Economy Lyft, Uber drivers planning worldwide strike next week

I'm aware. But it won't hurt Uber, or send a message.

I think it will. It is a shaky business to begin with.

Uber will have a hard time making a profit in its core driving business at least in the near term, Wedbush Securities analyst Dan Ives said Thursday.

In initiating coverage ahead of this month’s initial public offering, Ives argued that Uber will need to set itself apart from rival rail-hailing services like Lyft in order to satisfy investors.

Profitability at Uber’s standard driving service is going to be “an Everest uphill battle,” said Ives, whose firm put an outperform rating on the company with a price target of $65 per share. Instead, he said Uber’s growth will come from its other ventures such as its Uber Eats food delivery service and shipping platform Uber Freight.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/ube...ability-will-be-an-everest-uphill-battle.html

Delivery and shipping are crowded as fuck too. There is no room for Uber.

In Toronto we have a weed delivery service now called Duber. As long as they don't go on strike I don't give a fuck.

And all of those still exists. But everything you mention was an "industrial invention".
We invented the car which is way better than a horse buggy. So much more can be done with a car. We went from you having to wash every pot and pan to a machine that does it for you. You still have the job it's just now easier for you.
Uber and Lyft brought nothing new to the table. They basically came in as an app and not a transportation service to skirt around regulations. Now you have immigrants losing there jobs to a bunch of white kids who will cycle through this shit as they go on to their careers.
So dont compare Uber to the fuckin creation of the wheel unless that Ubers taking us to Mars.
Uber is far more accountable, safe, clean, reliable, and cheap than taxis could ever hope to be. It is a huge step up.

lol at Uber being anywhere near Tesla. They are in a crowded field and will get crushed. You don't just become a car manufacturer overnight. It has a massive barrier to entry.

Tesla is starting a taxi service too.

Go invest in plant burgers like Beyond Meat. Uber is done.
self-driving-uber.jpg

UberCrashVideo-TA.jpg

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/18/uber-atg-1-billion-toyota-denso-vision-fund-spin-out/

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/...ll-legalizing-self-driving-uber-cars-11161818

You clearly have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Uber is not making cars..they are modifying existing cars and making them driverless....they clearly think humanless driving cars are the future...they also have toyota backing them.

Now are they gonna be successful and beat teslas self driving cars? Who knows, but uber clearly has a head start on the "taxi" game and clearly knows, self driving is the future.

So I stand corrected...uber has invested on this and knows this is the future thus you have zero idea on wtf you are talking about, trying to claim uber is ok with having human drivers forever lolololol

self-driving-uber.jpg

UberCrashVideo-TA.jpg

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/18/uber-atg-1-billion-toyota-denso-vision-fund-spin-out/

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/...ll-legalizing-self-driving-uber-cars-11161818

You clearly have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Uber is not making cars..they are modifying existing cars and making them driverless....they clearly think humanless driving cars are the future...they also have toyota backing them.

Now are they gonna be successful and beat teslas self driving cars? Who knows, but uber clearly has a head start on the "taxi" game and clearly knows, self driving is the future.

So I stand corrected...uber has invested on this and knows this is the future thus you have zero idea on wtf you are talking about, trying to claim uber is ok with having human drivers forever lolololol

Who ever said Uber doesn't know they need to go driverless? It is in my fuckin OP article. Total strawman there.

“Wall Street investors are telling Uber and Lyft to cut down on driver income, stop incentives, and go faster to driverless cars,” NYTWA Executive Director Bhairavi Desai said. “With the IPO, Uber’s corporate owners are set to make billions, all while drivers are left in poverty and go bankrupt.

They don't have a head start on shit. They are a useless middle man with nothing proprietary.

lol at the taxi white knights. fuck them and their overcharging ways.

This. Taxi drivers were famous all over the world for being unprofessional pieces of shit. Uber and Lyft was able to break into their market so easily because people hated taking cabs.

