Lying on resume

How would the former employee find out what they said about him/her in order to sue?
You would be surprised how many people explain things they don't have to.

I have never had to show my college degree for a job that wasn't a government position.

Side question:

When employeers call your reference, how many questions do they ask? Anyone ever hear of a thorough inspection to past employers or is it usually a quick thing.
They called me once for a girl who worked with me. She was brilliant.
I think it was Ernest&Young who called me.. I started to say that she was a really good profile because.... and they told me "ok, enough". LOL

Side question:

When employeers call your reference, how many questions do they ask? Anyone ever hear of a thorough inspection to past employers or is it usually a quick thing.
You could write jesus christ himself down as a reference. Ain't nobody checking those out.

300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

DegreeVerify :)
Exactly... You don't even need physical transcripts anymore. I actually had a friend of mine that had access to the Clearinghouse through his HR dept look me up and send me the PDFs. I printed them out and hang on to them just in case.

Like what references? I went to college and got my Bachelors in twenty two months in an accelerated program(should've been 20 months but I failed two classes). It wasn't your typical university, and I was in class from a minimum of 8 to a maximum of 20 hours a day.

I don't understand what you're trying to say, so my next line of thought is that you in reality do not have a higher education and are just making false claims here. Like TS's buddy. Are you TS's buddy?

Off the top of my head? If someone made a “Modest Proposal” reference, or any other reference to classical literature. Sure, someone who didn’t go to college may be able to get some of those. But most will not have read it.

Or in California, depending on when you went, references to the writing proficiency exam or wpj exam. Especially if they call it the wpj. Someone who didn’t go to college and graduate in the past 8 to 10 years is just not going to know wtf that means, kind of like how someone who hasn’t ever used the internet wouldn’t know what wtf means.

Those are just two off the top of my head. How about the experience of adding classes late because you didn’t register early enough? I could go on, but why bother? You’re just going to say I’m wrong anyway.

Additionally, people who mix up “there”, “they’re”, and “their” are obvious candidates for the “I barely graduated high school” crowd.

Resumes are seldom checked.

Is that true? We use a service called vCheck. basic criminal/education verification is very cheap. For C-level hires we do bank and credit checks. The details are pretty extensive including every house and car purchased/leased.

thanks my uncle is a warehouse manager at cisco. will let him know

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2019/0...ws-world-report-rankings-of-best-u-s-colleges

UC Berkeley, long ranked among the top public universities in the U.S., has been “de-ranked” by U.S. News and World Report’s Best College rankings because the university provided incorrect data about its alumni contributions.

LMAO. Probably something to do with the school allowing the left wing crazies to run the asylum over there in Oakland.

FWIW - Last year I spoke to a friend that is still at Stanford (research/teaching) and he said that money is coming in so fast they don't know what to do with it. They decided to raise $2.5B and before it was formally announced half was already committed by donors so the school said, "fuck it, let's make it $3.5B".

The local news reported a state firearms instructor for the state government bullshitted on her resume, she was exposed, and no one's doing anything about it. No investigation, no firing.

It happens all the time, but of all the things on your resume, your degree is one of the easiest to verify, there are databases you can check online in like 2 minutes. Former work experience would be easier to fake, if they try to verify you can say the business closed or your old supervisor retired or something.

Off the top of my head? If someone made a “Modest Proposal” reference, or any other reference to classical literature. Sure, someone who didn’t go to college may be able to get some of those. But most will not have read it.

Or in California, depending on when you went, references to the writing proficiency exam or wpj exam. Especially if they call it the wpj. Someone who didn’t go to college and graduate in the past 8 to 10 years is just not going to know wtf that means, kind of like how someone who hasn’t ever used the internet wouldn’t know what wtf means.

Those are just two off the top of my head. How about the experience of adding classes late because you didn’t register early enough? I could go on, but why bother? You’re just going to say I’m wrong anyway.

Additionally, people who mix up “there”, “they’re”, and “their” are obvious candidates for the “I barely graduated high school” crowd.
If the claim is that they attended college at a physical campus the claim could be vetted pretty well and quickly by someone who went to the same school or even has family/friends who did.

Most campuses, although similar in structure and amenities, have unique physical or experience aspects that would really only be fluently discussed by folks with a good amount of familiarity.
Additionally, as with regional dialects, there are easily identifiable names for locations on a campus that are used by those with more solid familiarity. Like if someone says "yeah, I got my phd in chemistry from UC Berkeley" and you query "oh yeah? Which building were you in?" and they reply with "Tan Kah Kee Hall" then they did not in fact do what they claimed.

There would be so many ways to vet someone, even just prompt them to talk about college more and look for the depth or lack of depth in their replies as the convo goes on, use of vagueries, changing the subject, etc.

LMAO. Probably something to do with the school allowing the left wing crazies to run the asylum over there in Oakland.

FWIW - Last year I spoke to a friend that is still at Stanford (research/teaching) and he said that money is coming in so fast they don't know what to do with it. They decided to raise $2.5B and before it was formally announced half was already committed by donors so the school said, "fuck it, let's make it $3.5B".
Lol, Cal is in Berkeley, but yes, Oakland is in dire straits, still. Some major road paving fuckin finally, but shit's so overdue it's bonkers.

And yeah, Stanford does well and has made major improvements last few years, has some new buildings going up currently and just always has something going on, although same is true of Cal.

Lol, Cal is in Berkeley, but yes, Oakland is in dire straits, still. Some major road paving fuckin finally, but shit's so overdue it's bonkers.

And yeah, Stanford does well and has made major improvements last few years, has some new buildings going up currently and just always has something going on, although same is true of Cal.

Calling UC Berkeley "KAL", the Bears the "59ers" and Berkeley "Oakland" is a long held tradition at Stanford.

the amount of money piling in Stanford the last few years is absurd. They almost bought a large portion of Roosevelt Island in NYC to build a hospital in NYC, a few years back.

If the claim is that they attended college at a physical campus the claim could be vetted pretty well and quickly by someone who went to the same school or even has family/friends who did.

Most campuses, although similar in structure and amenities, have unique physical or experience aspects that would really only be fluently discussed by folks with a good amount of familiarity.
Additionally, as with regional dialects, there are easily identifiable names for locations on a campus that are used by those with more solid familiarity. Like if someone says "yeah, I got my phd in chemistry from UC Berkeley" and you query "oh yeah? Which building were you in?" and they reply with "Tan Kah Kee Hall" then they did not in fact do what they claimed.

There would be so many ways to vet someone, even just prompt them to talk about college more and look for the depth or lack of depth in their replies as the convo goes on, use of vagueries, changing the subject, etc.

Exactly.

Former work experience would be easier to fake, if they try to verify you can say the business closed or your old supervisor retired or something.

Yuuup. I know plenty of people who pull this, just say the business was small and the owner retired to Florida.

Hell, my brother fabricated 14 years of work history to get his current job. Just chose businesses that had all gone under, gave himself low management positions in them (floor or shift supervisor), and landed himself a cushy desk job after spending most of his adult life dealing drugs.

Back