Lyoto interview about Jon Jones *Video*

mmanew

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Lyoto is such a gentleman.

If he wins against Weidman, what about a super fight against Jon Jones.

PS: Interesting that he mentions the size advantage that Jon Jones had against Glover.

(The subtitles doesn't work in mobile devices apparently)

[YT]ZJo-xaUwc8E[/YT]

I don't think Jones had a size difference against Glover but he did have a different frame.

Most exchanges were at short to mid range.

Drinking his own piss is relevant to this thread!
5125_mma_s_machida01_576-628x250.jpg

Oh piss breath cheeta hatin on Jones. Why Im I not surprised? Jones put dat ass to SLEEP!

LOL spitting out mouth piece to buy time is considered brave now?

There is truth to the idea that Jones's length advantage allows him to control range but he is also highly athletic, with a lot of skill, makes him lethal against most of the 205 division, its interesting how his first fight with a guy who could match his length and he gets taken to the limit.

There is truth to the idea that Jones's length advantage allows him to control range but he is also highly athletic, with a lot of skill, makes him lethal against most of the 205 division, its interesting how his first fight with a guy who could match his length and he gets taken to the limit.

Yup, Jones didn't look all that great against Gus. Despite somehow winning on points, he got the worst of the beating in that fight.

What do you mean superfight? They fought already and Jones beat him in two rounds. If Lyoto beats Weidman, he would have to defend the belt many times to get anybody interested in another Jones rematch

This is 50% the reason sherdog hates Jones. The Machida nut huggers couldn't handle the defeat

I love me some Machida, had zero problem with Jones after this fight.
Actually had more of a problem with Jackson telling Jon to check on him so people will think Jon cares.

Yup, Jones didn't look all that great against Gus. Despite somehow winning on points, he got the worst of the beating in that fight.

I also had Jones winning, that spinning elbow I think saved the fight for him, Gus was out on his feet for a bit after that.

Cormier I think is going to be the first guy who isn't Gus who gives Jones a good fight, for some reason I see Cormier actually beating Jones pretty decisively, he's not going to stay on the outside, and get picked apart and on the inside I think Cormier has the skills and strength to work Jones in the clinch, get takedowns and beat him up. Cormier is for real no doubt.

The truth is that Jones and Gus are the prototype frames for 205 going forward. For a while, that division has been full of MWs who didn't want to diet and cut properly. The LHW division is going to thin out until it refills with properly sized fighters.

This has actually created a trickle down effect in the weight classes. Small LHWs move to MW. Small MWs move to WW. Small WWs move to LW. Etc.

The next time the LHW division is stacked, the fighters will look (framewise) a lot more like Jones and a lot less like Rashad. I'm actually surprised Rashad hasn't moved to MW yet....

I personally believe that MW was a hollow division for a long time because too many MWs were fighting at 205, but now that Jones and other large framed 205lb fighters are here, the MW exodus has begun.....

Last edited:
If someone who is Brazilian would like to put down some of the important quotes from the video, that would be cool.

Back