Machida is the most overrated striker

Hahaha. Ask a fighter who lost. Great idea!

Have you seen Mousasi's record? The guy may not be the best but his is very solid.

Conclusion: You have a limited understanding of good striking. To you, it is either straight up brawling ala Tank Abbot or Anderson Silva's type of striking. Machida's striking is based on karate where they rarely block or slip. Instead, they rely on their footwork to get out of the line of attack. So, yes, he keeps running, but it does not make his striking overrated. There are people who appreciate that tactical style of fighting. Not to mention, that he will be one of those guys who retires from MMA with the least amount of lost brain cells.

Honestly, this is probably one of the most note worthy answers in this thread.

There is some relevance to what you are saying. I'll give you that. However, it doesn't change the fact that Machida has literally disengaged with that karate style.

Vitor has been one of the most technical strikers since returning to the UFC. Patient as a cobra. Look at how well he tactfully waited on Rockhold to open up, and blasted him. Look how easily he backed away from Hendo and lifted him in the air, and then with pure accuracy let him get up and head kicked him. That is top notch striking.

I never once said that Machida didn't have very good striking. I said he had overrated striking, and I explained why with several examples.

What I haven't heard is how he is better than Vitor or Rockhold when they do similar things and don't have the stinkers where they run away from certain opponents. And please don't bring up some Vitor fight from like 2004 as some example.

Since when has Thiago Silva been a great striker? He has power, but he has been a total has been for a very long time. Machida looked great until he got killed by Shogun. After that he followed up and ran away from guys like Dan, Rampage until the 3rd, and Davis as well. You run away form Davis?? Really?

We get it, you come in acting like a judge, no matter who anyone says you are going to dismiss them and say they aren't a great striker. My question to you is, who is a great striker in MMA if Overeem, Machida and Mousasi aren't? And apparently Anderson Silva isn't either since he got KO'd and got his leg broke against Chris Weidman who also isn't a great striker according to you.

We get it, you come in acting like a judge, no matter who anyone says you are going to dismiss them and say they aren't a great striker. My question to you is, who is a great striker in MMA if Overeem, Machida and Mousasi aren't? And apparently Anderson Silva isn't either since he got KO'd and got his leg broke against Chris Weidman who also isn't a great striker according to you.

Go back and read the thread. I listed several people.

No way. Machida is awesome.

You all can bitch about the Machida vs. Shogun I decision but I do think that Shogun took more brain damage in that fight than Machida. Machida's body was beaten up and he looked it but he would bounce back in a few months. Of course Shogun came back and won the second fight by a long shot. But the first fight was closer than people give it credit for.

Machida is a very well rounded fighter. He is a great striker. He tries to hit and not be hit,and that should be the goal for someone in mma. to damage without be damaged. So some fight are boring because of that. And for that reason he has lost fights that I feel that he won. Davis,Rampage, Machida landed more shots and harder shots, but he was on his bike all fight long. And him making you chase him is a big part of his game. So he lost, shit happens. He is a great fighter and know 185 fighter will destroy him.

Stopped reading after you said he did nothing in the Davis fight. Maybe not a lot, but I distinctly remember him landing some very hard strikes.

I'm patiently waiting for one of you to answer the question of what highly dangerous striker he has put away?

Weidman?? Lol! You think Weidman is a dangerous striker? Weidman is a great all around fighter with a shit ton of balls, but he isn't a great striker. However he beat Machida any way doing it with striking.

So who in your opinion is a great striker?

There is some truth to it, because a lot of people still think Machida will totally outclass a good striker like Rockhold.

I'm patiently waiting for one of you to answer the question of what highly dangerous striker he has put away?

Weidman?? Lol! You think Weidman is a dangerous striker? Weidman is a great all around fighter with a shit ton of balls, but he isn't a great striker. However he beat Machida any way doing it with striking.

I agree with you on Machida. But Weidman is a great striker. His angles and timing are some of the best in mma, hence being able to stand and land punches on guys like Chida and Silva with ease.

there is so much ignorance and misinformation in that post that I actually read the whole thing.

If you tweaked a few things it wouldn't be an obvious troll attempt. I like the "he becomes Miles Jury" line. Very topical and fresh.

Let's take a look at TS's previous threads....What is your beef with Machida? Did he fuck your woman?

2zidjmh.jpg

Let's take a look at TS's previous threads....What is your beef with Machida? Did he fuck your woman?

2zidjmh.jpg

Dude is a vitor fanboy, a guy who has been a cheat for his whole career.

The TS is hating a little bit but there is some truth to what he says too.

Machida is a good striker. He has a difficult style but as a counter striker he fundamentally depends on the other guy pressing the action. He evades and moves back and engages as little as possible and waits for his moment to counter. His low volume of strikes makes his margin of error very slim.

Now where the ts has a point is all we hear on sherdog after a machida victory is " how amazing he is. How technical how fantastic" etc. we never hear about the other guy who made the fight by coming forward to actually fight. Now where it gets hypocritical is when you think of two fights in particular...rampage and Davis

Those were two fights where the opponent didn't chase machida and what did we hear? "Rampage/Phil didn't engage or they didn't come to fight" think about machidas style and read some of those threads after those two fights...it's really amazing to read scream bloody murder about someone not rushing to engage machida. Phil Davis specifically beat him at his own game.

I agree with you on Machida. But Weidman is a great striker. His angles and timing are some of the best in mma, hence being able to stand and land punches on guys like Chida and Silva with ease.

Come on man. Silva was owning Weidman, and I'm no Silva fan at all. Can't stand Silva, but Weidman had nothing for Anderson. He KO'd Anderson, because Anderson went into full "clown" mode and douche bagged himself into a knockout. Before that, when he was semi serious he was kicking and moving on Weidman at will.

Weidman is just a horse to me personally. He is big, he is strong, and he has a chin. He also has some serious balls on him. I don't think he is a great striker at all though, and I'd say that Machida is much better even though he lost to him.

Back