Machida vs Henderson Predictions?

I'm partial to Cameron Diaz

I stand corrected...

Cameron-cameron-diaz-81302_1600_1200.jpg

As a Machida fan, the idea of Machida being the first to (T)KO Hendo is awesome.

As a Hendo fan, it's terrifying. I want Hendo to win this, because I want to see Hendo vs Jones. Maybe I'm delusional, but I think Hendo can beat Jones, and a UFC belt is the only thing missing from his incredible career. A UFC belt puts him back in the GOAT lists, and it's a great way for Dan to go out. Machida is young(ish) and will have another chance. He won't be set back much by a loss. But this is Hendo's last shot.

Heart: Hendo (T)KO or SD.
Brain: Machida, (T)KO or UD.

I wouldn't mind if Hendo won either just because I want to see him fight Jones, but I really can't see him beating Machida.

Don't see how he beats Jones either. Jones is just too damn good, would love to see Dan KO him though lulz.

Honestly, I have Hendo at #5 or 6 on my GOAT list.

Hederson's stock is through the roof right now because of his wins over a fading shogun and a fading Fedor, and that's exactly the issue, those wins aren't as impressive as they would have been 4-5 years ago. Machida takes this easy, avoiding the take down and the telegraphed overhand right. Henderson is just fading slower than other fighters from his era, Machida's fresh.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Lyoto win by knockout, as crazy as most people think that is.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Lyoto win by knockout, as crazy as most people think that is.

I can see it aswell -- Dan is a good match up for Machida. I honestly don't see Dan winning in any way, the result of the fight is down to something that is hard to predict; Machida's mentality. I could see Machida taking no chances to try and ensure a UD, but he definately as the capacity to end it.

Machida's speed and footwork is gonna be on display, Hendo is gonna get picked apart on the feet.

Hederson's stock is through the roof right now because of his wins over a fading shogun and a fading Fedor, and that's exactly the issue, those wins aren't as impressive as they would have been 4-5 years ago. Machida takes this easy, avoiding the take down and the telegraphed overhand right. Henderson is just fading slower than other fighters from his era, Machida's fresh.

I disagree about the fading Fedor. Fedor was looking like a beast. Hell he had henderson looking like a rag doll. Henderson's technique under pressure was incredible.
5.gif

I wouldn't mind if Hendo won either just because I want to see him fight Jones, but I really can't see him beating Machida.

Don't see how he beats Jones either. Jones is just too damn good, would love to see Dan KO him though lulz.

Honestly, I have Hendo at #5 or 6 on my GOAT list.

My thoughts exactly. Hendo is up there on my lists as well, but I'd love to see him get the recognition he deserves. FOTY (hell, fight of the decade) against Shogun, he's only got a few fights left...he needs that belt, dammit!

I think a UFC belt gives him HOF for sure.

I could see that happening. Machida is great at frustrating people, he could catch Hendo coming in like he did to Bader.

machida by moving around and picking him apart and hes got great TDD. but in the end of the day a over hand H bomb can land...but highly unlikely.

I disagree about the fading Fedor. Fedor was looking like a beast. Hell he had henderson looking like a rag doll. Henderson's technique under pressure was incredible.
5.gif

they will never admit that Fedor came up in good shape. Henderson's great win will always be downplayed by many idiots here saying that ''fedor was way past his prime, slow, weak and tired''...

Machida picks Dan apart from the outside and doesn't get close to getting caught for a decision. If it were five rounds, I'd have him by tko or submission.

Machida by being better.
I feel bad for Hendo, waiting so long for title shot and he won't ever get it.

Machida by being better.
I feel bad for Hendo, waiting so long for title shot and he won't ever get it.

Agreed. Hendo is one of the greatest fighters of any genre ever, but he just won't get by Machida. Terrible fight for him at this point.

Machida stays mobile in the first and takes control in the second when it's past Dan's bed time.

Back