MAB vs Prince - Re-visited

Actually go back and watch his earlier fights.. it was fun to see his style evolve over the years.. more so than maybe any fighter Ive ever seen, he successfully changed his style from a Chavezesque stalker to a wonderfully balanced boxer.. it was a pleasure watching him change into that over the years..

I think i'm going to.

I don't mindlessly watch a lot of old boxing fights anymore as far going through a fighters career, due to time restraints. Usually just one fight here and there. But Barreras stone faced tenacity (Not to mention left hook/left uppercut skillz) makes me want to see his style vs others, which is the only reason after the Jones fight i decided to watch the Morales one. I'm excited to see his matches with Marquez and Pacquiao too. Really a whos who on his resume which makes it awesome. Weird, that i'm excited to see fights that have already been done with.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7JNQg5eU0

Don't know how to post links on tablet but there is a documentary that might interest some of you,shows how has was in the run up to the fight,IMO not taking things serious at all n Manny turned up late iirc. Also if this is it there's a funny scene with Chris eubank.

Barrera ended his career, enough said.

Naz was battered from pillar to post and completely exposed. I watched the fight live and remember thinking, this is your first day at school Naseem, and it turned out exactly that. Barrera won every round, although I'm sure the cards said by 3 rounds! lol disgraceful.

Hamed also showed his resolve in staying beat after this humiliation. Barrera got humiliated twice by Junior Jones but came back to beat Morales.

Was a really good fight.

I HATED Hamed when he was fighting. I've come to appreciate him over the years.

One of the reasons I thought the fight was great is because I could never figure out watching Hamed's fights how the hell he wasn't getting smashed and was, in sharp contrast, smashing his opponents with punches a professional boxer should see coming a mile away. Barrera took him apart, not by doing anything outrageous or even innovative, he just boxed his ass off.

i was just amazed by hamed when he was around. the confidence,the shoryukens in the ring

his style was like a tight rope cos he would suffer knockdowns all the time but hed always just give em back. the dude was crazy

Naz was battered from pillar to post and completely exposed. I watched the fight live and remember thinking, this is your first day at school Naseem, and it turned out exactly that. Barrera won every round, although I'm sure the cards said by 3 rounds! lol disgraceful.

Hamed also showed his resolve in staying beat after this humiliation. Barrera got humiliated twice by Junior Jones but came back to beat Morales.

Prince won at least 2 rounds - 3 rounds max. Still showed a ton of heart.

You gotta give props to Nas, muslin dude with a hot ass British wife who took his name Muhammad. Lol

Hamed's stupid public persona wasn't unlike Floyds, makes you wonder how May would have taken a whoopin? If his ego would have allowed him to return to the top or his career would have seeped into the ground. Makes little difference now at 37.

There's a great documentary called "Big Fight, Little Prince" on youtube where they followed Prince around weeks before the fight, leading into the fight, and after. He seemed VERY complacent and much too arrogant. Lots of distractions as well. Above all it turned Naz down and really shed light to how badass MAB was in his prime. Barrera is probably my most favorite fighter of all time.

Hamed's stupid public persona wasn't unlike Floyds, makes you wonder how May would have taken a whoopin? If his ego would have allowed him to return to the top or his career would have seeped into the ground. Makes little difference now at 37.

Floyd is abrasive in his own way. Nas was something else all together.

I never liked him because I felt like he disrespected his opponents. His showboating seemed to be at the expense of his opponent.

People will say "Oh but you like Roy Jones. A- ha!" With Roy, I never really felt like he was disrespecting his opponent. The showboating was just part of his over all show. Roy will showboat even when he's getting smacked around and IMO, backed it up against a better quality of fighter than Nas did.

If you watch the fight in my first post, watch the crowd after the 6th round and they show a young innocent Floyd sitting by himself behind Lennox. Pretty funny.

If Naseem gave half a fuck about this fight he would've clowned Barrera.

If you watch the fight in my first post, watch the crowd after the 6th round and they show a young innocent Floyd sitting by himself behind Lennox. Pretty funny.
floyd was in the audience at some early UFCs with Winky Wright too.

If Naseem gave half a fuck about this fight he would've clowned Barrera.

Don't know about that. Barrera was on a mission that night. His jab was on point. Prince likes to fight slow paced fights were he loads up on shots. When MAB was busy, Prince didn't really have a chance unless he landed a one shot KO.

Prince won at least 2 rounds - 3 rounds max. Still showed a ton of heart.

You gotta give props to Nas, muslin dude with a hot ass British wife who took his name Muhammad. Lol

Nothing better than seeing the bully get bullied. The best moment was seeing his face get rammed of the corner post and butt fucked by Barerra.

Depends what you class as hot, not my version of a good looking lady that's for sure.

Outside the ring Naz also showed his worth.

Nothing better than seeing the bully get bullied. The best moment was seeing his face get rammed of the corner post and butt fucked by Barerra.

Depends what you class as hot, not my version of a good looking lady that's for sure.

Outside the ring Naz also showed his worth.

Nas's lady during the fight was fine and had a classy look.

floyd was in the audience at some early UFCs with Winky Wright too.

he was also at pacquiao-morales 2 ....cheering for pac and was jumping up and down when manny was about to close the show .

good times.

he was also at pacquiao-morales 2 ....cheering for pac and was jumping up and down when manny was about to close the show .

good times.

Yeah, you actually See Mayweather stand up from his seat and throw a punch in the air at the first knock down of Morales.

Back