Lyoto Machida: "I want to fight 3-4 more years, easily"

Lyoto needs to move back up to LHW again, His tactics don't work for MW.

I wonder what makes him say that. He has been the champ. He has fought the biggest names in the business in two divisions. He really has nothing more to prove. He is only risking (further) serious injury and tarnishing his legacy. Is it the money? He needs the money?

Jarl

While I wouldn't consider him arrogant, I do think he began to believe his own hype when people started the machida era talk. I think he wants one last moment of glory before he hangs it up. I don't think his chances are great to be honest. He isn't much different than before, he is just fighting people that are a terrible match up for him. people saying for him to move back up. Not a good idea. I think DC beats him 8/10 times and jones would beat him 9/10 when he decides to return. machida vs gus would be a good fight to make. I see him cracking into the top 5 but very unlikely holding the belt again. His jujitsu leaves much to be desired. He's pretty good from top position but not so slick off his back. I would not get a BB and call it good enough. You need to keep working on it. I think he should get a new jujitsu coach and I heard he has a new strength/conditioning coach already.

I think he can be competitive at MW and LHW. I've been thinking he should go back to LHW and be the quicker fighter again. I don't decide when fighters retire. He wants to fight and passes medicals, let him fight.

war lyoto the dragon machida but please retire in one or two years max please

Machida is fucking up, he really should be concerned about his health after the beatings he took, Weidman landed some good shots on him, then Rockhold beat him down, followed by the brutal elbows that Romero landed. At this point I don't see Machida beating any of the top 3-5. Weidman, Romero, Rockhold, Jacare, Vitor if still on the TRT would have probably beat him as well.

If he really wants to continue, I say he should give it one more run, but as soon as he loses again, especially if its a brutal loss, he should hang em up, but sadly I don't think he will even if its another brutal beating.

I think its settled here on Sherdog...The Dragon back to 205

LHW or nothing...someone get the word out to him

I think he can be competitive at MW and LHW. I've been thinking he should go back to LHW and be the quicker fighter again. I don't decide when fighters retire. He wants to fight and passes medicals, let him fight.

I am starting to wonder how legit some of these medicals are or how difficult they actually are to pass. Ken shamrock has extensive brain damage and his body is falling apart but he got cleared to fight easily. Now I want to know. Are they just testing your BP, heart condition?

I am starting to wonder how legit some of these medicals are or how difficult they actually are to pass. Ken shamrock has extensive brain damage and his body is falling apart but he got cleared to fight easily. Now I want to know. Are they just testing your BP, heart condition?

besides appearing to be as unintelligent as he's ever been, where's the proof about Ken?

as for your question: that's a good thing to learn I guess. I really don't know what disqualifies a fighter, to be honest.

He should go back to 205, division is much weaker he'd still be a top 10 guy there imo. HW would be a decent idea, considering how weak the division is and he used to sumo at 220 or so I think it could be interesting...seems no one ever goes up to HW aside from Tony Lopez.

[YT]zqX9P0jxBOI[/YT]

Check out this video. As a fan of Machida I'd like him to retire or not fight these upper level monsters...thoughts?

Terrible to hear this. Lyoto is shot. Career is going to end horribly.

He cray. I guess he wants to pull a Chuck or a Shogun. He wont make it till 2019. Even if he wants to be that stubborn he wont stick around for more than 2 years. Couple of brutal knockouts and he will get the ''talk''.

Crazily, I wonder if he could go down to ww. Probably not, but his frame is kind of small even at mw.

I got no problem with that

You guys heard it wrong....
he said he wants to fight 3, 4 years easily... meaning, he wants easy fights for the next 3, 4 years.

I don't get why people think he should move back to LHW. What fights are even there for him? Rematch with Bader? OSP? Title shot against Gus/DC?

He should stay at MW.

Back