Lyoto Machidas Striking

machida didn't play bj like he played tito He clinched alot and tried to take bj down. He didn't do much of the "machida footwork/striking" that we are used to seeing. Most of the fight was fought in the clinch and by no means was it a domination against a guy who was grossly overweight and a good 4 inches shorter than him.

Exactly. Damn King Kabuki is a smart mofo.

More importantly, King Kabuki is a counter-puncher.

Hey I did not read all of the post but I thought the Machida fight was the most boring of all of the fights. Machida fought a smart fight by striking and RUNNING. From an entertainment point of view it sucked. I was a Machida fan until that last fight. I do not see Machida being a world champion.

I am not a Tito fan but Tito came to fight. I would not waste my money if Machida was the main event on a card. To make it worst I thai boxed for almost 18 years and I do not care for a stand up fighter who punces then jumps back with his hands up. Sorry for anyone who I pissed off with this commment.

lol, I dont think you pissed anyone off. But you and alot of people really have some strange logic that i just dont understand. What did you want him to do? Slug it out with Tito? I dont get it, he lit up his face throughout the course of the fight!

You can be technical and still dominate a fighter, I mean just look at Anderson Silva and Marcus Davis. The fact of the matter is that Machida just doesn't try and finish the fights and take the fight to his opponents and I just can't respect that.

Er, when he was sitting on top of Tito and pounding his face, what do you call that?

He also almost finished Tito once earlier, but even then you're still wrong, given the opportunity he absolutely did try to finish.

He's only finished two fights in his last ten. Yeah he really tries to finish people. :rolleyes:

Machida has great dodge rating and block rating, but his crit strike rating just isnt up there. I think he needs better fist weapons. ?????

He's only finished two fights in his last ten. Yeah he really tries to finish people.

Exactly. He finished one guy who was considered one of the most dangerous Fighters in the game, and quite easily, then he did his best to finish a former multiple time Champion.

A little off topic but how much weight do you think Machida gave up to Tito? Looked like a good 15 lbs. at least.

Tito wasn't even able to touch Machida for the most part. Im no fighter but Im pretty sure that in itself is no easy accomplishment.

A little off topic but how much weight do you think Machida gave up to Tito?

A little more off-topic but I actually loved 13th Warrior.

"See to your friend. He was a brave man."

If he fights Wandy you'll pay.

Wandy is one for his last four, if they try to match him with Machida it will be an absolute outrage. I think Machida's earned the winner of Forrest vs. Rampage. The only other reasonable matchup is Chuck and that would still be bullshit.

If Jardine had won it would have set up Machida vs. Jardine but absent that he definitely has a title shot coming.

Wandy needs another couple solid wins to be a contender. I mean, he just lost to the guy thats twice been DUNCED by the Champ.

Wandy is one for his last four, if they try to match him with Machida it will be an absolute outrage. I think Machida's earned the winner of Forrest vs. Rampage. The only other reasonable matchup is Chuck and that would still be bullshit.

If Jardine had won it would have set up Machida vs. Jardine but absent that he definitely has a title shot coming.

Wandy needs another couple solid wins to be a contender. I mean, he just lost to the guy thats twice been DUNCED by the Champ.

well... with that logic, wandy would be in line for the title.

well... with that logic, wandy would be in line for the title.

No.

At least a little momentum is required to get a title shot in any combat sport. Or to match up with the number one contender.

Jardine has recent wins over Griffin and Liddell, both top contenders. Machida is undefeated. If both had won it sets up a natural match between the two for who gets the next title shot.

Wandy, as much as you may love his sweaty nuts, is 5 and 5 in his last 10 fights and 1 of his last 4. He might not be completely washed up but he is nowhere near having earned a shot against the number one contender.

And sometime, somewhere, Rashad Evans dies a little inside.

Back