Machida the first to tko Hendo?

Honestnathaniel

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In my opinion "The Dragon" has a considerable chance to become the first to finish Dan with strikes. Yes Hendo has a beastly chin with great recovery, yes he's a tough as nails and mentally strong.
But Machida is a lethal counterstriker still, he is adept at finding chins with his accurate shots, much like Anderson. Hendo's offense is no secret, he's coming in with the big right, looking to set it up with pawing lefts and feints.
Lyoto can and will time him coming in and do it often imo. Hendo has no advantage on the ground or even really in the clinch either. I see Machida landing often and putting a battleworn Hendo out late in the fight, especially if Dan runs out of steam.
Thoughts?

The Dragon just need to avoid the infamous H-bomb and he will take this.

Hellz nah. Hendo is gonna blast him with and h bomb when Machida jumps in with his leaping knee and chin exposed.

Honestly though I have no idea I just hope that happens. I think Machida wins a decision if he does win though

And it being a three round fight only helps Hendo. Much like Rampage/Machida. If it was two more rounds I definitely think Machida would've taken it if not finished it

No. Machida isn't really a naturally a hard hitter. Almost all of his TKO's are him catching people running into his punches due to them chasing him. Shogun even ate those punches like they were nothing.

So while he may catch Hendo coming in a few times, Hendo likely just eats them and keeps coming.

I think Hendo wins, but if Machida does it won't be a huge surprise. If he does win, Machida will not KO Hendo it'll be a decision.

Doubtful. It's more likely to be Machida by decision.

Just a feeling im getting about Dan, he's taken so much damage to dat chin over the years, one perfect counter and I could see a lifetime of fighting catching up to him all at once. Id be devastated if it does happens tho.

With accuracy, it doesnt matter how good your chin is.

If this was the 5 round fight it should be then i'd bet heavy on Machida finishing late via strikes. Unfortunately since we got fucked over by Rousey's bullshit main event, Machida will have to rush his attack thus opening more of a chance for Hendo to steal a fight he would otherwise lose handily.

I really truly believe we will see Hendo getting KTFO or at least TKO'd once before his career ends. I thought Shogun was gonna be the one to do it, but obviously that did not happen. A precise striker like Machida can finish Henderson with strikes, it just depends on if Hendo catches Machida first or if Machida fights very passively.

I am a Hendo fan but I just don't see how he will avoid getting finished by strikes going up against Machida, possibly Jones, possible Anderson rematch, maybe Gustaffson etc. Would be pretty amazing though if he finishes his career with no TKO/KO losses

I will laugh my face off if Hendo KOs Machida with an overhand left.

Like the punch Pat Barry initially rocked SDR with. SDR and Machida are both southpaws, this should work amirite??!?!?!?!

anything is possible but i sure as hell wouldnt count on it.
im a hendo fan so ill be rooting for him to knock machida out.
which seems more likley

Possible but very unlikely. I could see Machida submitting him though.

No way , maybe he submits Dan though . Ts also said Henderson is looking to throw the big right but Henderson has a powerful left as well . I think machida will go to sleep in this one .

Machida is way too tentative to let any kind of H Bomb even get near him and because of this he won't commit to any heavy punches that would even stun Hendo. I see this going exactly like Rampage/Machida, with Hendo taking the decision by simply being more aggressive.

No. Machida isn't really a naturally a hard hitter. Almost all of his TKO's are him catching people running into his punches due to them chasing him. Shogun even ate those punches like they were nothing.

So while he may catch Hendo coming in a few times, Hendo likely just eats them and keeps coming.

You realize that MMA includes kicks, knees, and elbows, right?

even if Machida can avoid the H bomb for 3 full rounds, I dont see him TKO Dan anyways, maybe get the decision but I don't think he'll be able to TKO Dan.

Back