Machida looking ripped

A skinnier Machida would be more elusive, yes? At least his competition would tend to be quicker. I expect he'll still be as difficult to find and hit as he is at 205.

Carmont is not in Machida's class.

I'm aware. Just highlight that Machida's already a beast when it comes to grappling, with or without Munoz.

And I said WRESTLING or do you need some help with reading.

Why would he have his hands full exactly? your telling Machida's a better striker than Anderson? cause he damn sure isn't a better wrestler than Weidman and Weidman KO'ed Anderson. Anderson is better on his feet than Weidman but Weidman has power and decent technique say what you want about luck this or that but that is fact. If you honestly think that Machida would walk over Weidman you sir are not a very good fan of MMA. I've heard the Machida story many times over, he'd kill jones he'd kill Henderson, he'd kill Davis. I don't remember him putting a beating on any of these guys. Jones rd 2 destroyed Machida, Davis dec him because Machida is afraid of pushing action Henderson is just past his prime and still almost beat him. matter of fact I think id feel bad for Machida in this match up. He'd have the same chance as Anderson if he doesn't land early, hard and often on his feet, its going to be a long night. or a short one if he cant defend solid GnP. oh and you say miracle, lol Weidman is a horrible match up for Anderson stylistically that's just facts. Anderson needs a bit of luck IMO to land that KO shot if he doesn't that's a wrap for him and that title.

As good a striker. As, if not more, elusive. 500% better TDD and much, much better in the clinch.

The Davis decision was BS, so I'm not sure what relevance that has. Machida has stood with and beaten many of the best at 205. Not sure why you act like he'd suddenly be in over his head against guys 20 or more pounds less.

I'm not saying he'd destroy Weidman. Machida IS a handful for anyone, including Weidman.

Why so defensive?

Just pointing out (along with several other posters) that your post had ZERO to do with wrestling which is what I was talking about.

So your GIFs were pointless given the conversation.

Why would he have his hands full exactly? your telling Machida's a better striker than Anderson? cause he damn sure isn't a better wrestler than Weidman and Weidman KO'ed Anderson. Anderson is better on his feet than Weidman but Weidman has power and decent technique say what you want about luck this or that but that is fact. If you honestly think that Machida would walk over Weidman you sir are not a very good fan of MMA. I've heard the Machida story many times over, he'd kill jones he'd kill Henderson, he'd kill Davis. I don't remember him putting a beating on any of these guys. Jones rd 2 destroyed Machida, Davis dec him because Machida is afraid of pushing action Henderson is just past his prime and still almost beat him. matter of fact I think id feel bad for Machida in this match up. He'd have the same chance as Anderson if he doesn't land early, hard and often on his feet, its going to be a long night. or a short one if he cant defend solid GnP. oh and you say miracle, lol Weidman is a horrible match up for Anderson stylistically that's just facts. Anderson needs a bit of luck IMO to land that KO shot if he doesn't that's a wrap for him and that title.

both fights were 30-27 Machida, gtfo.

He looks good and ready to make the cut to 185. I also like that he is working with Munoz. Munoz is an awesome wrestling coach and Machida with wrestling would be scary at 185.

You mean machida with even better wrestling. Machida has some of the most underrated wrestling in all of MMA... 185 is his natural weight class I think and I'm really excited for him to be fighting there finally. Hopefully he agrees to fight Jacare when they meet up for an inevitable title tilt.

Just pointing out (along with several other posters) that your post had ZERO to do with wrestling which is what I was talking about.

So your GIFs were pointless given the conversation.

No, they are relevant, I was pointing out that Machida already has takedowns and is a "monster". He doesn't need Munoz to turn him into one.

No, they are relevant, I was pointing out that Machida already has takedowns and is a "monster". He doesn't need Munoz to turn him into one.

Your idiocy is astounding. Way to try to hide the fact that you don't know what WRESTING actually is.

Anyway, I wasn't commenting on Machida's current skills (or whether he is already a monster) and was only saying that working with a great wrestling coach like Munoz could only help Machida, and I stand by that comment. Adding a single leg takedown to his already large skillset would in-fact make him more of a "monster".

Wow, he does look shredded. Pretty cool pic too.

Dang he's looking shredded. He should make easy work of Kennedy.

These are not really classic wresting takedowns. They are throws. I was more speaking about a nice double leg. Nice try though.

The last one is. The top three aren't possible in wrestling as you wouldn't have someone throwing a strike at you while trying to get a takedown.

It's crazy on this site any time a pic is shown where someone has abs they're 'ripped' or 'looking great'. I'm sure those muscles were always there, just not as defined because of water weight. He looks small to me. Should do great at MW though.

Back