Madden 16

I haven't played 16 yet but that aggravates me on the others too.

DB's and LB's always have ridiculous awareness in football games. No linebacker running towards the receiver would magically sense the ball has been thrown and turn around in time(usually mid-air) to make the int. It seems to happen to me all the time on intermediate routes.

Trading shouldn't be easy. In Madden's past it was ridiculously easy to trade aging veterans for top 3 round draft picks.

This year if you want to rape somebody from their team you've got to make it worth their while. Aged veterans are easier to trade for than young studs. People on the tail end of their contracts are easier to trade for than guys that recently re-signed with their teams. In either case BOTH teams need to benefit from the trade.

All of these games it's easy to find some exploit through trades. Trade some shit ass player for a slightly less shitty player, repeat the process going from team to team until eventually you find yourself with Tom Brady as your new QB and all it took was a 4th string Running Back who didn't even have a picture in his player profile.

Can you download user rosters on 15? If you can I'm just gonna get that instead so i can have the rookies, I might do it anyway and pick up 16 when it's cheaper.

Everyone is Odell and makes 1 handed catches!!!!!

Um... Kiko Alonso made a one handed INT THIS YEAR.... so, the 1 handed catch thing isn't THAT out there. I didn't understand why every commentator jizzed themselves over Beckham's catch last year when I know for a fact I have seen:
-Brandon Marshall
-Jordy Nelson
-Randy Moss
-Gronk
-Greg Jennings

All make a catch like that just to name a few.

Any chance 2K Sports ever gets to make an NFL game again? Like, do Madden's exclusive rights run out at some point?

I think EA still has the option to renew the license which I am sure they will. 2K pretty much put the EA NBA Live franchise and their modern gen reboot out of business, solely by being a vastly superior game. I'm sure EA won't risk it again.

It will be very hard for any company to come in and build a game from scratch, while Madden has had like like 10+ years of using the same engine and tweaking it slightly, still buggy but they got a pretty big head start and the name alone. It will take 2K a couple years to get up to speed and even then only the handful of 2K players are going to buy the initial versions. The sales and staying afloat those first couple of years will be their biggest risk.

Saw this review online in case anyone is interested...
[Yt]vRyFa_AEndk[/MEDIA]

Good review, definitely not getting this.

It looks exactly like the last one man, which looked just like the last one.

Doubt I'm getting the new 2k either.

anyone try franchise mode after the patch dropped? trying to see if there is a real difference between pre patch and post patch, mainly on how players progress

All of these games it's easy to find some exploit through trades. Trade some shit ass player for a slightly less shitty player, repeat the process going from team to team until eventually you find yourself with Tom Brady as your new QB and all it took was a 4th string Running Back who didn't even have a picture in his player profile.

I've never owned Madden before. For Madden 16, is there a single play career mode thats just Player vs CPU for the whole season until the Super Bowl? If so, is this where you can trade for other players?

I want to get as many big name players as I can onto my team.

Madden games have been garbage since PS3/360 came out. The PS2/xbox years actually have all of the same franchise features that the current games advertise as "new."

Being big into franchise, I was pretty butthurt when they stripped down my favorite game mode on next gen almost ten years ago.

anyone try franchise mode after the patch dropped? trying to see if there is a real difference between pre patch and post patch, mainly on how players progress

My Madden freezes 4 times out of 5 when exiting the game in franchise mode and doesn't save results forcing me to replay the same game over and over until it does save.

I think EA still has the option to renew the license which I am sure they will. 2K pretty much put the EA NBA Live franchise and their modern gen reboot out of business, solely by being a vastly superior game. I'm sure EA won't risk it again.

It will be very hard for any company to come in and build a game from scratch, while Madden has had like like 10+ years of using the same engine and tweaking it slightly, still buggy but they got a pretty big head start and the name alone. It will take 2K a couple years to get up to speed and even then only the handful of 2K players are going to buy the initial versions. The sales and staying afloat those first couple of years will be their biggest risk.

That pisses me off. NFL 2K5 has better controls than Madden 16. If you had modern graphics and a modern roster and presentation, NFL 2K5 would beat the shit out of Madden 16.

Draft Champions looks fun. Everyone gets an equal chance at picking their team instead of people just spending thousands on their MUT teams.

