Machida and Shogun side by side... Lyoto is a small 185er nowadays.

Disappointing that shogun never dropped to MW.

Yea Shogun should have went down to 185 years ago. The LHW's are just too damn big for him these days.

Agreed. If done at the right time he really could have rejuvenated his career.
Maybe, but despite several severe nagging injuries and multiple surgeries, he did have a great career; definitely one for the books and up there, on the all time list.
Pride GP Champ.
UFC LHW Champ.
#1 ranked LHW at various times during his career.
Wins over Arona, Rampage, Overeem, Lil Nog, Machida, Chuck, Forrest, Vera, Coleman, Randleman, and Nakamura.
He basically had 2 careers: one in Pride and one in the UFC. He was a champ in both in very deep, talented divisions.
I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He did great.

You guys seem to understand, but for the noobs who will be arriving shortly, he BEGAN his Pride run in 2003. We are now 13 years past that.

Maybe, but despite several severe nagging injuries and multiple surgeries, he did have a great career; definitely one for the books and up there, on the all time list.
Pride GP Champ.
UFC LHW Champ.
#1 ranked LHW at various times during his career.
Wins over Arona, Rampage, Overeem, Lil Nog, Machida, Chuck, Forrest, Vera, Coleman, Randleman, and Nakamura.
He basically had 2 careers: one in Pride and one in the UFC. He was a champ in both in very deep, talented divisions.
I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He did great.

You guys seem to understand, but for the noobs who will be arriving shortly, he BEGAN his Pride run in 2003. We are now 13 years past that.
I totally agree 100%. He was my favorite fighter bar none for many years, just wanted him to be seen as the great he really was to the newer or ufc only fans. And I believe his ufc resume would be better had he dropped at the right time ya know

Back