Lyoto Machida avoiding being slammed into an Actual Living Dieded by Rampage (GIF)

If you are chasing someone and not catching them, how are you controlling the octagon? The fight took place were Machida wanted

Rampage also landed a bit of nice shots, it would be one thing if he was just hitting nothing but air all night but he managed to cut Machida off a few times and land his shots.

Rampage also landed a bit of nice shots, it would be one thing if he was just hitting nothing but air all night but he managed to cut Machida off a few times and land his shots.
I'll have to rewatch it

Also to add it was a close fight but definitely not something to call a robbery, a good bit of mma fans have the tendency to label closely contested fights as a robbery when in reality it could have gone either way.

Last edited:
But he couldn't avoid the dreaded leap frog.

B6j5A.jpg

200.gif

Machida is a damn cat bruh

PlushInsignificantBronco-size_restricted.gif

Rampage’s aggression against Machida’s karate style was pretty damn fun to watch.

x2ouus_medium.gif

0000000000000.gif

Low key dope fight.

Great fight.

Both guys were too conscious of the Unified Rules judging and didn’t quite get it done.

The Unified Rules, the (now) old school noobs who grew up on it and think it’s the only legit way, is a damn shame, because of how devastating it’s been to the fundamentals of the sport.

I’m not disputing the outcome.

I'll have to rewatch it

Definitely bruddah, it was a fun one. Let me know what you think, initially I had it for Machida but after watching it again I saw how Rampage got the decision. Regardless of the decision it’s just a dope scrap to go back and watch again. I actually recommend you watch the whole Main Card it had some quality fights.

G Sots vs Lauzon was dope
BJ Penn vs Hughes 3
Phil Davis had the dope Mr Wonderful sub
And Falcao vs Gerald Harris too

Great fight
Hated the decision though

The decision was totally fair.

Machida was extremely gunshy after getting KO'd by Shogun and did nothing for the first two rounds.

If you don't fight, you shouldn't win.

Rampage had insane core strength

Oh right, the fight where the guy who did fuck all won. I remember it.

Machida was awesome. But this fight made me hate watching Machida fights when he couldn't get a finish. All of his decision wins were mostly slow and could have went either way, because A) Machida just wasn't active or B) He just threw one combo in the whole fight (vs Davis) and/or waited until round 3) vs Rampage

Great fight
Hated the decision though
Yeah judging the fight as a whole Machida won easily, but with the 3 point must it was either Rampage 29-28 or a draw. Rampage just didn't do much of anything, but Machida did even less before the near finish in the 3rd.

Great fight. Two of my favorite active fighters at the time so I was grinning the entire fight. Rampage did much better than people thought he would. Before the fight most people assumed Machida was going to ‘Machida’ him pretty easy.

It was a bad decision though

I miss the prime rampage days. If he could run stay n shape and use leg kicks heda ben unbeatable.

I miss the prime rampage days. If he could run stay n shape and use leg kicks heda ben unbeatable.

The Machida Era days were probably my 2nd favorite peroid of MMA after Pride. You had a Shogun seeking validation and redemption, you had Machida doing shit never before seen in a prize fight, you had a demon of a prospect in Jon Jones coming along to make you go 'dude, what's he going to look like in a few years!', you had Fedor off to the side in Affliction. Not to mention Rampage, Chuck, and Wandy (old and past it but still) going at it. Brock was in there to spice shit up with a beast in Cain coming along, JDS uppercutting Werdum to hell, and Shane Carwin looking like the hulk. Not to mention GSP and BJ doing their thing.

ah, those were the days.

Now, it's fucking Conor or wasteland. Just like anything in life, when everything is consolidated in a central location, it's shit.

I was there for this at the Palace of Auburn Hills. I was disappointed in the decision for this match but BJ Penn had me out of my seat not long after...

This happened to me twice in training and I felt like Machida. It was awesome.

As for the fight, I absolutely loved it. Two of my favorite fighters of all time competing at such a high level. Don’t even remember who won, in my mind it was a draw.

Back