Machida asks for better title shot criteria, would fight Silva

I personally don't want to see Anderson fight Machida. That has counter strike snoozefest sparring session written all over it.

Man I feel for Machida, if AS wasn't his friend, he would probably be already the greatest MW of all time and one of the P4P greatest with GSP, JBJ and Fedor.

machida is awesome man, to unique to cool to different than other fighters out there to not be champ. i still cant believe hes not the champ... weisdman is good though, he really earned my respect in that machida fight honestly. but again machida is dangerous for anyone, it wouldnt be a surprise if they fought again and machida were to win. either way i just want awesome fights!

I don't think he means only himself.
But look at hows Silva bypassed Jacare, luke and him by fighting DIaz!

Then look at Connor bypassing Frankie by beating Siver

Or Sonnen & Jon

Or Lesnar....

... an many more!

There's only one criteria, and that's make the money

If Anderson vs Machida happened...I would shit and piss myself. All at once.

Or Sonnen & Jon

Or Lesnar....

... an many more!

One of the items in this list doesn't belong...

yes he has but he has also deserved them. I do agree with Silva getting a shot next if he does win though. Not saying anything will change but I would like to see a fight with no excuses.

I think Weidman wins again but it seems pretty unfair IMO. Beating Silva once was considered unthinkable at one point. Now they want Weidman to have to beat him 3 times, while also beating Lyoto and having to beat Vitor? How many chances shoudl Silva get against Weidman? This isn't a rubber match, he lost the last two match-ups. And he certainly would not have earned another crack by beating Diaz. And what if he happened to win? Then we have to watch Weidman/Silva 4? If Silva can earn another shot at Chris then no problem. But gifting him one after two losses would be crazy to me no matter how the second one ended.

I don't think he means only himself.

Or Sonnen & Jon

Or Lesnar....

... an many more!

Frankie cut the whole division remember? He lost two LW title fights, and his first ever FW fight was a THIRD title fight in a row after losses!

I like things the way they are. Preferably, there would be no belts and we would just see good fights the majority wants to watch. That will never happen because title fights sell, but I like the idea of people deciding for themselves who they think is best and calling for matchups to happen.

Sure, if we're living in a magical fantasyland where Communism also works the way it's supposed to.

If we were using this system (and somehow the UFC was bound by law to execute it, which it never would be) they would have just bumped Conor to number 3, Lamas to 4 and made the fight anyway.

The idea is to have the contenders fight to figure out who is #1, 2, etc. You're just trying to shit on the system the other poster is presenting.

I like things the way they are. Preferably, there would be no belts and we would just see good fights the majority wants to watch. That will never happen because title fights sell, but I like the idea of people deciding for themselves who they think is best and calling for matchups to happen.

That lends itself to a) hype and bullshit meaning more than actual performance. b) New fighters having a hard time getting noticed because all they have done is fought other nobodies in other organizations. c) More WWE drama fake reality bullshit just to get a name in the papers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back