Machida vs Henderson Predictions?

I have Hendo in this fight.

Machida will struggle w/ a granite chin, heavy handed Henderson. Especially a 3 rounder.

I have Hendo in this fight.

Machida will struggle w/ a granite chin, heavy handed Henderson.

maybe if machida's only route to victory were to hit and run: he can actually take henderson down with ease, then grapple-f'ck and gnp him.

Machida was the first to KO Franklin, the only person who has finished Rashad and Thiago Silva. Silva survived a nice mauling against the Mauler and Rashad survived 5 rounds against Jones.

So yeah, Machida is a great finisher.

Shields beating Hendo was not meant to happen before the end of the world. That was the oddity of the century.

ShieldsMount1-thumb-572xauto-123080_display_image.jpg

Henderson_Shields_post_9.jpg

12_RuaHenderson_25_large_display_image_zps146447bb.jpg

rua-vs-machida-getty_zpsae28abd3.jpg

Machida is terrible match up for Hendo imo. It's gonna be a 30-27 for Machida easily.

This is going to a a very, very tough one for Hendo to win....

I think this is exactly why Dana made the fight.

I think machida TKOs him.

Hendos too slow and predicatble.

Machida is too disciplined to get into a brawl with him.

I think Machida is going to KO Hendo, counter punch KO straight down the pipe

Machida will not be finishing him. That is for sure. But at the same time I really don't know if Dan will be able to get inside on him as Machida will be backpedaling. If dan gets in, lights out Machida. If not, UD for Machida.

One of Machida's biggest weaknesses in his striking game, plays directly into Dan's biggest strength. If Dan can land that counter right hand over the top of Machida's straight left, it could be a short (or long, depending) night for Machida. He has worked on eliminating that little hole in his striking game, but he's still inconsistent at best in protecting against that punch.

I tend to favor Machida in this one...thats said its not like Hendo cant land a big one and take this fight.

I'm looking forward to this fight. It'll be a great win on Machida's resume.

Movement and good TDT will determine that the fight stays on it's feat...Lyoto will control the fight with his jab, reverse punch, snap kick and round kick...Machida decides were the fight takes place and beats him with a strategic fight game plan...Machida is so hard to train for....Bader and Randy C brought in the same Shotokan Master to train with and they bot got KO 'd by Shotokan Tech that they had trained against extensively...

Last edited:
Machida Henderson is a brawler type and just want to come at you full blown.
Machida will stay on his range and strike and counter and might be the first to KO Dan Henderson.

Henderson has never been TKO or TKO, but Machida might be the first lol.

Moving away from that right hand will solve that problem...superior footwork and great counter game will be what beats Henderson...

One of Machida's biggest weaknesses in his striking game, plays directly into Dan's biggest strength. If Dan can land that counter right hand over the top of Machida's straight left, it could be a short (or long, depending) night for Machida. He has worked on eliminating that little hole in his striking game, but he's still inconsistent at best in protecting against that punch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back