Macho Man vs Ric Flair - who cut the better promos?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It almost makes me wanna cry how badass wrestling used to be... dude we used to get these every week back in the day. FUCK what happened?

I’d have to go with Rick flair for his promo after the greatest royal rumble of all time alone. Another guy who was a GOAT heel as he was absolutely detestable. I heard bill burr talk about a documentary on him that a really must check out

All time - Flair
Peak - Savage

Best Promos

1. Lawler
2. Ric
3. Rock
4. Austin
5. HHH

It almost makes me wanna cry how badass wrestling used to be... dude we used to get these every week back in the day. FUCK what happened?

Flair, no contest. Best promos of all time imo. Laid the blueprints.

Savage was great but in a more cartoony way.

1. Flair
2. Roddy Piper
3. The Rock
4. Dusty Rhodes
5. Jake Roberts
6. Stone Cold
7. Ted Dibiase
8. Chris Jericho
9. Mick Foley
10. Randy Savage

Honorable Mention: Arn Anderson

The horsemen as a unit had the greatest promos I've ever seen. That was the greatest faction of all times, on the mic and in ring.

Last edited:
Savage is probably my all time favorite wrestler but he leaned more on the over the top character style of promo where Flair delivered in a way that felt a step above everyone else.

Savage is probably my all time favorite wrestler but he leaned more on the over the top character style of promo where Flair delivered in a way that felt a step above everyone else.

Without a doubt. Flair was better at storytelling in his promos. I really miss those promos on the stage from WCW Saturday night.

bros the only answer here is screaming in your face from the cosmic beyond. the great power running through galactic capillaries. DESTROY HOKE KOGAN.

Flair made his promos believable.

Macho Man promos were great but came across as a character not a real person.

Piper nearly started riots with his promos.

Nick Bockwinkel had great promos and teaming him up with Bobby Heenan was genius they played off each other well an it made sense with their personas.

Harley Race cut good promos just like Ric Flair came across as believable.

Last edited:
Two of my favorites but I'd give the edge to Flair.

I don't know...I think it's apples and oranges. Their characters were so different...you have one guy playing the cocky rich dick athlete...and the other is an unhinged nut consumed by jealousy and paranoia just waiting to snap. How you judge the quality of promo is probably going to depend on which character you liked better. Can you honestly say either one didn't effectively portray that character? You could say Flair's character was more real...but that's the nature of the character regardless of who plays it. Could Flair have outdone Macho if they traded gimmicks or vice versa?

They should make pillows for butts

Both equal entertainingment but flair made u belee more so fkaitmr

Back