MacroVat™ and my overall diet

Monte Moku

Amateur Kickboxer
@purple
Reaction score
Hello, in my efforts to clean up my eating and meal prep more often, I figured I would share a meal that has been really easy to make and makes me feel great. My friend jokingly called it MacroVat, and I kinda dug the name so I decided to stick with that. It's a bunch of stuff and I usually eyeball my measurements, so adjust as needed!

Ingredients:
One can of black beans (drained and rinsed), one can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), corn*, green beans*, peas*, carrots*, 1/3 - 1/4 of a yellow onion, three red potatoes, three yellow potatoes, three habaneros, three jalapenos, two bell peppers (I try to use two that are different colors), fistful of spinach, fistful of lettuce, fistful or two of shiitake mushrooms, one zucchini, fistful of grape tomatoes, one spoon of peanut butter, one lb of chicken

Cook in coconut oil on medium high (cook the chicken first of course)

Spices: ground black pepper, crushed red pepper, creole seasoning, cumin, garlic powder and adobo seasoning

I usually eat it with a bed of brown rice (mixed with quinoa) underneath. Sometimes I add an egg or two if I am especially hungry.

* = came in a bag of frozen, chopped vegetables

What do y'all think? I usually eat two meals a day, so I eat this in the morning and for dinner. Will have an apple or banana if I want a snack, or sometimes a can of tuna or a handful of nuts (cashews and almonds). I am a pretty skinny dude and I would like to build muscle. Admittedly, I am very ignorant to a lot of nutrition knowledge and there's so many competing opinions that I lose motivation to learn very quickly haha. I just wanted to focus on eating veggies and fruits instead of eating fast food and takeout as a start, and although there's a lot of ingredients on that list, I spend a fraction of the money I used to spend on food nowadays. Thank you guys for any and all advice / opinions!

Back