Machida vs Jones (eye-pokes)

groo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Lyoto Machida uses a similar stance with his arm reaching out to gauge distance.

He does this in pretty much all of his fights.

How many people has he poked in the eye?

Lyoto-Machida-Ryan-Bader-UFC-on-FOX-4-20351.jpg
20091026120308_IMG_9973.JPG

I did not look up the eye-poke stats for Machida. IF anyone knows, it would be interesting to compare to Jones, considering they have that similar stance and also a similar # of fights.

Don't recall Machida ever poking someone in their eye

Machida is gaging distance... Jon Jones is trying to put his hand on peoples face with his fingers stretched out... (I don't think he is trying to poken anyone)

it isn't the same... machida never wants to be close enough to poke someone in the eye...

p.s. lol at a palm strike being your example of machida poking people.

Never. Machida is hovering his hand to block his opponents lead hand. That can be used to control and parry the jab and trap it to throw a cross.

It seems like Machida keeps his hand more vertical and gauges distance.

Jones seems to intentionally hold his fingers horizontally and either keep them at a distance or having them walk into one of his patented eye pokes.

Still dangerous and unnecessary regardless. You can gauge distance just as easily with a closed fist.

Last edited:
None that I can recall. His lead hand is for parrying punches and gauging distance.
Jones' lead hand is rarely used for parrying, certainly gauging distance, but he literally puts his fingers directly in front of his opponents face so that if they move forward they get jabbed in the eye with his fingers.

Lyoto Machida uses a similar stance with his arm reaching out to gauge distance.

He does this in pretty much all of his fights.

How many people has he poked in the eye?

Lyoto-Machida-Ryan-Bader-UFC-on-FOX-4-20351.jpg
20091026120308_IMG_9973.JPG

I did not look up the eye-poke stats for Machida. IF anyone knows, it would be interesting to compare to Jones, considering they have that similar stance and also a similar # of fights.

Machida is an artist who knows what he is doing. Jones is a cheap, dirty fighter who also knows what he is doing.

iJfFSKaaOcOx9.gif

I've never seen any of Machida's opponents throw their arms up in the "what the fuck man" style like Glover did.

Thread title should be changed to Machida vs Jones (hands out with fingers extended)

God, these threads need to stop already.

Jones haters trying so hard to act like Jones' credibility should go down because of some eyepokes.

The last time I checked, Shogun didn't get poked in the eye

iJfFSKaaOcOx9.gif

I've never seen any of Machida's opponents throw their arms up in the "what the fuck man" style like Glover did.

lol that's amazing, and video proof of schiestiness. You can't say that's him using that to parry, begs the question of whether or not he blatantly does it knowing he can get away with it a few times without getting a point deducted.

God, these threads need to stop already.

Jones haters trying so hard to act like Jones' credibility should go down because of some eyepokes.

The last time I checked, Shogun didn't get poked in the eye

while I agree the threads on his eye-poking are on overkill, his credibility does go down, and you're brushing off "some" eye pokes when it's a pretty consistent thing.
I'm not taking anything away from his skills either, taking plenty away from his character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back