Lyoto interview about Jon Jones *Video*

I hope for your sake you don't actually believe this is possible. If so, I have one word... Delusional
He said he wants to fight Jones again after he takes the MW belt. Anything can happen in a fight. Lyoto would be the underdog by far, but there is a chance he could win.

I never said "He is going to win the MW belt and then knock Jones out in a superfight."

I said "If he does he would be the GOAT."

I'd rather Lyoto finish his career at 185.. That is the weight class he has always belonged in.

But he says he wants another piece of Jones. If he wins the MW belt and then beats Jones ass, Machida would be the GOAT in my opinion.

I never said it was going to happen. But it's MMA and anything can happen. If you deny that, then you are the one who is fucking delusional, buddy.

Stephan Bonnar was able to match his length and got worked when Jones had little development. It was a case of a very tough opponent, not a mere physical dimension

Stephan Bonnar really? for one I said his length combined with his athleticism, two Bonnar was never an elite level 205 guy. You act like I said anybody with Jones length is a great fighter, what I'm saying is you match skill level give one guy a length advantage and the guy with the length is more likely to win.

If Machida had Jones length you think Jones still wins?

Jones had little development? Jones was by far the more developed fighter, he threw Bonnar around like a ragdoll. Bonnar is a horrible comparison, a better one would have been Vera, any way you act like distance isn't a huge part of Jones game, and what are you saying his length doesn't help that?

Last edited:
Machida is my favorite fighter. Easily.

When you JUST win the belt, it isn't a superfight. For chrissakes.

Machida is my favorite fighter. Easily.

When you JUST win the belt, it isn't a superfight. For chrissakes.
Machida has already been a LHW champ and defended his title. If he takes the MW strap and defends his title a few times, then fights Jones, it most definetly would be a super fight.

Stephan Bonnar really? for one I said his length combined with his athleticism, two Bonnar was never an elite level 205 guy. You act like I said anybody with Jones length is a great fighter, what I'm saying is you match skill level give one guy a length advantage and the guy with the length is more likely to win.

If Machida had Jones length you think Jones still wins?

Jones had little development? Jones was by far the more developed fighter, he threw Bonnar around like a ragdoll. Bonnar is a horrible comparison, a better one would have been Vera, any way you act like distance isn't a huge part of Jones game, and what are you saying his length doesn't help that?

I was actually going to bring up Vera. The problem in my mind with these discussions is that we start to look backwards from a tough fight and build the perfect fighter in hindsight.

Like, 'the first time Jones fought a fighter similarly aged with a similar build that was very athletic, good boxing and could stop his takedowns... Well, we all saw what happened.'

He said he wants to fight Jones again after he takes the MW belt. Anything can happen in a fight. Lyoto would be the underdog by far, but there is a chance he could win.

I never said "He is going to win the MW belt and then knock Jones out in a superfight."

I said "If he does he would be the GOAT."

I'd rather Lyoto finish his career at 185.. That is the weight class he has always belonged in.

But he says he wants another piece of Jones. If he wins the MW belt and then beats Jones ass, Machida would be the GOAT in my opinion.

I never said it was going to happen. But it's MMA and anything can happen. If you deny that, then you are the one who is fucking delusional, buddy.

UFC isn't dumb enough to put Machida against Jones again, look what happened the 1st time. Even if he beat Jones, he is far from the GOAT. Look at his sub par performances in many of his fights. He lost decisions to Phil Davis, Rampage, KO'd by Rua and lost the 1st fight in alot of peoples eye's. You need to tone it down a bit on the Machida hype

UFC isn't dumb enough to put Machida against Jones again, look what happened the 1st time. Even if he beat Jones, he is far from the GOAT. Look at his sub par performances in many of his fights. He lost decisions to Phil Davis, Rampage, KO'd by Rua and lost the 1st fight in alot of peoples eye's. You need to tone it down a bit on the Machida hype
If he beat Weidman that makes him a two division champion. Beating Jones who is the GOAT would definetly make Lyoto top five GOAT of all time easily.

I already said I'd rather Machida just stay at MW instead of challenging Jones again, but he wants to fight him after he takes the MW belt.

You are seriously delusional if you think Machida wouldn't be in the running for GOAT if he beat Weidman and Jones. Jones is the GOAT as of right now and undefeated.

Yup, Jones didn't look all that great against Gus. Despite somehow winning on points, he got the worst of the beating in that fight.

No, he didn't. It's a pretty safe bet that Gus got his brain injured significantly more.

Back