Madden 16

http://doritosmadden16.com/

Does that promotion still run over there? I'd like to get a free Elite player. Lol.
I don't live in the US and they don't have that stuff here.

This game is $27 at Walmart on Black Friday. Is it worth $27 bucks?

nah still good with this version and it doesn't look any different

john-madden-football-93-usa-europe.png

image_1.img.jpg

Oh man, I had a hell of a crushing loss in the SB against the Patriots.

I was getting thrashed in the first half and went down 27-3 into halftime. After an energizing and angry pep talk to myself, I managed to go on a tear with Bradford and come back to within 6 with 1:22 left in the game. I burn all my timeouts while holding them to 4th down. I get the ball back with 1:00 left and start my game winning drive to be a SB hero. I'm able to get it back to my own 40 on the punt. After a couple throw aways and a few quick receptions out of bounds, I'm on the 28 with 20 secs left. I run a crossing route to the middle with Matthews and I hit him perfectly on the 5 and then get crushed on the 1 by two safeties. I try to hurry my team to the line to get that last hope play off and I run out of time on the 1 yrd line and lose by 6 to the fucking cheating Patriots.

It was intense as hell and soul crushing.

Exactly that's what cockblocked 2K from making football games. They took the NFL, ESPN and AFL rights. They have had the rights for almost 10 years now, still haven't done shit with it.

NFL 2K5 was freaking amazing! I remember having so much fun with it when it first came out. The controls were WAY better than Madden too. I can only imagine how great an "NFL 2K16" would be. :icon_sad:

Usually there's a ton of info out by now but this year all we have so far is its a playmaker focus and they put together a different type of ad for it.

The mid air collisions on contested passes is gnarly as fuck looking and seeing a guy like Chris Long and JJ Watt just CRUSH a QB on a sack is so painful looking.

This game is $27 at Walmart on Black Friday. Is it worth $27 bucks?

Madden 15 is cheaper and much less of a mess, is actually free on EA Access. 16 is the worse Madden in the last 5 years easily.

Yeah, I love the new tackle animations they added. It gets a little hairy when sending your receivers up in the air for the big catch. The most satisfying hit I have had so far is blindsiding Brady with Fletcher Cox, flattening him and causing the fumble.

I knocked him out of the game in the first with a bruised sternum. It was great.

Madden 15 is cheaper and much less of a mess, is actually free on EA Access. 16 is the worse Madden in the last 5 years easily.

Ah man, really? I wonder why it's so bad? I was looking at reviews for it and ign was saying it was really good. So I was hoping it'd be worth that price drop. But then I've heard more people than just you say how you didnt like it.

Ill be getting it likely, but I feel like the Career Mode has been an absolute sham every year, for years now its the same mode with a couple of different variations, even the layout is the same.

Its very PS2 area.. no real story, no cut scenes, absolutely nothing cinematic about it.

Just articles really. Very poor effort on all of the EA sports games.

While the 2K series has some cheesy ass cut scenes in its career mode, it feels so much more immersive than this.

I'm on ps4, if anyone is up for online games I'm in. I don't play in that annoying must exploit the game to win type way. If I lose I lose lol.

15 was glitches galore and constant freezing, 16 is the first madden in 3 years I can play and not worry about the game locking up on the menu or in game. It's not perfect, unfortunately won't fully be til they get competition .

What I wanna know is when they are gonna put that ESPN license to full on use. They lack in the presentation area each year with the ESPN license right in their lap.

I don't usually play online but I'm up to trying it out against some fellow Sherdogger's.

My tag is JaPaNeStEeL1

15 was glitches galore and constant freezing, 16 is the first madden in 3 years I can play and not worry about the game locking up on the menu or in game. It's not perfect, unfortunately won't fully be til they get competition .

Any chance 2K Sports ever gets to make an NFL game again? Like, do Madden's exclusive rights run out at some point?

I just got a PS4 last weekend but have yet to get PS+. I'm gonna snag Madden 16 this weekend and would like to play some others too.

I'll add my tag when I get the game and +. Like someone else said, I just play the game. I'm not great, but I don't do all kinda crazy shit like a real life Peyton Manning audibling and doing insane stuff.

Negative.

