had much of a housing bust. So it’s not surprising the state is taking a conservative approach to its sovereign wealth fund, the North Dakota Legacy Fund...

...When fracking turned the Bakken Shale into Saudi Arabia on the high plains, the trickle of oil revenues turned into a gusher. Eager not to squander the state’s good fortune, North Dakota in 2010 created the state’s Legacy Fund through an amendment to the state constitution. The amendment stipulated that 30 percent of all extraction and production tax revenues collected should flow into the fund.

Further, the money couldn’t be touched for seven years, until 2017—at which point the interest and income generated by the fund would be rolled into the state’s general budget. Money from the principal could only be spent if two-thirds of both houses of the state legislature approved. And no more than 15 percent of the principal could be spent in any two-year period.

As the young fund got on its feet, it followed an extremely conservative investment philosophy: Pretty much all the cash was invested in safe, low-yielding bonds. There were to be no indoor-ski slopes built in Bismarck or 90-story skyscrapers constructed in Fargo. And the team at the North Dakota Investment Board, which also takes care of the state’s pension programs for public employees, didn’t rush to New York to find hedge fund and private equity sharpies.

How's that @Sano? :)

Back