Lyoto Machida turns 36 today

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's still looking good out there. Do you think most people are aware of his age?

Werdum will be 37 in June. There's quite a few older guys still competing at the highest level.

Munoz is fighting tomorrow and he's 36. He's a few months older than Machida.

No problem, with his fight style he could fight until 46. :icon_lol:

For whatever reason I looked up Nobutatsu Suzuki (11-1), Askren's likely next opponent. I thought he'd be 23-24, he is 36.

For whatever reason I looked up Nobutatsu Suzuki (11-1), Askren's likely next opponent. I thought he'd be 23-24, he is 36.

I just saw Stipe will be 32 this year. I thought he was about 28.

The point of a forum is to discuss shit. If you have nothing to contribute don't post.

14839_original.jpg

Personally i find it strange that so many fighters have success into there mid to late 30's in mma. It's not like that in many sports.

Machida is aging in reverse. He looks younger every time I see him. Thick, Solid, Tight.

He's not showing signs of it yet. Given that he absorbs almost no punishment in his fights, I can't say that is too surprising.

hes still an animal

185 is his perfect weight class

It is really hard to believe Lyoto's age sometimes. He has taken so little damage throughout his career.

Evan Dunham is 32.

[Tycho?];95578207 said:
He's not showing signs of it yet. Given that he absorbs almost no punishment in his fights, I can't say that is too surprising.
Yep. Good defense will increase any fighter's longevity by a substantial extent. Mayweather's been boxing for well over 10 years now and speaks clear as day.

It is really hard to believe Lyoto's age sometimes. He has taken so little damage throughout his career.

He spars hard though. More so than a lot of guys. No headgear. Lots of contact. Anderson was also into that style of sparring.

Back