Lying on resume

Breh you replied to me back in 2017. The first part of my post was a legitimate question: as I said, I had an atypical college experience.

The second part was obviously a joke, which you seemed to get two years ago!

I don’t know wtf is going on anymore.

actually never heard that.
thinking TRD, who never even went to the school btw, is making shit up as he goes along.

he's intelligent enough to have been a professor there IMO but not sure he ever attended.
maybe post grad?

Oops I missed this one.

Graves is right, I was never a student. I was a post doc -- though technically as a post doc you pay student fees to use the athletic facilities and you can play on non-varsity (club sport) school teams. A fellow Canadian, also doing his post doc, was on the Stanford Hockey team. Would you believe that a bench clearing brawl broke out athe Stanford - Cal hockey game? This would have been around 2000.

I’m a Bruin, and I remember when I was applying for schools as an undergrad and I got into UCLA and Cal, I was debating between UCLA and Cal. I spoke to a friend who was a few years older than me and he had graduated from Cal a couple years earlier and I asked him his take on Cal, he was like, “Dude, go to UCLA. I kinda regret not going there. He’s like people are weird up there and the girls are not attractive, at all.” I was always leaning towards UCLA but Cal had this reputation of being the best public school in the country and it would look good on resumès. I ended up at UCLA and it does appear that Cal has lost a bit of its mystic and UCLA continues to be the most applied school in the land.

All my Cal friends have told me not to send my kids to Berkeley. One said the students are much more douchier and cutthroat than places like Stanford and UCLA.

I realize how important it is to have a high-level resume and that's why I am still working on it, to make it perfectly.

Is it though? I guess it depends on what job you do. I've hired a lot of people and I don't really care much about their resumes.

I've had to supply transcripts otherwise we could not get professional indemnity insurance.

I'm sure you can get away with it sometimes but personally not keen to know i could be fired at any point because I lied. For example I would not get a home loan in such a situation.

Thinking back, I don’t know if I’ve ever had anyone check on my education as part of the job application process. My job doesn’t require licensure or anything, and the only background checks I’ve ever had to approve were CORI. Maybe I could have lied, but I don’t really believe the risk is worth the potential reward at this point.

Back