MacDonald dominated Condit??

Condit was working rory standing and on the ground. take downs was the only thing rory had going for him.

Joe rogan is the reason every one thinks rory was doing better than he was.

Joe Rogan's responsible for 90% of Sherdog misconceptions.

This, i will hop on.
I loves me some Joe Rogan and his amazing podcast makes my workouts fly by, but his commentary has lead to some of the most potent, annoying sherdog misconceptions.

"Domination" is one of those words that gets way over-used on sherdog. Kinda like "robbery".

IMO the first two round were pretty close. Maybe give it to Macdonald for being aggressive with takedowns, but Condit did land more strikes and negated the takedowns with constant offence off his back. Good showing by Macdonald until the shit kicking he took, but there was no domination until the 3rd round.

who cares we will know who is really better at ufc 158. they are both in their prime now no excuses.

I thought the first round was Condit's honestly. He landed the most significant strike and it caught Rory pretty good. Also he controlled the position on the ground, landed good strikes from his back and tried to advance position. Second round was MacDonald's and of course third was easily Condit.
What else did Rory do other than octagon control and takedowns?

You're smarter than I was, TS. I saw all of those TDs and thought Rory had dominated.

Then I watched it a second time. I still gave him the first two rounds, but in no way was he dominating.

if it wasn't stopped i think it would've been a draw. but it was stopped and not a bad stoppage either in my opinion. and yes i think would've been 10-9 x2 macdonald and 10-8 Condit.

if it wasn't stopped i think it would've been a draw. but it was stopped and not a bad stoppage either in my opinion. and yes i think would've been 10-9 x2 macdonald and 10-8 Condit.

Idk about a 10-8 in round 3. That was my first thought too but Rory was landing good strikes on the feet early on.

He had 10 pro fights before he fought Condit. Clearly an impressive showing, but lets not pretend like he was in diapers.

Yeah he was a UFC vet in his 2nd ever UFC fight. Fighting in those sideshows of 12-1500 people really prepared him for 18,000+ of his screaming countrymen. Fighting in KOTC is nothing like fighting in the UFC so let's not get it twisted. I have been to both and KOTC on more then a few occasions and it's not even close to the same environment.

ROry won both of the frist 2 rounds..

I had it 1 rnd a piece, Rory did little to nothing in the 2nd besides secure a few TDs and a push kick to the chest on the buzzer.

No people themselves that are naive enough to believe everything they hear lead to their own misconceptions..

forget about all this crap about records and how green rory is, condit's worst matchup style is a guy like rory.

condit can win but its going to be very tough if rory just plays it safe with his takedowns again

edit: and i gave the second round to condit. the last half of the round was pretty much all condit

Rory's gnp and top game is vastly overhyped. Don't get me wrong, he's an upper tier fighter, but after the Mills fight, people were proclaiming his gnp as the best in the UFC.

You're talking as if the Condit fight happened after Mills. He was 20 when he fought condit in 2010, he's evolved a great deal.

You're talking as if the Condit fight happened after Mills. He was 20 when he fought condit in 2010, he's evolved a great deal.

His top game and gnp wasn't great against Diaz or BJ. Yeah, the suplexes were cool, but he couldn't keep nate down even with a 15 pound weight and wrestling advantage. And he was extremely inactive in BJ's guard.

His top game and gnp wasn't great against Diaz or BJ. Yeah, the suplexes were cool, but he couldn't keep nate down even with a 15 pound weight and wrestling advantage. And he was extremely inactive in BJ's guard.

Because both BJ and Diaz are known to have inactive guard.... :/ how about Pyle and Mills, why take them out just to prove your point?

Anybody seen the movie Deja Vu with Denzel Washington?

Joe Rogan is the one hyping him up: calling him a better potential prospect than GSP. Clearly he has not dominate anyone worthy to make such a claim.

Watched the fight and I just don't see it. Yeah he got takedowns and controlled the octagon in the 1st and 2nd rounds but what else did he do? He really didn't advance position or land much GNP. Condit controlled the position and landed some good strikes from his back.
So why is it around Sherdog that everyone says he was laying a beatdown on Condit?

was a close fight back then. rory was only 20 . now rory will eat him alive

Back