Mackenzie Dern Plans Octagon Return 5 Months After Having Baby

Too soon?

• Total voters
Has she lost a lot of fans?

several in the BJJ community have done it, thats what she is basing this on

Fight 2 Win just had a show here in Dallas, Victoria Antelante beat Audrey Wolfe
she has a 2 or 3 month old baby

Gabby Garcia coming to the UFC?

Too soon. No way your abdomen is up for the potential physical trauma of a fight at that point. It'd be like Brock getting kicked in the diverticulitis all over again.

Seem to remember distance runners having a kid between Olympics was once a thing, swore it gave them some kind of advantage.

She shoulda kept those legs closed and focused on weight management instead cuz I actually got excited to see her compete, and I dont even like wmma. She was kinda like a ghetto female Demian Maia

She should forget this MMA stuff and focus on her natural role as wife and mother.

That goes for the rest of WMMA too.

46517029_1976812615741590_5203054421826600960_n.jpg

Two months shy of giving birth, Mackenzie Dern eyes October UFC return

“I’m sure I’ll still fight this year, I just don’t know the month. I want October so I can get ready as soon as possible. I wanted to fight in the ADCC, but I feel bad asking them now, with the baby still in my belly and all. The tournament will be here in California, in September. We have to see if I’ll have a normal birth or a cesarean one, but my doctors told me I could fight. I almost didn’t gain any weight, my doctor even wants me to put on more weight. This baby got me more motivated than ever.”

. . .

“When people say you can’t, that’s when you want to prove the opposite. They say the kid will take part of my time, but it only motivates me more. You don’t retire just because you’re a mom. It’s about your will. I think I got that from my dad, I grew up watching him fight. I never saw someone quit fighting because they became a parent. Kyra Gracie stopped, but that was her choice. I never thought I would have a kid and then retire. I always pictured in my mind that my kids would watch me fight.”

tumblr_p9ivhkUGWU1rvcjd7o1_500.gif

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...-birth-pregnant-fight-october-womens-mma-news

i'm looking forward to seeing her fight and seeing her translator at the end...to translate for a chick that was born and raised in america..went to school in america...i miss making fun of this fake chick...

Somebody alert the interpreter so he can get it on his calendar.

hahaaha and we thought say jon jones is fake...nothing comes even remotely close to this chick...within a 5 year period, her accent totally changed...how is that possible? unless you're doing it purposely....that is the very definition of being fake.

her giving birth is going to ruin her already over weight body...if she thinks it's tough to lose weight for fights now...wait till she tries and fights in the future...
thats not how it always works
as I posted, several BJJ girls are having babies and coming right back to competition
they have this new found motivation. Thats why Mackenzie got into MMA in the first place, she was bored of winning Jiu Jitsu World Titles, she even went up to Absolute and beat Gabi Garcia

Women have lost weight and gotten in great shape after giving birth...but from what i've heard, it's not easy...you have to be very disciplined. that doesn't sound like dern...she was already having a tough time making weight...even at fight time, she looks soft...so it's going to be very tough for her...

thats not how it always works
as I posted, several BJJ girls are having babies and coming right back to competition
they have this new found motivation. Thats why Mackenzie got into MMA in the first place, she was bored of winning Jiu Jitsu World Titles, she even went up to Absolute and beat Gabi Garcia

oh, i agree, many women can get in their past best shape after giving birth...but, it's not easy to do...from what i've heard...it takes alot of discipline and self control in your diet...that doesn't sound like dern to me...i never followed her in bjj competitions, but in mma, she has a tough time making weight and always looks soft even at fight time....so it might be hard for her going forward.

Back