Lyoto interview about Jon Jones *Video*

And if Machida took the MW belt, defended it a couple times, then had a super fight with Jones and knocked his ass out, Lyoto would be the GOAT.

There is truth to the idea that Jones's length advantage allows him to control range but he is also highly athletic, with a lot of skill, makes him lethal against most of the 205 division, its interesting how his first fight with a guy who could match his length and he gets taken to the limit.

Stephan Bonnar was able to match his length and got worked when Jones had little development. It was a case of a very tough opponent, not a mere physical dimension

Stephan Bonnar was able to match his length and got worked when Jones had little development. It was a case of a very tough opponent, not a mere physical dimension

I was about to say this as well. This wasn't the first time Jones fought someone with comparable size.

There is truth to the idea that Jones's length advantage allows him to control range but he is also highly athletic, with a lot of skill, makes him lethal against most of the 205 division, its interesting how his first fight with a guy who could match his length and he gets taken to the limit.

Indeed, the next fight will be probably FONT.

Yes, people doesnt give enough credit for gus, only see his size, they forget about his high level skills.

20h9dzr.gif

If someone who is Brazilian would like to put down some of the important quotes from the video, that would be cool.

Glover was very brave, and showed a lot of heart because he kept fighting all the way through despite dislocating his shoulder. We have to acknowledge Jones was superior, he had a technical and physical advantage and was able to nullify a lot of Glover's game.

Glover was very brave, and showed a lot of heart because he kept fighting all the way through despite dislocating his shoulder. We have to acknowledge Jones was superior, he had a technical and physical advantage and was able to nullify a lot of Glover's game.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

So he didn't say anything about fighting Jones again? A month or so ago he said he wants to fight Jon after he wins the MW belt.

Yup, Jones didn't look all that great against Gus. Despite somehow winning on points, he got the worst of the beating in that fight.

cormier will beat him worse than that though and cormier is short. Its about skill. Cormier has the strength advantage, reach, strength, speed, mobility, they are all advantages. Reach does not trump the others

And if Machida took the MW belt, defended it a couple times, then had a super fight with Jones and knocked his ass out, Lyoto would be the GOAT.

anybody that has lots of fans will be hated by some on sherdog, even if they are classy and kind like lyoto. Just let lyoto use his skill in the ring and it will shut them up or feed their hatred

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

So he didn't say anything about fighting Jones again? A month or so ago he said he wants to fight Jon after he wins the MW belt.

You coudnt see the subtitles in the video?

This is 50% the reason sherdog hates Jones. The Machida nut huggers couldn't handle the defeat

It's not even being able to handle the defeat, it's the brutality of it lol. Seeing Machida's lifeless body flop onto the mat, face down, is heartbreaking, especially when you know how he's such a nice guy.

anybody that has lots of fans will be hated by some on sherdog, even if they are classy and kind like lyoto. Just let lyoto use his skill in the ring and it will shut them up or feed their hatred
I completely agree. Lyoto is a class act. The hate he gets on these forums is sickening.

I'm not a fan of GSP's fighting style, but I still have all the respect in the world for him because he is a class act.

Some Sherdoggers are just morons.

I hope for your sake you don't actually believe this is possible. If so, I have one word... Delusional

Back