Machida is the most overrated striker

GTFO. Stop with your shitty mma math calculations for a second and watch the man fight. He's got all the tools of an excellent striker. Timing, footwork, speed, accuracy, variety, etc. Who in your opinion has better striking than Machida? I'd really like to know.

Vitor Belfort is ten times the striker he is.

Vitor dismantled Rumble, and yet no one ever mentions that.

Vitor killed Hendo who Machida ran from and did nothing against.

Vitor doesn't run in any fights.

And the only response I'll get from that is Vitor is on TRT!!!! Yada, yada, yada.

4 pages of answers, but yet no one has brought up one great striker that Machida has destroyed with his striking.

I hear answers like Bader, Munoz, and Thiago. Lol!

Machida fans are almost as bad as Mousasi and Reem fans.

I have yet to hear one explanation for why he ran from Hendo for 3 rounds and just stood there and looked at Davis for 3 rounds.

Do you guys even read the first part of the thread where all of this was asked or do you guys just go into full troll mode and ignore all questions?

You still haven't named someone with better striking, and have been called out for that.

Dude, Yuki Kondo beat Semmy Schilt not once, not twice but three times! Does this mean Semmy Schilt is an overrated striker?

Why don't we put JJ or Weidman in a K-1 tourney and see how they do? LOLOLOLOL Man, with your brain I would be careful - you might end up thinking your sister isn't related to you just because you have different hair color and then we would have even more retarded babies turning into striking aficionados.

So desperate that you have to bring up a question like

If they were in K1 what would happen?? Lol!

pathetic.

Any one of Machida's finishes by strikes against Thiago Silva (trip and diving punch), Rashad Evans (shad face), Rich Franklin (forgotten front kick to the face), Randy Couture (flying front kick), Ryan Bader (one punch good night), Mark Munoz (one kick good night), and CB Dollaway (body kick paralysis) would literally be a career-best highlight for most UFC fighters. No way Machida is over-rated as a martial artist or striker.

The point about Machida looking less good against elite strikers is not untrue, although it's kind of like saying GSP is not an elite wrestler because he didn't use wrestling to dominate high-level wrestlers (e.g., Koscheck or Hendricks). GSP's most dominant wrestling by far was against *not* against elite wrestlers (e.g., Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy).

Guess GSP's wrestling and Machida's striking are both overrated.

You still haven't named someone with better striking, and have been called out for that.

Vitor is for sure at MW, and arguably Jacare has become a more dangerous striker. Quite possibly Rockhold as well.

I never said Machida doesn't have awesome skills. He does. However, when you run in just about every fight where a dangerous striker is on the other end, you are overrated as one of the best strikers when you pull cheap tactics to win instead of engaging when you have those skills.

We don't ever see Rockhold, Hendo, or Jacare run from their opponents, and we damn sure don't see Vitor run from anyone.

Also add Rumble to that list. Rumble would blast Machida out of the park.

He actually held the center of the cage in the Hendo and Davis fights, not his fault Hendo couldn't land anything. The Rampage fight he won, the first round with leg kicks and the third round he whooped his ass. Obvious troll thread, he is one of the best strikers in the sport period.

Well done TS. Five pages and counting of troll baiting.
Have you considered a lack of mma knowledge as the reason you're at odds with everyone. Just saying.

Since when has Thiago Silva been a great striker? He has power, but he has been a total has been for a very long time. Machida looked great until he got killed by Shogun. After that he followed up and ran away from guys like Dan, Rampage until the 3rd, and Davis as well. You run away form Davis?? Really?

He never ran away from Davis, you obviously never watched that fight. Lyoto had the center of the octagon the whole fight and Davis danced around the outside and tried to steal points and rounds.

He actually held the center of the cage in the Hendo and Davis fights, not his fault Hendo couldn't land anything. The Rampage fight he won, the first round with leg kicks and the third round he whooped his ass. Obvious troll thread, he is one of the best strikers in the sport period.

What did he do in that Hendo fight? You can't explain anything he did significant or anything he even tried to do.

I think your memory is bad. Rampage's hand was raised even though Machida should have had his hand raised. But why did Machida let that happen? Because he doesn't do shit in fights against guys who have dangerous striking too.

Not since he got KO'd by Shogun.

Pretty funny how you guys keep pulling out fights where he fought guys like Couture who was like 60 at the time and fights before the Shogun fight.

Do any of you guys even wonder why he has had this reputation?

He never ran away from Davis, you obviously never watched that fight. Lyoto had the center of the octagon the whole fight and Davis danced around the outside and tried to steal points and rounds.

And Davis successfully did that with some of the worst striking in the sport.

You think that Vitor would let that happen? Jacare? JDS?

A guy who is truly an elite striker doesn't run from engaging when he is against other guys who have good hands.

You can tell trolls, even good ones pretty easily. I personally appreciate the art of trolling and find it hilarious especially on this joke of a website because of how retarded the mods and readers are.

HOWEVER, this lady and gentlemen, is not a troll. This dude is seriously ill and depressed. Notice the constant replies from the TS and the amount of capitalized lols. Capitalized LOLs are a clear sign of desperation. These thread aren't just hilarious. They're pure gold. Knowing someone is smashing their kitten with a keyboard out there (TS) out of pure frustration just makes me smile. Regardless of my sympathy for that poor kitty.

