Machida the first to tko Hendo?

Machida is disturbingly faster than his opponents.

This does not bode well for Dan.

Well someone is getting stopped.

I have it 50/50

A few years ago I would have it 60-40 to Machida but the H bomb is too deadly and I see Hendo catching him as he comes in or Machida via some Seagal move TKO.

In my opinion "The Dragon" has a considerable chance to become the first to finish Dan with strikes. Yes Hendo has a beastly chin with great recovery, yes he's a tough as nails and mentally strong.
But Machida is a lethal counterstriker still, he is adept at finding chins with his accurate shots, much like Anderson. Hendo's offense is no secret, he's coming in with the big right, looking to set it up with pawing lefts and feints.
Lyoto can and will time him coming in and do it often imo. Hendo has no advantage on the ground or even really in the clinch either. I see Machida landing often and putting a battleworn Hendo out late in the fight, especially if Dan runs out of steam.
Thoughts?

My thoughts are agreeing with your reasons as to why It probably won't happen.

it depends on how much ringrust/age will affect Hendo

15 months without a fight, at his age...it could have a HUGE negative impact on his performance, if he gasses even worse than the usual, I could see Machida finishing him on the ground while Hendo is totally helpless to defend. I cant see Hendo being Ko'd cold but I can see him helpless on the ground totally exhausted.

No surprise at all if Machida KO's him, I think it will happen.

Most likely Machida wins by decision, the KO can happen for both sides, but i wouldn't bet on it...

This fight if it happened could look like Rogerio Vs. Hendo.

Hendo has problems fighting guys with Good striking and Good BJJ. specially guys larger than him. And I think Machida is bigger and more athletic than him.

Funny thing is Hendo was technically TKOed against Carlos Newton. In the fight, Newton hit him and BJM said "Its all over" but then changed his mind as Hendo recovered. It happens in the beginning of their fight. You have to pay attention, though.

I see Machida getting KO'ed easier than I see Hendo getting TKO'ed.

I really like watching Machida fight but people seem to forget how easily he gets tagged when he gets pressured. Shogun lit him up every time he moved forward and in the 2nd fight, KO'ed him off of a counter by moving forward. Jones also showed all you have to do is move forward and get in range.

What does Hendo do? Always moves forward and has one of the best chins in MMA. Even a shot from Fedor didn't drop him.

Machida has a blueprint and Dan has the chin to get inside and knock him out.

Both have a good chance of knocking out the other, Hendo has the better chance though. Machida offers a good chance stylistically as Hendo's rather predictable gameplan could fall into his trap but Hendo's power and consistency cannot be ignored, not to mention that Machida has been finished with strikes before. I believe in his last few fights we've seem glimpses of a possible weakening of Hendo's chin, this fight will likely serve to prove or disprove this observation.

It honestly wouldn't suprise me. Machida could land a counter straight then swarm for the finish like he did against Rashad.

I see Machida getting KO'ed easier than I see Hendo getting TKO'ed.

I really like watching Machida fight but people seem to forget how easily he gets tagged when he gets pressured. Shogun lit him up every time he moved forward and in the 2nd fight, KO'ed him off of a counter by moving forward. Jones also showed all you have to do is move forward and get in range.

What does Hendo do? Always moves forward and has one of the best chins in MMA. Even a shot from Fedor didn't drop him.

Machida has a blueprint and Dan has the chin to get inside and knock him out.

Fedor did drop him.

Back