Madden 16 is by far the best Madden in years. That's not saying much since Madden has been garbage for years, but it is the best of the bunch and well worth $27.

It's been a while since I've had a Madden, I'm pretty excited even tho the game usually isn't all that great.

been off of it for the past few days, last game i played i broke the single season rushing record going into the playoffs. then the game decided i had far too much good things going for me so i ended up not just losing my starting HB (gurley), i lost his backup (blue), and his backup(storm johnson).

so i'm going into the playoffs with 2 off the waiver wire hbs, my 3rd string qb and a partially injured def. if i make it to the superbowl i know my buddy (connected franchise) is just going to murder my squad

Negative.

Madden 16 is by far the best Madden in years. That's not saying much since Madden has been garbage for years, but it is the best of the bunch and well worth $27.

Sweet. Now, hopefully Walmart doesn't run out of copies before I get there. I have two other places I'm going first.

What I wanna know is when they are gonna put that ESPN license to full on use. They lack in the presentation area each year with the ESPN license right in their lap.

ughh no

They already spend way too much time/money on stupid ass td celebration animations etc instead of innovating their gameplay.

maddens been ass for years but because it has the monopoly in NFL gets gobbled up my dumb consumers.

stop buying this game

been off of it for the past few days, last game i played i broke the single season rushing record going into the playoffs. then the game decided i had far too much good things going for me so i ended up not just losing my starting HB (gurley), i lost his backup (blue), and his backup(storm johnson).

so i'm going into the playoffs with 2 off the waiver wire hbs, my 3rd string qb and a partially injured def. if i make it to the superbowl i know my buddy (connected franchise) is just going to murder my squad

holy shit thats some bad hits.

Sweet. Now, hopefully Walmart doesn't run out of copies before I get there. I have two other places I'm going first.
One year I waited in line for a couple hours, came back in the morning to see what was left and sure enough there was copies of the games I waited for still there lol, wasted my time.

ughh no

They already spend way too much time/money on stupid ass td celebration animations etc instead of innovating their gameplay.

maddens been ass for years but because it has the monopoly in NFL gets gobbled up my dumb consumers.

stop buying this game

What extra money would that take? They already own all of the ESPN licensed stuff.

Had a guy in my online CFM play a game against the Redskins; Cousins, RG3 and McCoy were all injured and the Redskins played their Punter at QB.

Best sports game of the year!

its so funny. every year someone will proclaim this to be the worst madden in years! while others will say this is the best madden in years!
you can order it on amazon now and just claim the price match. of course you have to buy it at the price they are selling it and show them the ad where it says 27 dollars online.

So who would be down for a franchise or a tournament? I doubt many people will visit this thread, but I'd set up everything if we had at least 4 people for a franchise and at least 6 or 8 for a small tourney

It is far FAR too difficult to resign players at the end of a year

Basically have to give them the max bonus allowed.

So who would be down for a franchise or a tournament? I doubt many people will visit this thread, but I'd set up everything if we had at least 4 people for a franchise and at least 6 or 8 for a small tourney

What's the franchise mode? Do we use our MUT team?

I'm in for either man

Lot of differences between this and 15. Might need to get it free with SI.

Nah Connected Franchise is just the career mode

It is far FAR too difficult to resign players at the end of a year

Basically have to give them the max bonus allowed.
Pretty easy if you have wins after the year, heck I signed Josh Gordon at like 2 mil for 1 year.

Saw this review online in case anyone is interested...
[Yt]vRyFa_AEndk[/MEDIA]

Seriously? I went undefeated and assholes didn't want to sign

Trading is a pain in the ass. Im offering you highly ranked players and you want that and more on top for a semi ranked player?! Then you see some of the bs ai to ai trades and it leaves you scratching your head

Just really started playing now that I've been sick with the flu, I'm so bad at this game passing and on defense. Receivers drop passes all the time and Ive thrown 8 ints in 3 games, 4 of those from the receiver letting it bounce off his hands.

Seriously? I went undefeated and assholes didn't want to sign

I went 12-4 my first season.

I was able to resign everyone I wanted and let Charles Woodson retire without a fuss.

Are you playing as Owner or Coach?

In my experience Owner mode has been a broken pile of crap for the last 3 years. I used to play nothing but franchise as a created owner, but the last two years I've stuck to playing as a created Coach instead. The type of coach you choose to be effects how your players feel about you.

