Machida vs Belfort

prikoke

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I don't know if this fight will ever take place, but if it does, who do you think takes it? I think it would really be an awesome fight.
IMO either Vitor catches him quick or Lyoto slowly takes over and dismantles Belfort.

Probably the most varied style matchup at MW.

You know, Machida kicks like a freakin beast too.

Belfort has only lost to the very best in the last countless amount of years.

Crazy style matchup. Coin flip

Vitor is a bad matchup for Machida.

Belfort by KO. He has way too much power for Machida to handle. Then again, I'm not sure how Vitor will look without the TRT crap.

Vitor off TRT is kinda like Machida without the aura. Machida is still elite regardless, I think Vitor would be too

This is how I break down the fight:

BelfortWanderlei.gif

Machida+Bader2.gif

tumblr_masxq1ODHZ1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Lyoto%2BMachida%2BLiver%2BKicks%2BCB%2BDollaway%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B58%2BBarueri.gif

215.gif

Randy-Couture-vs.-Lyoto-Machida-5.gif

All jokes aside it would be a very good competitive fight which could go either way.

Vitor ducks Machida with the "Countrymen should not fight eachother" bs. But yea I'd like to see it

I'd take Machida. I'm guessing Vitor will be a lot more tentative about blitzing against a dangerous counter-fighter like Machida and that'll slow down the pace of the fight. Machida wins a slower paced fight 9 times outta 10.

I'd pick Machida. 1. Belfort is off of TRT and looks like a WW now. 2. Machida isn't going to stand there as Vitor flurries at him. 3. Belfort is good for 1 or 2 rounds then he is usually done. We will see how he looks against Weidman now that he is off TRT but I don't expect much.

This fight should happen after Machida/Rockhold if Vitor wins or losses against Weidman...because Lyoto's gonna KO Rockhold like Belfort

Machida is a crapshoot when it comes to decisions so I wouldn't necessarily say the decision would go to Machida. He seems to take his foot off the pedal alot and usually always waits to counter. See the Ramps, Phil Davis fights. I'd take Vitor by tko, he has been really good only losing to Silva and Jones the last 8 years and I think Machida is a step below that level.

Hate to say it but I feel confident that Vitor is done as an elite fighter.

would be a competitive fight but i see machida slowly taking over and would tko vitor in the later rounds (esp if it is a 5 rounder)

I'd take Machida. I'm guessing Vitor will be a lot more tentative about blitzing against a dangerous counter-fighter like Machida and that'll slow down the pace of the fight. Machida wins a slower paced fight 9 times outta 10.

Phil Davis and Rampage...

Lyoto is too patient and calculated for Vitor, Lyoto by KO.

Back