Lyoto Machida Mans Up: Now Says He'd Fight Anderson Silva

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lyoto Machida prefers not to complain about a possible delayed title shot if Anderson Silva beats Nick Diaz on January 31, at UFC 183. However, "The Dragon" told Tatame.com.br that he's confused about the UFC criteria and asked for more specific rules for everyone to understand how a title fight is earned.

. . .

Lyoto also says that he would accept a fight with Anderson but doubts it would be a possibility in the near future.

"Everyone asks me if I would face him but it's a bout far away of happening. Of course I would. As a professional, I would do it. The audience would like to watch..."

. . .

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/1...a-title-shot-criteria-anderson-silva-mma-news

Jacare deserves the title shot. But I'd pay to see Machida-Anderson at any weight.

Machida vs Anderson would likely be a staring contest with like 8 strikes thrown per round.

Hell, yeah, first voter.

Shut the thread down. Machida for MW champion.

lol prime anderson ko's machida in round 1 10 /10 times

Would root for old man Silver in that one. Hope it happens, but I very highly doubt it. Neither is getting the belt, and I don't see either being hungry enough to fight each other unless it's for a belt.

If Silva beats Diaz & Lyoto beats Rockhold, give Jacare a title shot & set up Silva vs Machida for #1 contender.

Don't think they would go all out on each other..

Machida probably wins at this point.

2-3 years ago, Anderson via Murder.

Let's see how Anderson takes this. Remember, he was pissed off when Wand told he would fight Anderson.

Of course he would, Silva's been knocked out and is coming of a leg injury. Chris proved that with a enough confidence and diligence Silva's taunts and matrix like maneuvers can be overcame. You feed into Silva's aura and you get ate up. Silva is no doubt one of the best strikers out there, but if you add his mystique to it he becomes almost unstoppable; Silva no longer has the mystique; he's simply just a really great striker now. Lyoto also has a better ground game than Silva. On the feet would be very interesting, I could actually see Lyoto pulling off a decision.

Back