Just really started playing now that I've been sick with the flu, I'm so bad at this game passing and on defense. Receivers drop passes all the time and Ive thrown 8 ints in 3 games, 4 of those from the receiver letting it bounce off his hands.

skills trainer

its so funny. every year someone will proclaim this to be the worst madden in years! while others will say this is the best madden in years!

you can order it on amazon now and just claim the price match. of course you have to buy it at the price they are selling it and show them the ad where it says 27 dollars online.

I think I'm gonna try that. I've never done it before with Amazon. How do I contact them?

i'll be grabbing it this year, buddy wants to do a dynasty thing so figured why not.

I'm pretty close to sellin the game because I just don't enjoy it like I did Madden 14 on PS3. I just got a PS4 and bought this game too and I just think it sucks. The run game literally reminds me of Joe Montana football from like 20 years ago.

The passing is tough, and yeah, I get you can do skills trainer, but really? For a game whose controls have been the same for how many years? I throw a pass to a guy rolling out towards the sideline, I even hit the joystick to throw it even further away from defender, but the following defender (close to 2 yds behind my guy) floats in front for the pick?

The whole goofy jump up and make crazy catches is dumb. When that's your main push, I already should've known better. Now I don't mean I wish I never bought it, but I wish I waited and didn't blow 60 on it.

Now I play on all-pro, because pro is just too easy, but I've played all-pro and have done just fine. This game, can't at all. Sure, I could be horrific at the game, and that's fine, but ultimately I'm saying I'm not having fun.

I'm playing against Peyton Manning who is calling his own number and running with the ball if you need a small taste of how retarded this shit is. Watch out for that realism! Everyone is Odell and makes 1 handed catches!!!!!

The trading I agree with as being difficult. It's more about need and picks than anything, I can't get a successful trade for anyone rated over 80. Even 70s is tough to work a deal not involving picks.

As in the thread I made gonna finally get a console so probably get the xbone bundle with madden 16. Haven't played since 08 and know EA is never going to bring football back to the PC.

I'm pretty close to sellin the game because I just don't enjoy it like I did Madden 14 on PS3. I just got a PS4 and bought this game too and I just think it sucks. The run game literally reminds me of Joe Montana football from like 20 years ago.

The passing is tough, and yeah, I get you can do skills trainer, but really? For a game whose controls have been the same for how many years? I throw a pass to a guy rolling out towards the sideline, I even hit the joystick to throw it even further away from defender, but the following defender (close to 2 yds behind my guy) floats in front for the pick?

The whole goofy jump up and make crazy catches is dumb. When that's your main push, I already should've known better. Now I don't mean I wish I never bought it, but I wish I waited and didn't blow 60 on it.

Now I play on all-pro, because pro is just too easy, but I've played all-pro and have done just fine. This game, can't at all. Sure, I could be horrific at the game, and that's fine, but ultimately I'm saying I'm not having fun.

I'm playing against Peyton Manning who is calling his own number and running with the ball if you need a small taste of how retarded this shit is. Watch out for that realism! Everyone is Odell and makes 1 handed catches!!!!!

I haven't played 16 yet but that aggravates me on the others too.

Trading shouldn't be easy. In Madden's past it was ridiculously easy to trade aging veterans for top 3 round draft picks.

This year if you want to rape somebody from their team you've got to make it worth their while. Aged veterans are easier to trade for than young studs. People on the tail end of their contracts are easier to trade for than guys that recently re-signed with their teams. In either case BOTH teams need to benefit from the trade.

I can't remember the last Madden game I bought. What the fuck happened to the game and all the hype and tournaments that came along with it? Did it just peter out?

I got Madden for free with my PS4 purchase. I haven't played since 08 -- I can't believe they still haven't brought the "create a play" feature back. I used to stay up all night making plays and kicking ass instead of using the boring typical plays already in the game. Other than that, the game is fun but minimally changed from previous iterations. If you got last year's, I recommend waiting a year or 3.

Very true, too many stacking the team with one sided trades. I actually like that this game finally makes me think, I find myself deep in thought during the draft lol, draft this guy or trade down and roll the dice on a couple possible gems.

Back