It was never meant to be a full time job. LOL at these idiots.

my guess is you are a shit kicker working a shit kicker type of job, and it makes you feel superior as though these types of jobs are beneath you.

people aren't investing in these jobs as their preferred career path. they are doing it out of necessity. it's expensive in the entire fuckin united states, and most jobs don't pay enough. uber / lyft deliberately fuck people over by making them independent contractors rather than w-2 employees so that they can skirt around paying them and saving more for the company's bottom line.

i suggest rather than be a prick, you actually stop and think for a second why and how the temporary independent contractor job has become such a booming desirability. or, you can continue on being a retard shit kicker eating up right wing propaganda while your life continues to get shittier. choice is yours.

Who ever said Uber doesn't know they need to go driverless? It is in my fuckin OP article. Total strawman there.

“Wall Street investors are telling Uber and Lyft to cut down on driver income, stop incentives, and go faster to driverless cars,” NYTWA Executive Director Bhairavi Desai said. “With the IPO, Uber’s corporate owners are set to make billions, all while drivers are left in poverty and go bankrupt.

They don't have a head start on shit. They are a useless middle man with nothing proprietary.

Disclaimer: I do not own shares of Lyft though I used to. These companies I think will eventually fail. The clear path to profitability and practicality is to go driverless. There they will run into people like Tesla who are way ahead of them and wipe the floor with them. Some people will get rich before it happens though.
You clearly are implying that uber isnt investing on driverless technology and dont know that is the future....when they are clearly investing on this and now this is the future.

Regardless if uber fails or succeeds against tesla.. your statement was pure fucking bullshit.

As for your quote....Investors want driverless cars faster.. ok...that literally has zero to do with your original statement on how uber not thinking this is the future.

You clearly are implying that uber isnt investing on driverless technology and dont know that is the future....when they are clearly investing on this and now this is the future.

Regardless if uber fails or succeeds against tesla.. your statement was pure fucking bullshit.

As for your quote....Investors want driverless cars faster.. ok...that literally has zero to do with your original statement on how uber not thinking this is the future.

I am implying they are far behind, which they are. The rest is a strawman you insist on. You obviously have some sort of emotional attachment to Uber. lol. Poor fuck. Buy a car or get a real job.

Who will cave first if loosely organized, low wage, low skill people strike? Will it be low skilled workers or their employer? Who has more resources to weather the strike?

Low skilled workers either need to do something to make themselves worth more, or they just need to accept their lot. If the Uber/Lyft drivers all went on strike today, they could all be replaced within a week. A teenager has enough skill to do their job.

I am implying they are far behind, which they are. The rest is a strawman you insist on. You obviously have some sort of emotional attachment to Uber. lol. Poor fuck. Buy a car or get a real job.
Again you speaking out of your ass.

Tesla without a doubt has a headstart on manufacturing self driving cars.....that doesnt mean that Uber's self driving software and converted cars are way behind.

You clearly speaking out of your ass, we don't know who will fully implement self driving taxis first...but you are acting as if you analyzed both their self driving software etc lolol.

On the contrary, it seems like your an elitist fuck who didnt invest on uber/lyft and now have a vendetta against them thus you make up shit to hate em.

It was never meant to be a full time job. LOL at these idiots.

Sure. I think it's right in the contract. The Lyft and Uber app won't even allow a driver to be sent more ride bookings for the week once he/she has reached 31 hours of drive time.

Instead they receive an automated message that says: "Sorry. This is a part-time job. Use the rest of the week to earn a degree and find a real one."

:rolleyes:

So these guys had no problem screwing the taxi guys by undercutting their prices, but now they expect ppl to feel sorry for them?

That's on the TNC's, not their drivers.

Do you really think the average part-time Lyft driver wouldn't be working part-time for a taxi company that paid significantly more and didn't require them to put mileage on their personal vehicle? Of course they would. But due to geography or lack of openings it wasn't an option. So they went with Plan B.

Back