LW GOAT top 5

Back in the day, the likes of BJ Penn and Gomi were ranked highly, but I don't think they compare to the fighters of today. Here's my top 5:

1. Conor McGregor
2. Khabib Nurmagomedov
3. Tony Ferguson
4. Dustin Poirier
5. Justin Gaethje

Rafael dos Anjos narrowly misses out.

What's your opinion on the top 5?
Youareanidiot

Eddie Alvarez does not get enough credit, the man has beat some of the best lightweights over two separate eras and either won gold everywhere or beat the guy that won Gold.
Joachim Hansen Dream champ
Tatsuya Kawajiri Shooto champ
Shinya Aoki Dream/ONE champ
Pat Curran Bellator champ
Gilbert Melendez Strikeforce/WEC champ
Michael Chandler Bellator champ
Anthony Pettis WEC/UFC champ
Dos Anjos UFC champ
Justin Gaethje WSOF(PFL) champ

Conor has one good win at LW.

Dude scraped by Nate, and yet Benson and BJ couldn't "hang with these guys"?

lmao. This new breed shit comes around every 5 years, and its always dumb.

Based on skill and resume:

1 Khabib
2 Tony
3 Conor
4 RDA
5 Henderson

There’s nothing wrong with my list lmao
Yeah there is. I'm asking for a best fighters list, not greatest achievements list. And they clearly aren't the best five fighters.

I know what you mean though by "wrong" though. In your mind, to be "right", you gotta follow everyone else. And you have, don't worry.

I'm a Conor fan, but how the hell is Conor ranked above Khabib despite the fact that Khabib smashed Conor?
How is Justin Gaethje even on this list considering the fact that he is 3-2 in the UFC?
At least Tony and Dustin being on this list is at least somewhat reasonable, but neither one of them has had the belt yet, just Interim belts. So does it really make sense to put them on a list of all time great Lightweights when neither one of them has held the Lightweight belt?
Be honest, this is a troll thread isn't it?

Gsp still says to this day that the best fighter he ever fought was Bj Penn.

Khabib
Tony
Penn
Gomi
Bendo

I'm a Conor fan, but how the hell is Conor ranked above Khabib despite the fact that Khabib smashed Conor?
How is Justin Gaethje even on this list considering the fact that he is 3-2 in the UFC?
At least Tony and Dustin being on this list is at least somewhat reasonable, but neither one of them has had the belt yet, just Interim belts. So does it really make sense to put them on a list of all time great Lightweights when neither one of them has held the Lightweight belt?
Be honest, this is a troll thread isn't it?
Yes and no to it being a troll thread. I knew it'd get a reaction but it IS what I believe.

Conor is ahead of Khabib because Conor does better than Khabib does against other 155ers.

Most people just do rankings on accomplishments, such as titles and records. I do rankings based on what we know about fighters' skills through their accomplishments, including wins and losses. It's why Gaethje is ranked highly. He's a great fighter.

Back in the day, the likes of BJ Penn and Gomi were ranked highly, but I don't think they compare to the fighters of today. Here's my top 5:

1. Conor McGregor
2. Khabib Nurmagomedov
3. Tony Ferguson
4. Dustin Poirier
5. Justin Gaethje

youre forgetting BJ Penn

1. Conor McGregor
2. Khabib Nurmagomedov
3. Tony Ferguson
4. Dustin Poirier
5. Justin Gaethje

also conor only had 2 fights at lightweight hes 1-1 khabib is questionable has to get past tony first tony should be higher up and justin is nowhere near goat status lmao you forgot bj penn like i said earlier btw

Back