Macbeth starring Michael Fassbender

Kneepocalypse

This is your god now.
@Silver
Reaction score
[Yt]017nWFKsshY[/MEDIA]

This trailer is hype af. Movie looks stupendous.

NO hidden blades or cowl and he's not controlling metal. Boooring.

This looks solid.

Anyone seen Cumberbatch's Hamlet? Sounds overproduced and dumbdowned for the Sherlock audience but still interesting.

Meh
It ain't no Roman Polanski

If anyone's interested, I'm currently taking bets at 50/50 odds that this is directed by Kenneth Branagh.

It's released on December 4, it has about 2 weeks to make any serious money at the box office.

Looks absolutely epic

Macbeth is my favorite story of all time

I just watched the Orson Welles version the other day, pretty damn good, I'd recommend it

Everyone should also check out Akira Kurosawa's Throne of Blood, my favorite adaptation of the play, and Roman Polanski's Macbeth, the most faithful and brutal filming, although this new one looks like it could take both those honors

Meh
It ain't no Roman Polanski

The way the murder of Macduff's family and his reaction to the news of it are done was disturbing and heartbreaking, even more so than Titus imo

I assume you picked up on imagery that was shockingly close to the murders that had happened at Polanski's own home committed by the Mansons?

A babe being ripped from the mother's womb for instance, very close to home considering his wife was only a few months from giving birth

I don't think I know of any other filmmaker alluding to their own extreme personal tragedy in such a way

The only way this film could fail to be awesome would be if every scene not in the trailer was acted out by mimes.

And even that would just be a different species of awesome.

I see you creeping down there Mr. Flower

I thought you'd have an interest in this

Just downloaded The Snowtown Murders to see what this director is all about. I definitely also agree with that little quote from the trailer that "Fassbender was born for this." Fassbender is indeed a perfect actor to take on this iconic role. & Thewlis as Duncan? Fucking nice. I have high hopes for this film. The trailer also looks fantastic. A rarity these days.

I see you creeping down there Mr. Flower

I thought you'd have an interest in this

You know me so well, my friend.

Just downloaded The Snowtown Murders to see what this director is all about. I definitely also agree with that little quote from the trailer that "Fassbender was born for this." Fassbender is indeed a perfect actor to take on this iconic role. & Thewlis as Duncan? Fucking nice. I have high hopes for this film. The trailer also looks fantastic. A rarity these days.

You know me so well, my friend.

Grim fuckin film.

Grim fuckin film.

Sounds right up my alley, then. Maybe I'll watch it tonight. Getting late though, and I've read that it's quite an exhaustive watch, even though it's only 2hr long. Intensely grim films will have that effect, I suppose.

Well then. Guess it's been decided. Just ate a few homemade tacos, so gonna start The Snowtown Murders up in a few moments and get this party on the road.

Back