Machida will dominate Weidman every single round.

His KO power at 185? Lol. He has one KO, over Mark Munoz.

Weidman has 3 MW KOs over relevant opponents: Anderson, Munoz, and Uriah Hall.

Weidman's power is what will make it an early night.

So you just ignore his KO's over bigger guys at LHW? Okay. Fine. Whatever.

But then you totally ignore the fact the Machida is a new MW.

Weidman has won 3 fights by knockout (Over relevant opponents, if you can even call Uriah Hall relevant in 2010, but I'll allow it). 3 out of 11. Less than 30%.

Machida has won 1 fight at MW by knockout. 1 out of 2. He is 50%.

Stats.

If Machida keeps his chin up like he does every fight. Nap incoming.

I don't agree with the TS, but I also don't agree with you. Machida has a great quote about his fighting style. Goes something like this, "You need to catch a fish with big bait". Meaning that he keeps his hands down and chin up to goad his opponent in, then uses his speed and footwork to either maneuver out of the position or capitalize on a mistake.

I am not 100% confident Machida will win, but thinking that he will lose because his chin is up is kind of ridiculous. He has had his chin up in every single fight and very few men have landed flush on him.

Weidman has a ton of ways to win this fight, as does Machida. Its a beautiful stylistic match-up.

Weidman has the wrestling, submission and more than likely power advantage. Machida has the striking, cardio (from what I've seen from Weidman his gas tank is shit) and footwork advantage. Each guy could dominate in the respective category. The TDD and footwork of Machida vs the power and submission skill of Weidman makes for a badass fight.

Davis got Machida down. Weidman can do the same except he will work for a finish. Machida is getting choked out once again.

Davis got Machida down. Weidman can do the same except he will work for a finish. Machida is getting choked out once again.

I remember that Machida got up, but if Machida get down means that he would be choked out ??

I can't believe it.

I remember that Machida got up, but if Machida get down means that he would be choked out ??

I can't believe it.

He got choked versus Jones. Weidman would put him to sleep 10 times faster.

weidman will submit machida. bet on it

machida wins fight, but there's a ton of fights where he fails really dominate any single round and still wins. the thread title is a bit overdone.

i think he'll be a game opponent, but i see weidman winning.

weidman doesn't walk forward dumbly eating shots, he knows how to move. he showed that against anderson of all people.

weidman by decision.

Nah it will be a competive fight but Weidman is a monster. He'll pressure Machida like there is no tomorrow and his intelligence will keep him safe as will his great chin. Machida is a lot more vulnerable than Weidman. I see the first 3 rounds being pretty even and then Weidman getting to Machida in the 4th. I think he gnp's Machida to victory. As for Weidman getting frustrated well he kept his head vs. Anderson so I don't see why he won't do the same against Machida.

Although it is very possible Machida could win this, I honestly believe Weidman will get him out of his comfort zone and not allow him to execute his gameplan. I say Weidman by UD or sub in the third or fourth. Both guys have every skill possible to defeat each other how ever, so I doubt either fighter is a defenite lock to win at this point.

Weidman got power, just like Rampage, Hendo, Mousasi and even Bader, and Machida didn't got KO'ed. He definitely will handle Weidman's power.

Rampage hadn't knocked anybody out since St Swithin's day so I don't think his 'power' meant much in modern MMA by the time he faced Machida. Moose couldn't KO Keith Jardine (although all of his peers did) OSP or a short notice grappler Swede you never heard of.

Chris knocked out Anderson Silva coming off a fantastical elbow KO of Munoz. He's shown impressive timing and power against legitimate peers. Also keep in mind Machida gave away a totally winnable fight with Page because he danced around to a decision loss, and had a universally panned split stinker with Hendo for the same reason.

Elusiveness sent him down to middleweight dropping a fight with a very beatable Phil Davis. So I haven't seen a scenario where 'dealt with power' and it worked out well for him.

I'm a fan of the Dragon, don't get me wrong - but he's had a rich history of losing fights or winning split stinkers when he doesn't want to bother with taking any risks.

chris looked amateur and missed all of them except the last one.

Idiot! He landed the first which prompted Silva to do the wobbly leg thing. Then he landed the very next shot too. Then he missed, then he KTFOd him.

He landed 3 lefts in the space of 5 seconds. Watch the fight again you fool.

rooting for machida but you cant count out weidman. he's that guy who'll find a way to win

I can't wait to bathe in the tears of Macheetah fans. P4P most delusional fans on this site.

I like to watch the guy fight (when he decides to actually engage) but I also don't think he's some invincible ninja. He's gonna keep his distance the majority of this fight but eventually get taken down in the mid/late rounds en route to GnP TKO/KO. Weidmn gets slept on by most people in regards to striking but he's a very patient and defensively sound fighter in his own right. Not to mention he had excellent timing. He has the power advantage in this fight as well imo.

weidman has similar problems for machida as he did for anderson

hes aggressive but he never gets wild. anderson likes to make people frustrated and desperate, so he can pick them apart. weidman never broke form, kept his defense tight and kept doing his thing.

machidas only chance is to pointfight with quick kicks from 5 feet away

Either Chris catches him early or Machida takes the decision when Chris runs out of gas.

Doesn't really matter though as Moussasi is getting that belt from the winner.

Rampage hadn't knocked anybody out since St Swithin's day so I don't think his 'power' meant much in modern MMA by the time he faced Machida.

That didn't stop Machida from running in fear every time Rampage swung at him. He hadn't knocked anybody out because, like Machida, all of his opponents respected his power and either ran from him or spammed takedown attempts for 15-25 minutes. Glover Teixeira was the first to beat him in a while who chose to stand and bang with him.

That fight has absolutely no bearing on Weidman/Machida though. Machida will Machida but Weidman is a totally different animal to Rampage. Weidman via stoppage most likely.

Either Chris catches him early or Machida takes the decision when Chris runs out of gas.

Doesn't really matter though as Moussasi is getting that belt from the winner.

Or Machida loses a UD because he spends too much time feinting and not enough time attacking. It's happened before.

I'm really looking forward to this fight but I am going to be a negative Nancy and predict the fight will be very close because Weidman can't connect on Machida enough and his takedowns are getting stuffed and Machida is throwing lots of feints and kicks that Weidman blocks.

Machida wins a split decision that is controversial becuase Weidman was the aggressor and did land a takedown in the 5th. Weidman gets an immediate rematch but pulls out due to knee injury. Belfort gets KTFO by Machida and now it's officially Machida era 2.0.

Back