Machida "Title shots' criteria should be better defined, won't avoid fighting Silva"

Still funny how when Anderson was in his prime, Machida stated he wouldn't fight him and that they were brothers. Now that he's lost at the ripe age of 38? Of course he'd fight him.

Oh and inb4 "Anderson took the easier route, Machida fought the real elite guys" (even though Anderson started his career under 170lb and Machida was fighting at HW/LHW)

Is it possible that Machida is ready to fight anyone in his division because that's what a professional fighter supposed to be doing? Hypothetically, if one camp begins to dominate a particular division, should we expect no one fighting each other because "they are brothers"?

When Machida was a champion, he said he would fight Anderson if UFC would insist. After he lost to Shogun, he joked during an interview that Anderson vs Fedor in Brazil would be a great fight. (The implication being that Anderson, not him, should be fighting Fedor who was considered the best fighter at the time.)

I do not recall Machida looking for easy fights. In fact, he fought many dangerous fights against opponents who were close to or in their prime.

Now this is just getting silly.

pls.gif

Didn't Lyoto get a title shot on a 1 fight win streak? Over Randy iirc.

There have been far less deserving shots though, guys coming off losses etc.

But IMO Anderson does not deserve a title shot if he beats a unranked welterweight who is winless in 4 years.

I think Lyoto was a replacement fight.

I just think machida is only saying he'd fight anderson so the media can just shut up about asking him all the time. The reality is they dont want to fight each other and never will.

Still funny how when Anderson was in his prime, Machida stated he wouldn't fight him and that they were brothers. Now that he's lost at the ripe age of 38? Of course he'd fight him.

Oh and inb4 "Anderson took the easier route, Machida fought the real elite guys" (even though Anderson started his career under 170lb and Machida was fighting at HW/LHW)

okay first of all. silva is the goat of all time, my favourite fighter ever

second.. ppl say shit man u know tings change.

and third at the time machida said that he wouldnt fight silva he was fighting at lhw.

his career is now at mw and he has a family and his own legacy so he has better reasons to fight silva if need be.

i dont understand why ppl on sherdog just like to call fighters down and whine , use ur brains for once

Because Machida isn't 36

every athlete peaks and slows down at different ages.

George Foreman was still relevant at the age of 44 years old where Tyson was done in his mid 30's.

All that matters is how good you were when you were at your best, and Silva was amazing at his best.

You are mixing up quotes ya goof! Anderson is the one who said Machida is his brother and they won't fight. And as a result Machida spent his whole career in the wrong division.

You are mixing up quotes ya goof! Anderson is the one who said Machida is his brother and they won't fight. And as a result Machida spent his whole career in the wrong division.

Machida also said that he wouldn't fight Anderson lol try again, man. The wrong division? Machida has better wins at LHW and has fought for the belt twice at that division, while only fighting for the MW belt once and due to injury replacement. He's performed better at LHW so far and has better wins at LHW.

Back