Lyoto Machida avoiding being slammed into an Actual Living Dieded by Rampage (GIF)

i thought machida got robbed vs rampage and phil davis. the phil davis one was def a head scratcher, more controversial than the page one. so really he lost to rua and jones up until weidman beat him. dude has a crazy resume and has fought the best of the best

There's an angle of the slam replay where it looks like Rampage looks at someone in the crowd and smiles as if he's setting Lyoto up for the slam.

Remember that time Rampage almost broke Baders neck with a slam..?

RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif
Remember that time Rampage almost broke Baders neck with a slam..?

RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif
Man. Prime Rampage was a
Absolute fucking Unit!

Slampage did not skip ab day. His fucking core strength is absurd.

The Machida Era days were probably my 2nd favorite peroid of MMA after Pride. You had a Shogun seeking validation and redemption, you had Machida doing shit never before seen in a prize fight, you had a demon of a prospect in Jon Jones coming along to make you go 'dude, what's he going to look like in a few years!', you had Fedor off to the side in Affliction. Not to mention Rampage, Chuck, and Wandy (old and past it but still) going at it. Brock was in there to spice shit up with a beast in Cain coming along, JDS uppercutting Werdum to hell, and Shane Carwin looking like the hulk. Not to mention GSP and BJ doing their thing.

ah, those were the days.

Now, it's fucking Conor or wasteland. Just like anything in life, when everything is consolidated in a central location, it's shit.

The troof!

Rampage was insanely strong. That match-up was fun on paper, but Lyoto was too good defensively and too aware of Page's power flurries for there to be enough action for a fun scrap....most likely Lyoto would've been KO'd had he not fought that way.

The way he escaped that powerbomb looked almost rehearsed lol. The only thing missing was a counter with another pro wrestling move.

I miss the prime rampage days. If he could run stay n shape and use leg kicks heda ben unbeatable.

I don't miss the prime ranmpage days because they were filled with deluded statements like this.

The fight was no robbery, Machida was better and we all knew it but his passive nature in a 3 round fight was stupid, simple as that.

i thought machida got robbed vs rampage and phil davis. the phil davis one was def a head scratcher, more controversial than the page one. so really he lost to rua and jones up until weidman beat him. dude has a crazy resume and has fought the best of the best

"Robbed" against Page is drama queen nonsense - the first two rounds were far too close for anyone to be shocked Page got them.

But against Davis? Now there's an argument for a robbery. Funny thing too, since it was in Brazil, right in that era when the anti-Brazil crybabies were lying to themselves that the judging in Brazil was biased toward Brazilian fighters, even though the stats from MMADecisions.com showed that there were no more hometown decisions in Brazil than anywhere else.

Back