Vitor is for sure at MW, and arguably Jacare has become a more dangerous striker. Quite possibly Rockhold as well.

I never said Machida doesn't have awesome skills. He does. However, when you run in just about every fight where a dangerous striker is on the other end, you are overrated as one of the best strikers when you pull cheap tactics to win instead of engaging when you have those skills.

We don't ever see Rockhold, Hendo, or Jacare run from their opponents, and we damn sure don't see Vitor run from anyone.

Also add Rumble to that list. Rumble would blast Machida out of the park.

hahaha all credibility lost, just stop

It isn't as bad as the delusional fans of Mousasi and Overeem, but it is bad.

What great striker has Machida ever demolished? Rashad Evans? That is the only one, and Rashad has been just as timid as Machida is since that fight.

After that he lost to Shogun and the refs cheated Shogun. Then Shogun killed him in the first round, and Machida has been a Miles Jury type of runner ever since any time he fights a highly skilled fighter with serious power.

Hendo = He ran the entire time. That fight was horrible. Ask Dan.

Davis = Terrible striker, and Machida did literally nothing in that fight. Davis is usually the kind of guy that Machida looks great against standing.

Rampage = He waited until the 3 round to give a damn. He had no business losing to Rampage who is a slow flat footed guy that was a great striker 10 years ago in Pride when he was on juice.

Mousasi - Not a great striker, but Machida was good enough to outclass him, but Machida didn't ever at any point make any real attempts to put him away. Go watch Jacare and watch how Jacare put Mousasi away pretty easily, yet Jacare never gets props for his striking.

Then you have the guys like Bader, Dollaway, and Munoz. What do they all have in common? They are slow moving wrestlers who plod forward and are extremely easy to hit. Machida has very good TD defense, and I'll grant him that. A tough wrestler won't be able to take him down easily at all, so they'll have to strike with him. Machida can make those mid tier wrestlers that have poor striking look bad, but any other fighter that can truly put him away with big shots, Machida becomes MILES JURY.

[YT]5hfYJsQAhl0[/YT]

You can tell trolls, even good ones pretty easily. I personally appreciate the art of trolling and find it hilarious especially on this joke of a website because of how retarded the mods and readers are.

HOWEVER, this lady and gentlemen, is not a troll. This dude is seriously ill and depressed. Notice the constant replies from the TS and the amount of capitalized lols. Capitalized LOLs are a clear sign of desperation. These thread aren't just hilarious. They're pure gold. Knowing someone is smashing their kitten with a keyboard out there (TS) out of pure frustration just makes me smile. Regardless of my sympathy for that poor kitty.

It is actually a troll. Look at TS previously posted threads. All of them are flaming popular obviously good fighters

1/10

But his striking is overated. particularly his counterstriking. he takes far too long to get comfortable.

Well I'm glad that you are enjoying it, but recognize one thing.

Not one of you has explained or even slightly admitted that Machida has had fluky performances and let down a ton of fans in those fights I have mentioned.

You guys asked who had better striking, and yet I brought up several names. Some of that ay be arguable, but I haven't heard one solid answer of a great striker that Machida has taken apart.

He decisioned Mousasi, and wasn't really impressive. Jacare killed Mousasi, but yet he isn't comparable? What would Machida do against Okami? Probably run from him honestly. Jacare blasted Okami.

And I'd love to hear how Machida is better than Vitor when Vitor has KO'd every fighter in the UFC that he has fought not named Jones and Anderson. Vitor hasn't had one fluky performance since the days his sister was kidnapped, yet you guys constantly bash him.

And I'm the troll? GTFO.

Seriously man... You need help. Can't believe I'm reading this

Hendo = He ran the entire time. That fight was horrible. Ask Dan.

Hahaha. Ask a fighter who lost. Great idea!

Mousasi - Not a great striker, but Machida was good enough to outclass him

Have you seen Mousasi's record? The guy may not be the best but his is very solid.

Conclusion: You have a limited understanding of good striking. To you, it is either straight up brawling ala Tank Abbot or Anderson Silva's type of striking. Machida's striking is based on karate where they rarely block or slip. Instead, they rely on their footwork to get out of the line of attack. So, yes, he keeps running, but it does not make his striking overrated. There are people who appreciate that tactical style of fighting. Not to mention, that he will be one of those guys who retires from MMA with the least amount of lost brain cells.

Well I'm glad that you are enjoying it, but recognize one thing.

Not one of you has explained or even slightly admitted that Machida has had fluky performances and let down a ton of fans in those fights I have mentioned.

You guys asked who had better striking, and yet I brought up several names. Some of that ay be arguable, but I haven't heard one solid answer of a great striker that Machida has taken apart.

He decisioned Mousasi, and wasn't really impressive. Jacare killed Mousasi, but yet he isn't comparable? What would Machida do against Okami? Probably run from him honestly. Jacare blasted Okami.

And I'd love to hear how Machida is better than Vitor when Vitor has KO'd every fighter in the UFC that he has fought not named Jones and Anderson. Vitor hasn't had one fluky performance since the days his sister was kidnapped, yet you guys constantly bash him.

And I'm the troll? GTFO.
You are retarded.

Back