Machida vs Rockhold targeted for UFC on FOX 15

I'm not sure if Machida can defeat Rockhold I'm going to go with Rockhold on this one.

2hnsy0n.jpg

love it

Rockhold needs to dye hair blonde a bit

Such a higher level matchup than jacare/sog imo. If Rockhard wins I would say he absolutely deserves the shitle tot. If Machida wins it's sticky because of how recently he fought and lost to the champ. It's a fight I want to see again, but not yet. I hate when rematches are that close together.

Double-standards for titleshots? No thanks.

Either winner gets a titleshot, or no one does.

Double-standards for titleshots? No thanks.

Either winner gets a titleshot, or no one does.

And then you end up with Cain/JDS 9, and Cain defends against nobody else. JDS is likely to beat any #1 contender, and Cain is likely to beat all of them, too. Doesn't mean we want to see that fight over and over. Machida is quite possibly the #2 MW on the planet (could be the #1 as he gave Weidman a great fight), but rematches mean more when both fighters have done more in between.

If Vitor beats Weidman I would give whoever wins the Machida/Rockhold fight the TS. Rockhold would have 4 wins since losing to Uber-tor, and Machida never fought him.

But if Weidman wins, Machida would have two fights, and Weidman would have one in between. There are enough contenders at MW that Weidman doesn't need to be making a second loop just yet.

What sucks in the division right now is that Weidman hardly does 2 fights a year.
He fought 5 times in the last 3 years.
We have so many good contenders. But in the end they are all facing each other cause Weidman can't fight a few times per year.

And if Vitor beats Weidman, we got a rematch coming for sure(UFC seems to be giving instant rematchs to all damm champs who lose).
Jacare, Machida and others will probably have to wait a long time.

just saw this yesterday, awesome fight. both guys have a good shot at winning, and intriguing matchup.

And then you end up with Cain/JDS 9, and Cain defends against nobody else. JDS is likely to beat any #1 contender, and Cain is likely to beat all of them, too. Doesn't mean we want to see that fight over and over. Machida is quite possibly the #2 MW on the planet (could be the #1 as he gave Weidman a great fight), but rematches mean more when both fighters have done more in between.

If Vitor beats Weidman I would give whoever wins the Machida/Rockhold fight the TS. Rockhold would have 4 wins since losing to Uber-tor, and Machida never fought him.

But if Weidman wins, Machida would have two fights, and Weidman would have one in between. There are enough contenders at MW that Weidman doesn't need to be making a second loop just yet.

You're inventing a lot of excuses that aren't really a problem to rationalize your double-standards here.

Not every HW titleshot needs to be preceded by a fight against JDS.

Then don't give the winner of Machida/Weidman a titleshot for winning the fight.

Or do.

The guy isn't getting any younger, unfortunately. And I still think he has a good chance of defeating Weidman, perhaps even better the second time around. So I wouldn't at all mind seeing a rematch.

It's not Machida's fault Weidman isn't fighting much.

Back