Lyoto Machida 'staying up at night' after training with Cain.

Rogan has also said Glover tosses Machida around in practice. Heard it on one of his podcasts

Machida's style isn't really one that shines in sparring, I don't think, because it's so patient, cerebral, and deathly sudden.

Machida obviously wants to be the guy to dethrone Bones so he's training with the one guy everyone thinks could beat Jones and is getting ragdolled a lil.

Sounds right to me.

Machida obviously wants to be the guy to dethrone Bones so he's training with the one guy everyone thinks could beat Jones and is getting ragdolled a lil.

Sounds right to me.

Judging by the date, it was before Machida faced Jones for the first time. lol

True. Machida is a great fighter, but it would be pretty weird If Cain, being a heavy weight champion, wouldn't be able to dominate him in sparring.

Especially considering :

1.Machida is a small LHW ( MW frame )

2.Cain has been known to bully smaller fighters and go 100% in sparring against them despite the weight difference

3. Cain is freaking good !!!

Rogan likes to exaggerate and pull shit off his ass. Partly because he is a fighter wannabe and is shorter than 5ft6in. Napoleon complex.

Yeah, I'm in the not surprised/that's how it should be boat.

If Rogan said the vice versa then i'd be a little more astonished.

why is machida training with Cain!?!?!?! isnt he supposed to be training with JDS instead??

why is machida training with Cain!?!?!?! isnt he supposed to be training with JDS instead??

I'm pretty sure it was a long time ago unless they trained since that vid Fitch posted

And i don't think JDS is really associated with BH or Soares anymore.

Hell I don't even know if he still trains at team Nogueira. I think he's spent most of the time training in San Salvador for his last couple of fights.

I doubt theres any hard feelings. Machida said he'd fight Lil Nog before and Glover just fought Fabio.

I don't think the whole team Nog/BH is really super tight. Except maybe Anderson who just happens to be friends with everyone.

Cain is about 15-20lbs bigger than Machida, in training its not that bad.
That being said,
At that level of skill 5 lbs is bad.

I googled after I heard Rogan say this. I couldn't find an article, interview, podcast or anywehre there Machida said that he stayed up at night perplexed about Cain's awesomeness. Doesn't mean it never happened, but I'd like to see a source.

I would like to see a source as well. I think Cain definitely is a better wrestler than Machida but in no way shape or form is Cain a better striker than Machida.

Machida is also alot faster.

Back