Machida will dominate Weidman every single round.

Too good at getting up to his feet? Not exactly. We've seen Machida on the bottom plenty enough times to know that it's a possibility it could happen, especially with someone as big and talented as Chris Weidman. However, I don't think this fight will go to the ground as much as people think it will. I see Weidman trying his best to get Machida up against the cage and not allowing him to move around like he always does. He'll give him a bunch of knees and punch him on the break up. You heard it here first people.

I actually agree TS.

Weidman is an incredible grappler but other than a a lucky suckerpunch and a checked leg kick im not impressed whatsoever with his striking arsenal. I dont see Machida having too much trouble picking Weidman apart for the better part of 5 rounds, then again his KO power @ 185 could make this an even earlier night for Weidman.

go and watch his fight with Munoz again. Weidman's that is. Excellent display of striking and grappling mixed together.

When is the last time Machida has dominated a fight winning all rounds?

I have an inside scoop.

Deep in the jungles of Brazil, Anderson was spotted with Lyoto, who was wearing a frayed white gi and a red headband.

Anderson could be heard talking to Lyoto: "Ahenge me brother. When you fight da Chris...no kick. The kick BAD! Da paaaunch. Paunch da Chris. Chris... he no happeh when da paunch."

His KO power at 185? Lol. He has one KO, over Mark Munoz.

Weidman has 3 MW KOs over relevant opponents: Anderson, Munoz, and Uriah Hall.

Weidman's power is what will make it an early night.

Ur fight analysts wants to make me cry why i still post on sherdog

Fuck Speed, timing , great foot work and the best wrestling base at 185 means that Weidman has as good a chance as any.

Just like he dominated Shogun, Rampage and Davis right?

Weidman is better than all of them. Machida will get embarrassed.

Where you're wrong TS is when you called Weidman slow. You don't catch Anderson Silva on the button twice (Silva vs Weidman I and round 1 of Silva vs Weidman II) when you're slow. That said this is a very interesting fight and I'm not sure what will happen, but tentatively I will predict Weidman by decision

Bookmarked.

Hard to "dominate" when you're constantly feinting with no attack and backpedalling for 4 and a half minutes of the round.

I,hope so nothing against Chris I'm just a big fan of machida. Although eventually I would like to see Jacare as champ at middle weight

Just like how Silva was going to dominate Weidman every single round right?

Wonder what your excuse will be when Machida gets choked unconscious.

I actually agree TS.

Weidman is an incredible grappler but other than a a lucky suckerpunch and a checked leg kick im not impressed whatsoever with his striking arsenal. I dont see Machida having too much trouble picking Weidman apart for the better part of 5 rounds, then again his KO power @ 185 could make this an even earlier night for Weidman.

Agreed, but Weidman nuthuggers won't. There will be many butthurts the next day.

Just like how Silva was going to dominate Weidman every single round right?

Wonder what your excuse will be when Machida gets choked unconscious.

I wonder what would be yours if Machida beat and dominate every single round of that fight. Machida isn't the type of fighter that make excuses anyways.

Bookmarked.

Hard to "dominate" when you're constantly feinting with no attack and backpedalling for 4 and a half minutes of the round.

Maybe is just yours perspective but, Machida dominate Hendo and Moose clearly by doing what you just mention. Not to mention that he finished fight also.

go and watch his fight with Munoz again. Weidman's that is. Excellent display of striking and grappling mixed together.

Against Munoz... Would be excellent if he displays that against Lyoto. And until then, not buy it.

All of his wins matter because they put him in a position to find a way to beat Anderson Silva .... twice

Yep, and that will be the only thing that he will be remembered. Top dogs will owned him and Machida will go first.

His KO power at 185? Lol. He has one KO, over Mark Munoz.

Weidman has 3 MW KOs over relevant opponents: Anderson, Munoz, and Uriah Hall.

Weidman's power is what will make it an early night.

Weidman got power, just like Rampage, Hendo, Mousasi and even Bader, and Machida didn't got KO'ed. He definitely will handle Weidman's power.

Back