Machida vs Rashad 2

We saw a under two minute fight where Evans didn't even go for a takedown. That's a huge a assemption

I'm going to assume you meant under 2 rounds which is true but you under estimate Machida's footwork & tdd.

If he is able to get him down, Machida will eventually get up and or when the new round begins he will adjust.

Rashad could have taken the rematch on 2 occassions I believe and he declined them. Maybe a 8 week training camp and a new gameplan will suffice but I don't see it.
Would be interesting though.

would love to see, like both guys a lot

machida probably still takes it, but rashad probably pushes the distance

would love to see, like both guys a lot

machida probably still takes it, but rashad probably pushes the distance

i think if rashad survives a decision: hes taken down machida and seriously dominated him.
Dont think he would last the distance by losing to machida's striking. too much room for error

I have to go with Machida. Don't think Rashad can implement his gameplan before Machida catches him.

I've grown to like Rashad Evans over the years, but this has to be the worst possible match up for him against Machida.

At this point I think there are much more interesting fights available for both of them.

Rashad against Hendo would be awesome if he loses to Machida but if he wins then he should be getting a crack at Jones.

Machida has lots of great opponents, win or lose to Hendo. Gustafsson, Mousasi or Teixeira all sound great.

what i dont get is why so many people give this fight to machida; but give the anderson fight to rashad

thats fine but there has to be some weird overlap here

It's because Anderson has a large number of haters and people who want to see him lose, and they let bias get in the way of their senses when talking about this fight.

On the other hand Machida has already been brutally finished twice so the haters are satisfied with him and can look at this fight objectively.

what i dont get is why so many people give this fight to machida; but give the anderson fight to rashad

I don't know if I'll ever give the edge to Rashad Evans over Anderson, but AS is a easier fight for Evans. Machida has great TDD, far better than AS and this is one area where Shad might be able to exploit.

I would favor Machida by a healthy margin seeing as how the first fight was pretty much a perfect performance for Lyoto, but I could see Rashad trying to at least pressure him on the cage in a rematch.

By no means do I think Rashad just chose to go strike with one of the best strikers ever in Lyoto, but his gameplanning was clearly subpar for that fight. Pretty much anything more he could do would be an improvement from the first fight.

I don't know if I'll ever give the edge to Rashad Evans over Anderson, but AS is a easier fight for Evans. Machida has great TDD, far better than AS and this is one area where Shad might be able to exploit.

I agree that Rashad has a better chance against Anderson by virtue of Lyoto's excellent TDD, but Rashad often gets tired by the third round, and it's going to take either a perfect fight from a great wrestler, or it's going to take Jon Jones dropping life-ending elbows on Anderson's dome, to beat Anderson Silva.

So I have Anderson getting the KO in the third round. I'd love to see the fight, though.

Lyoto has never been beaten using wrestling, Rashad would be forced to stand and would probably get finished again.

Machida is such a bad style for Rashad.

Machida would win convincingly, but I don't think he would embarass Rashad as badly as the first fight

(I don't even think topping the Shadface is possible, but whatevs)

Because Machida has amazing TDD and has made many wrestlers look like idiots.

Anderson, well, I'll just assume you watched the Chael fights.

Its just a bad matchup for Rashad and a good one for Machida, similar result to first fight IMO.

Back