Lytle says he would come out of retirement only to fight someone like Diaz/Condit

MRT

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
TS EDIT :D - thanks mod, appreciate you finding and adding the info - the ticker didn't provide much and I only saw it flash by once. good to know Lytle is still comfy with his noble decision to prioritize his family.

** MOD EDIT:

Chris Lytle says he's retired, but if they needed a late replacement to fight someone like Nick Diaz or Condit, he would do it. Otherwise, he doesn't have the time to train for pro fights, he would rather spend time with his family.

here's the interview

END MOD EDIT **

For whatever reason, I can't access the Search function, so chill the f out if this has already been posted, please :D

On the Fight Network's ticker, it was stated that Chris Lytle is considering coming back for "matchup fights" and named Condit (IIRC, and someone else, but I forget who...Diaz?) as intriguing options.

anyone see this, or hear anything else?

personally, while I always enjoy watching him fight (who doesn't?!?), I'm a little torn on this possibility. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he went out with a stoppage of Hardy, and would hate to see a comeback that didn't have as happy an ending...but in a deep division, there are lots of potential matchups that would be great to see.

NO DOUBT he can still compete at a very high level, and doesn't seem to have designs on title contention, just interesting fights (which is perfectly fine, and more guys should feel the same way, and more fans should appreciate that not everyone has to be title material). nothing wrong with being a bada** gatekeeper, and Lytle has absolutely defined that role, IMHO.

Last edited:
i mean id be torn. on the one hand hes always someone to root for and he's like a lauzon- won't be champion but can put on fucking awesome fights and always brings it.

BUT on the other hand he had pretty much as storybook a career close as you could have. got to go out on a high note, not only beating the company-hyped hardy in a main event but doing it in style with a late-third round submission victory. he even was able to celebrate in the cage with his family. i dont think you could ask for better. if he needs the money and can still compete at a reasonably high level, which i imagine he can, then more power to him. but i just feel its so rare to see a career end on a positive note like that.

I hope not. I love when fighters retire on top. It sucks to see a legend fight too long.

I would love seeing him fight again, always exciting!

As long as he's still in fighting shape of course.

He went out on top which was realy nice to see!

I hope if he does return it's against mid-level fighters and not the killers at the top such as Condit, Hendricks, Ellenburger, Diaz

I don't see it being a big deal at all. He never had a huge name, so him coming out of retirement is not going to shake things up at all, it's not like it's Chuck or Tito coming back for a fight, hell even Serra coming back for like a superfight type of deal. But Lytle? I doubt they'll sell any PPVs with his name.

He retired on top, I really hope he doesn't return. It is so rare to see a fighter like himself have a better ending of a career.

I actually had the pleasure of meeting Lytle at the TUF Finale a few weeks ago and I actually talked to him for a while about him coming back. He seemed really torn about it, he said he loves fighting but his family comes first. I got the sense he missed it a lot though, so it wouldn't surprise me if he came back.

For selfish reasons, I hope he comes back...He is one of my favorite fighters.

I fucking hope not. Went out on a high note, should just leave it be.

I don't see it being a big deal at all. He never had a huge name, so him coming out of retirement is not going to shake things up at all, it's not like it's Chuck or Tito coming back for a fight, hell even Serra coming back for like a superfight type of deal. But Lytle? I doubt they'll sell any PPVs with his name.

To the casual fans it won't make a differance, but all the proper fans will be watching if he makes a return.

For whatever reason, I can't access the Search function, so chill the f out if this has already been posted, please :D

On the Fight Network's ticker, it was stated that Chris Lytle is considering coming back for "matchup fights" and named Condit (IIRC, and someone else, but I forget who...Diaz?) as intriguing options.

anyone see this, or hear anything else?

personally, while I always enjoy watching him fight (who doesn't?!?), I'm a little torn on this possibility. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he went out with a stoppage of Hardy, and would hate to see a comeback that didn't have as happy an ending...but in a deep division, there are lots of potential matchups that would be great to see.

NO DOUBT he can still compete at a very high level, and doesn't seem to have designs on title contention, just interesting fights (which is perfectly fine, and more guys should feel the same way, and more fans should appreciate that not everyone has to be title material). nothing wrong with being a bada** gatekeeper, and Lytle has absolutely defined that role, IMHO.

He said he's not coming back but if he did it would be for an entertaining match up those guys

I'd hate to see him come back and lose badly though

Back