Lyoto says he's making twice more $ with one single sponsor than he did in two UFC bouts with Rebook

iLikeBirds

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Lyoto explained that the contract with only one sponsor for his debut against Rafael Carvalho on December 15 will outpay what he made in two UFC bouts by Reebok. In his last bout for Ultimate, the knockout over Vitor Belfort in May, the payout of the sports equipment company was $20,000.

"That's I can guarantee. Only one sponsor of mine is already going to surprass what I did in two fights with Reebok for sponsorship. The financial value, for people who are athletes, is very important, this part of sponsor. Not only do you contribute financially, but you can also contribute with the brand that sponsors you, divulge, enter as if it were something natural of the sport. And, financially speaking, as I said, the doors will open more and more, "he said.

Despite the fact that he does not complain about the time he was in the UFC, Machida did not deny that he is happier at Bellator. He said he does not intend to fill his whole fighting materials with sponsors, but hopes to secure enough support to maintain the high level of training and overall preparation.

"I can't forget to mention that I am very happy for Bellator to have this opening of sponsorships. If I advocate a brand, I want to show my brand. If I defend my flag, which is the Machida Karate, I want to wear it in my kimono, I want to have that freedom, it's not just financially what I'm talking about. You can defend your brand, come in kimono, do things different from the UFC era ... And unfortunately that was banished there. So, being able to contribute to the brands, to somehow repay the support of my sponsorship is fundamental, "he said.

https://agfight.com.br/lyoto-revela...-bellator-supera-duas-lutas-da-reebok-no-ufc/

venum-lyoto-machida-ryujin-fight-shorts.jpg

Attachments

• lRDZa6xyVWc.jpg
    lRDZa6xyVWc.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3
Athletes go where the money is. Can't blame the guy.

Those look 10x better than that Reebok crap.

giphy.gif

Can't possibly be happening because it's the UFC...oh wait

FlippantNeighboringGordonsetter-small.gif

That happens when you are the king of bums in a weak league.

Going to Bellator is usually a good move for your retirement parade. UFC is just like NBA or NFL. They take your prime years then cut you loose.

Good for him. A couple years ago i'd have said better money and easier fights but considering Benson and the Monsoon's Bellator runs so far, it's not been easy

Going to Bellator is usually a good move for your retirement parade. UFC is just like NBA or NFL. They take your prime years then cut you loose.

This was true 5 years ago.

Now, fighters in their prime choose Bellator instead of UFC. I can mention Bader, Rory, Bendo, Mousasi, and as the times goes by, the list will only get bigger.

Which is why, say, Rory MacDonald went to Bellator, despite holding a win over the current WW champ in the UFC

How much does Dana give you per post here?

The Reebok deal has been a disaster. Antagonizes fighters, and I can't imagine they are selling much of this merch since I've literally never in my life seen anyone wearing it. Also, Reebok's current design team sucks hard, everything they've made for the UFC is ultra-generic. I was a fan of old school Reebok design but this new bland stuff is like some kind of halfassed Under Armor knockoff

That happens when you are the king of bums in a weak league.
Yeah bro, remember when all those 'weak league' Strikeforce and WEC fighters came over and just got dominated by the UFC guys?

Back