Um... Kiko Alonso made a one handed INT THIS YEAR.... so, the 1 handed catch thing isn't THAT out there. I didn't understand why every commentator jizzed themselves over Beckham's catch last year when I know for a fact I have seen:
-Brandon Marshall
-Jordy Nelson
-Randy Moss
-Gronk
-Greg Jennings

All make a catch like that just to name a few.

I only mention Odell's name because that's THEIR big push, using him as if he's the greatest receiver ever.

I've never owned Madden before. For Madden 16, is there a single play career mode thats just Player vs CPU for the whole season until the Super Bowl? If so, is this where you can trade for other players?

I want to get as many big name players as I can onto my team.

You can play as an individual player, a coach or an owner vs the CPU in multiple years of a franchise. You can also start by drafting your own fantasy team from the entire nfl roster.

I preordered the game, picked it up at midnight but didn't play it until this morning. It opens up with the Steelers vs the Cardinals in the Superbowl. You are the Steelers and you guide them to victory. So far I've been doing the passing drills and the tackling hit stick drills. Game so far seems good. I'm a football junkie and I miss NCAA College football game so I don't mind Madden so much.

I bought the game and no extra DLC like I did with Batman and Mortal Kombat....

Lol, just so bad.

I thoroughly enjoy having to watch guys get up off the ground and walk over to a huddle or do a retarded dance, so I continue to mash x in hopes that it finally fucking goes to my play selection. I'm a huge fan of watching guys drinking gatorade or dance after making a basic tackle. Then after hitting x it finally accepts your x hits and selects a play for you. I forgot I bought a video game and should just watch football on Sundays.

There needs to be a way to bypass all this stupid shit so you can just play a game.

You can play as an individual player, a coach or an owner vs the CPU in multiple years of a franchise. You can also start by drafting your own fantasy team from the entire nfl roster.

Can you start with an already established team, and then just try and get the players you want from other teams?

It'll be easier that way for me, because a handle of players I want are already on one team.

Can't wait til I get home to play this. The draft is gonna be fun

I went back to 15 , this game is a mess. I am not just talking standard things people bitch about. The game engine runs really sluggishly this year and the passing is more gimmicky than functional, no thanks.

I went 12-4 my first season.

I was able to resign everyone I wanted and let Charles Woodson retire without a fuss.

Are you playing as Owner or Coach?

In my experience Owner mode has been a broken pile of crap for the last 3 years. I used to play nothing but franchise as a created owner, but the last two years I've stuck to playing as a created Coach instead. The type of coach you choose to be effects how your players feel about you.

Owner so that may be the issue.

I went back to 15 , this game is a mess. I am not just talking standard things people bitch about. The game engine runs really sluggishly this year and the passing is more gimmicky than functional, no thanks.

I'll agree with the gimmicky part. I'm selling it, use the money towards BO3/FallOut4, both games I know I'll play and enjoy a lot more than this.

I went 12-4 my first season.

I was able to resign everyone I wanted and let Charles Woodson retire without a fuss.

Are you playing as Owner or Coach?

In my experience Owner mode has been a broken pile of crap for the last 3 years. I used to play nothing but franchise as a created owner, but the last two years I've stuck to playing as a created Coach instead. The type of coach you choose to be effects how your players feel about you.

if you try to re-sign anytime before off season they decline

got to becareful when cosing between Play Ball or Receiver on Defense. I gave up some Big plays already Playing for the Ball.

Just when it's free on ea access.

Haven't played Madden in years. May pick it up this year; have a buddy who works for EA, so it'll only set me back $20.

got to becareful when cosing between Play Ball or Receiver on Defense. I gave up some Big plays already Playing for the Ball.

In years past I never chose a DB....always used a lineman to attack the QB and Stop the run.....I have to do the tutorial to learn how to use a DB now.....still loving the QB passing drills....goal is to get gold in all of them

nah still good with this version and it doesn't look any different

john-madden-football-93-usa-europe.png

image_1.img.jpg

God, I loved Madden 93. I'd be good with an updated sprite Madden, as long as it is as simple as Madden was in the early 90s.

the new draft is fun. I ended up with Eli, Cam Newton and Crabtree. Might trade Eli for a running back.

