Machida put some really tough guys to sleep

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First one to KO Rich Franklin (long before Anderson)

First one to KO Rashad (And it was his first loss)

First one to KO Thiago (The same, his first loss)

First one to KO Bader

First one to stop Bonnar (Did not KO him but few guys actually did)

The guy was a beast, even though people started to pick up his game, it really saddens me to see him fading like that..

He might have the GOAT highlight knockout reel. He's a legend.

I'm not surprised since machida is an elite fighter. his unorthodox style is really hard to emulate during training and his opponents usually do get caught off guard with his blitzing style thus resulting to multiple career KOs.

You omitted probably his best KO in Couture.

First one to KO Rich Franklin (long before Anderson)

First one to KO Rashad (And it was his first loss)

First one to KO Thiago (The same, his first loss)

First one to KO Bader

First one to stop Bonnar (Did not KO him but few guys actually did)

The guy was a beast, even though people started to pick up his game, it really saddens me to see him fading like that..

He just got old.

Machida does not get near enough respect on these forums. Watching him do his thing in his prime was a thing of beauty. The way he'd make people miss and then pay dearly for missing.

One of my favorite fighters ever.

Agree. Any reason to post this gif i'm in...

Machida-vs-Bader-knockout.gif

Unfortunately he loses to Weidman,Rockhold(again),Jacare,Mousasi (lucky to have him on win ledger due to Gegards back acl tears in 2 years and facing Lyoto as his first fight back at 185),and probably Romero again..Machida still top 10 at mw---beats Vitor,Bisping and Kennedy.Anderson would be an interesting match up.

Lyotos highlight reel stacks up with anyone else's imo. I wish he was 5 years younger, it was refreshing seeing a different fighter tearing through the ranks. I love the sport but lnp and wall and stall puts me off a lot of the time. An active ground battle is great but nobody can tell me two guys propped up against the cage is fun to watch

its almost as if he was a great fighter or somthing

Machida does not get near enough respect on these forums. Watching him do his thing in his prime was a thing of beauty. The way he'd make people miss and then pay dearly for missing.

One of my favorite fighters ever.

yep. i've always wondered if the criticism he gets on these boards are still left over from his decision win over rua in their first fight. shogun has always gotten mad love in this forum, and that is when i noticed the machida hate really gaining momentum.

he also never got very favorable matchups from zuffa either. people talk about how long it took cerrone to get his shot, i remember lyoto had strung together a nice string of wins before he got his bid.

Sorry, it's mandatory. Shogun was the first to slay the dragon.

mauricio-rua_lyoto-machida.gif

Sorry, it's mandatory. Shogun was the first to slay the dragon.

mauricio-rua_lyoto-machida.gif

Jeez. In a thread talking about Machida's impressive list of KO's and showing some respect to an amazing fighter, there always has to be someone like you begging for attention. It actually is not mandatory. If that's all you had to contribute, why click on the thread? You saw the title. We've all seen it a million times already.

Back