LW is the best division in the sport and its not even remotely close

There is no fighter at 155 that would stand a chance against the likes of Usman, Woodley or Askren. Khabib knows it.

They are much larger than Khabib. And? Would they stand a chance against Romero, Whttaker, Mousasi, Jacare?

Also Usman's performance vs RDA hardly supports your claim.

LW is the best, WW is next but WW has some suspect guys who are only strikers or gas out quick/boring

Name me last boring LW fight like Woodley and Mia and Wonderboy or others.

I would say LW is the best but WW is not far off, there are a ton of prospects at WW who aren't getting fights and haven't had their moment yet.

LW has always been the deepest division since most men in the world are naturally lightweight which means more competition.

They are much larger than Khabib. And? Would they stand a chance against Romero, Whttaker, Mousasi, Jacare?

Also Usman's performance vs RDA hardly supports your claim.

As long as i know, Woodley may KO all those guys you mentioned. He beat Gastelum who fought for the MW belt just tonight and is KO MWs all fights.

Usman easily dominated RDA, and im a big RDA fan.

Khabib missed weight a couple of times and is killing his body just to not fight against the top WWs.

As long as i know, Woodley may KO all those guys you mentioned. He beat Gastelum who fought for the MW belt just tonight and is KO MWs all fights.

Usman easily dominated RDA, and im a big RDA fan.

Khabib missed weight a couple of times and is killing his body just to not fight against the top WWs.

Khabib missed weight once when he was sick (unrelated to weight cut), and then had the one time bad weight cutting botch.
He isn't missing weight every other time.

And again, he is smaller than someone like Woodley by a lot.

Mw for me. Whittaker. Romero, gastelum, style bender, jacare , weidman .. costa

Excuse me, sir, but he definitely is. Khabib and Tony #1 and #2, in whichever order you prefer, and Dustin is #3. Who else at 155 beats him?
C'mon now...

Looking at his most recent fights:
KO'd by Michael Johnson - who would probably do it again since Dustin's striking is downright rudimentary, reliant on his power and debatably above average hand speed, while Johnson is quicker and more technical
Won a majority decision against Jim Miller - after they pulled him out of the pyramid and blew the dust off (still mah dude though, even if I REALLY want him to hangem' up...)
Then the Alvarez NC
Beat Pettis - after ol' Tony tried to get out of a [body triangle, I think?] by temporarily relocating his ribs; and who hasn't won 2+ fights in a row in his last 10 fights...
TKO'd Gaethje - a pretty prime match up for Dustin, given his power and Justin's habit of just eating strikes to the head; a quality win though, but not top 5
TKO'd Eddie in the rematch - who, at that point, had 1 win, 1 loss, and 1 NC, and who just got floored in the 1st round of his first OneFC fight a few weeks ago
Now, won a decision over the 145lb champ - who is clearly significantly smaller

I'll take Kevin Lee, Iaquinta, Cerrone, and Barboza as wins over Poirier. Michael Johnson as a "probably". Then, I'll add Gregor Gillespie and Paul Felder as strong 'maybe's over Poirier too.

The dude is chinny and often makes major mistakes in his fights that are wide open for his opponents to take advantage of - he even said that Max, who is obviously MUCH smaller than Dustin and has never packed heavy power in spite of his volume-derived TKOs, had hurt him pretty bad in this fight.
The UFC clearly threw him a bone here with this int(AKA, worthless) title shot, for being a 'company man' - though, I would've preferred to see them toss it to Cowboy instead. Dustin was in the right place at the right time with the right record vs the top 5 who have been fighting each other(while Dustin only fought Eddie when he was top 5, every other opponent being outside); he didn't get this title shot because he "earned" it.

Last edited:
Also, the sky is blue.

Of course the LW division is the best division.

Jorge and Pettis were bottom 10 LWs and both just KOd top 3-5 WWs stiff who were also the best sturikers in the division

Max the #4 P4P fighter and easily best FW moves up to a division he said was "natural" to him and gets 4-1'd and the shit beat out of him by Dustin whos not even top 3 in the division........

Pettis was literally a WEC/UFC LW champion. He was beat by RDA and Max handedly

LW has always been one of the strongest, deepest divisions.

C'mon now...

Looking at his most recent fights:
KO'd by Michael Johnson - who would probably do it again since Dustin's striking is downright rudimentary, reliant on his power and debatably above average hand speed, while Johnson is quicker and more technical
Won a majority decision against Jim Miller - after they pulled him out of the pyramid and blew the dust off (still mah dude though, even if I REALLY want him to hangem' up...)
Then the Alvarez NC
Beat Pettis - after ol' Tony tried to get out of a [body triangle, I think?] by temporarily relocating his ribs; and who hasn't won 2+ fights in a row in his last 10 fights...
TKO'd Gaethje - a pretty prime match up for Dustin, given his power and Justin's habit of just eating strikes to the head; a quality win though, but not top 5
TKO'd Eddie in the rematch - who, at that point, had 1 win, 1 loss, and 1 NC, and who just got floored in the 1st round of his first OneFC fight a few weeks ago
Now, won a decision over the 145lb champ - who is clearly significantly smaller

I'll take Kevin Lee, Iaquinta, Cerrone, and Barboza as wins over Poirier. Michael Johnson as a "probably". Then, I'll add Gregor Gillespie and Paul Felder as strong 'maybe's over Poirier too.

The dude is chinny and often makes major mistakes in his fights that are wide open for his opponents to take advantage of - he even said that Max, who is obviously MUCH smaller than Dustin and has never packed heavy power in spite of his volume-derived TKOs, had hurt him pretty bad in this fight.
The UFC clearly threw him a bone here with this int(AKA, worthless) title shot, for being a 'company man' - though, I would've preferred to see them toss it to Cowboy instead. Dustin was in the right place at the right time with the right record vs the top 5 who have been fighting each other(while Dustin only fought Eddie when he was top 5, every other opponent being outside); he didn't get this title shot because he "earned" it.
I couldn't disagree with you more but unless they fight, I can't tell you you're wrong.

Back