Can you start with an already established team, and then just try and get the players you want from other teams?

It'll be easier that way for me, because a handle of players I want are already on one team.

You can create your own rosters and play with that.

if you try to re-sign anytime before off season they decline

Negative. I re-sign all my players soon as the regular season starts. I'm in Week 11 in Season 2 of my online CFM with friends and I've resigned all my depth guys, re-signed Latavious Murray to a multi year deal and have decided to not re-sign Marcel Reece since he's getting up there in age and I have Olawale under contract still.

got a dynasty draft going today i think. Buddy and me have been finishing up all the training and we started working the drafting yesterday but it got late so we postponed until today. Will probably go Def first and then beef up that oline for some running lanes.

Been a few years since i played madden so far i'm really enjoying it though.

You can create your own rosters and play with that.

Like with any players and no limitations? Lol, you could literally put the best player at every position on your team. That'd almost be too good. :icon_chee

got a dynasty draft going today i think. Buddy and me have been finishing up all the training and we started working the drafting yesterday but it got late so we postponed until today. Will probably go Def first and then beef up that oline for some running lanes.

Been a few years since i played madden so far i'm really enjoying it though.

Trust me you NEED to take a QB with your first pick or else you will be left with shit at the QB position....

you can buy it on amazon right now for 25 dollars http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W435BU0?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=ab7b4a288ef011e5a018e65625bd1c440000 you can go to walmart if they have price matching. i guess you could do that today and pick it up at walmart. or just order it on amazon and wait for a few days. you have to do it today though.

I must have missed it. Link says $47.

It's ok though. Walmart.com has it for $28. That's only $1 dollar more than what they're offering it for on Black Friday, so I just got it now. Beats having to wait in line and search for it. Now all I need to do there is get the 3 month PSN voucher/card for $10 (limit 5 per customer). So if I get 5, that's 15 months for the price of 12.

Watched about 30 minutes worth of the Draft Champion videos last night. Looks like a lot of fun and gives the game more replay value. Plan on buying just for that.

Like with any players and no limitations? Lol, you could literally put the best player at every position on your team. That'd almost be too good. :icon_chee

You could, but then there wouldn't be much of a challenge. To each their own.

Ultimately you CAN create an entirely fictional league to START with.

Watched about 30 minutes worth of the Draft Champion videos last night. Looks like a lot of fun and gives the game more replay value. Plan on buying just for that.

Draft Champions goal is to get you to play Ultimate Team whose goal is to get you to open your wallet and flood money into EA's pockets while you struggle to hang on to your "virtual cards".

There was a time when the man flooded the streets with crack cocaine. As addictive as it was it was a terrible blow to society. EA is shoving their "crack" down the throats of the consumers pressuring them more and more each year to give in to the pressure and open their wallets to them.

Tread with caution.

You could, but then there wouldn't be much of a challenge. To each their own.

Ultimately you CAN create an entirely fictional league to START with.

I'd rather just take a base team (real NFL team with real roster) and just add the extra players I want to it. I'd be happy with that.

I had a terrible game early today. I went like 5 for 30 in passing. Culter kept over throwing ever freaking pass. It was just awful.

I must have missed it. Link says $47.

It's ok though. Walmart.com has it for $28. That's only $1 dollar more than what they're offering it for on Black Friday, so I just got it now. Beats having to wait in line and search for it. Now all I need to do there is get the 3 month PSN voucher/card for $10 (limit 5 per customer). So if I get 5, that's 15 months for the price of 12.

it must have been for a very short amount of time. i bought it as soon as i saw it. figured i wouldnt get a lower deal than that.

I had a terrible game early today. I went like 5 for 30 in passing. Culter kept over throwing ever freaking pass. It was just awful.

Sounds pretty realistic actually.

That pisses me off. NFL 2K5 has better controls than Madden 16. If you had modern graphics and a modern roster and presentation, NFL 2K5 would beat the shit out of Madden 16.
That year 2k was $20 bucks madden still went head to head in sales. They had finally gotten a nice balance of game play and presentation, but ea will always get sales on madden no matter how good or bad it is.

As for ea NBA I'm thinking they mess up on purpose or just suck, how does the jesus glitch make it in a few years worth of games.

Back